AA Agents: CWA or Unorganized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Discuss.

Will the CWA need to have a representational election? Obviously they had some support at AA but the effort in January 2013 failed. How do USAIR agents feel about their representation? Hopefully the agents will remain unorganized, the agents I know in BOS like it that way, most of the unionistas are at ORD, LGA, and a few in MIA.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
Runoff election?

Do you even know what you are talking about?

Nope you dont!

Come back when you actually know what you are posting.

Reactions: 3 people
Remain non-union?

Why so they can be at the company's mercy?

You are totally clueless.

Ask how much better it has been for the former HP CSA and Res since they got a union.

And you can ask the PMUS agents the same.

You have no idea what the company did to them when they were non-union.

What I've never been able to understand is the PMAA agents have voted against representation twice in the years I've been with AA; yet, they complain and get all agitated over the company outsourcing their jobs to minimum wage (or near to it) contractors.  For some reason, they can't see  a link between the two events.

Reactions: 3 people
Yea like the agents will be honest with Josh. The fact is those of us who work with these people everyday know they would like to have a union but the RLA ties them in with the people who sit at home or in a remote office doing bookings, and those people along with a minority percentage of koolaide drinking masochists have prevented the agents from organizing. My bet is that with the addition of the US agents they will finally get a Union.

Reactions: 6 people
Thomas Paine said:
Yea like the agents will be honest with Josh. The fact is those of us who work with these people everyday know they would like to have a union but the RLA ties them in with the people who sit at home or in a remote office doing bookings, and those people along with a minority percentage of koolaide drinking masochists have prevented the agents from organizing. My bet is that with the addition of the US agents they will finally get a Union.
YEP +100000

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
So now he is the official spokesman for all AA's CSAs in BOS.

You have WT Syndrome.
I thought you labeled me as an AA manager in BOS, remember that? And many of the agents I know at LAX and MIA don't like the CWA, particularly in Premium Services.

Josh

john john said:
They like their jobs being outsourced
CWA championed $9/hr jobs just like the IAM, and Piedmont is CWA so they still collect dues when stations are outsourced, just like Air Willy for the IAM.

Josh

Sure you do.

You have your hands on the pulse of all airlines and unions.

Unreal.

Ever realize that you are anti-union and maybe those agents who you know, but dont speak for tell you what you want to hear?

They are nice to me, I know they don't want CWA and I know the unionistas are in my seven years dealing with them, among the worst agents at the station.

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.