A330 Reconfiguation

beachboy

Veteran
Jul 7, 2006
Date: Thursday, 18 January 2007 13:16 ET
To:USAALLMX.F/A From:*****
Subject: A330 Reconfiguration Update
Two A330 A/C (Nos. 277 & 275) have been reconfigured to 6/24/263 seating.
When A/C No. 277 went on line, feedback indicated that the last three
center row seats did not provide adequate space for leg room and seat tray
usage when the seatbacks forward of these rows were in the full recline
position.
Engineering quickly re-evaluated these rows and came up with the following
space improvement, which was implemented for A/C No. 275:
* The center doghouses behind row 39 with emergency equipment inside were removed.
* The emergency equipment previously stowed in the doghouse is now mounted to
the wall behind row 39, A/C center. No changes were made to the equipment
stowage locations.
- A/C center left has 2 POB masks and 1 ELT mounted to the aft wall.
- A/C center right has 2 AEDs and 1 EEMK mounted to the aft wall.

Date: Thursday, 18 January 2007 13:16 ET
To:USAALLMX.F/A From:*****
Subject: A330 Reconfiguration Update
Two A330 A/C (Nos. 277 & 275) have been reconfigured to 6/24/263 seating.
position.
Engineering quickly re-evaluated these rows and came up with the following
space improvement, which was implemented for A/C No. 275:
* The center doghouses behind row 39 with emergency equipment inside were removed.
* The emergency equipment previously stowed in the doghouse is now mounted to
the wall behind row 39, A/C center. No changes were made to the equipment
stowage locations.
- A/C center left has 2 POB masks and 1 ELT mounted to the aft wall.
- A/C center right has 2 AEDs and 1 EEMK mounted to the aft wall.

The 737 TUNA CAN is starting to look really good now!! :closedeyes: :closedeyes:

And why are they hanging on to those precious SIX seats up in Business Class/Envoy when they are NOT sold as Int'l FIRST!? Eliminating rows 6&7 in Business made sense since this cabin appeared separated from the larger Envoy Cabin. If people are not willing to PAY for Int'l First those SIX seats need to be yanked out and another row of standard Envoy Seats added. As of today we DO NOT offer a Three Class Int'l Product so why are these seats remaining? (Not to mention these seats are not that great anyway....unless you want to see what it is like to sleep in a coffin) :down: :lol:

position.

How stupid!! So nobody in engineering thought for a moment to test the seat recline and tray tables? Or are all our engineers the size of children? Geez!

The 737 TUNA CAN is starting to look really good now!! :closedeyes: :closedeyes:

I know what you mean.....although I hope they leave the 737's the way they are! Heard some of the west 737's have 3 oxygen mask on one side and 4 on the other.....brings back nightmare MD-80 days going to MCO! :shock: Let's hope that those planes STAY out west.....because they won't work over here with all the flights from the NE cities to MCO!

:lol: I hmay have fits of craziness on a given day but NO F'n thank you when Satan's Chariot (737) is up against The Bus......I know I heard it all before "It's the top selling a/c of All Time".....whoopee do, and Bin Ladin is the Greatest Terrorist of all time too. The flying Flipper and its onboard outhouse SUCKS anyway you look at it....and that fact will NEVER Change.

Re: Row 1 on the 330, you can't yank out those narrower Row 1 seats and replace them with standard Envoy seats because the cabin is narrower that far up front and 6 standard Envoy Seats will not fit ! I have flown in both and I find the regular Envoy more comfortable due to the width even though Row 1 has better recline and more privacy.

First:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0949676/L/

Envoy:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0949675/L/

Cheers

LGA777

So if I understand you correctly, You REALLY don't like the Boeing 737?

Is this feeling reserved for just the 737 or does it extend to the 75 and 76?
Just the 737............I never liked the "Fat Albert" of the Airline world when it was NEW let alone when it got old.....and the 737-200 (Jesus Fn Christ.....don't go There- that was a sh*tbox ON the Drawing Boards at Boeing and talk about LOUD!) From a pax perspective AB is MUCH better!

Unbelievable, I cannot believe that they are actually trying to CRAM more seats into the back of the 330!! :down: That plane was not put here to be flying trailer trash from LAS-OAK and they need to leave it ALONE!!!! BTW, the last row middle is the crew rest seats correct? I hate these people in Tempe.

How in the Hell did you guys manage to cram 263 coach seats on that airplane!!! Delta's 777's have 218 in the back and 50 up front, for a total of 268 for the ENTIRE airplane.

How in the Hell did you guys manage to cram 263 coach seats on that airplane!!! Delta's 777's have 218 in the back and 50 up front, for a total of 268 for the ENTIRE airplane.
Who knows how they managed that!! They are trying to turn this into America West East. So embarrassing.

First, a 777 and a 330 are two different airplanes. Secondly, the configuration was changed to match that of the closest competition (operator of that same aircraft type) which is Northwest. The US 330 still has more f/c seats though.

Atleast it kept you out of liquidation.
If U would have liquidated every time some Joe Shmo said they were going to, they would have been gone a long time ago. I can't believe people actually believe what airline "experts" have to say.

Latest posts