AA among 10 most hated companies

johnny kat

Senior
Oct 11, 2011
Everyone at AA worked very hard for this,

2. American Airlines

American’s parent, AMR, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in November 2011. That virtually wiped out the value of the holdings of every shareholder. American recently was picked as the worst airline for customer service by the annual Middle Seat scorecard, published in the Wall Street Journal. “For the past five years, American has been among the worst three airlines at on-time performance, a key measure of an airline’s operation since it impacts mishandled bags, bumped passengers and even canceled flights and customer complaints,” the survey’s authors said. The report states that the airline was the worst among major carriers last year for baggage handling and canceled flights, canceling 70% more flights than United and Delta. With a score of 63 in the American Customer Satisfaction Index section on airlines, American falls near the bottom, well below leader Southwest, which has a score of 81.

With results like these, why does AA deserve to remain in business or as a stand alone entity?

With results like these, why does AA deserve to remain in business or as a stand alone entity?
If they keep going down the same path with it's front line employees they probably won't stay in business very long. You think those numbers are bad now.....wait until the house comes crashing down in a few weeks when they come out with their term sheet.

I can imagine the comment from Centrepork:

"We can't understand why this would be.

Sure - we lied to our people at every available opportunity. When we were too busy to do so, we got our wholly owned subsidiary, the twu, to do so for us. Sure, we refused to pay a fair wage as the competition and hell - the employees didn't need those extra holidays anyway not to mention the week of earned vacation we took. They also think they need full pay for sick time. We stonewalled and kept the status quo in contract negotiations - they should have lapped that right up being the loyal employees we thought we had.

We'll just never understand how we were rated so low."

You wont have to change much if USAir buys you...Our company motto is We're not happy till you're not happy...And after the pax the company hates the employees just as much....After 35 years of loyal service and many givebacks they farmed out the ramp in our station. We are about the 30th station they have done this to. The only thing they keep hiring is management....

Short memory there skippy?

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2011/07/11/us-airways-makes-most-hated.html

According to The Atlantic: “Common complaints include low ratings for cabin-crew service, baggage fees and baggage handling, a lack of entertainment options and poor communication regarding delays. The company is currently censured by the Department of Transportation for its lack of communication with travelers. In June 2011, the airline carrier paid $45,000 in fines for failing to include the law-required applicable taxes and fees on the same page as a print advertisement on airfare.”

At least we're in Bk because of it and doing whats needed to improve. Whats your excuse? LCC, the gift that keeps giving!

You know whats so funny about your comment, at least to me is Parker and most LCC employees are dying to become a part of AA.

Short memory there skippy?

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2011/07/11/us-airways-makes-most-hated.html

According to The Atlantic: “Common complaints include low ratings for cabin-crew service, baggage fees and baggage handling, a lack of entertainment options and poor communication regarding delays. The company is currently censured by the Department of Transportation for its lack of communication with travelers. In June 2011, the airline carrier paid $45,000 in fines for failing to include the law-required applicable taxes and fees on the same page as a print advertisement on airfare.”

At least we're in Bk because of it and doing whats needed to improve. Whats your excuse? LCC, the gift that keeps giving!

You know whats so funny about your comment, at least to me is Parker and most LCC employees are dying to become a part of AA.
Yeah your so right We are all dieing here at US to become part of a bankrupt the most hated company. It's more like were all waiting on the sidelines for AA to fall on it's Arse and take advantage of the fallen pieces.

Yeah your so right We are all dieing here at US to become part of a bankrupt the most hated company. It's more like were all waiting on the sidelines for AA to fall on it's Arse and take advantage of the fallen pieces.
[/quote] ;) ------ Hummm! Somehow this all sounds familiar!!!

;) ------ Hummm! Somehow this all sounds familiar!!!

The employees are not but Doug is. And I don't think we as US employees have any room to talk. It's not like our company is loved by everyone. I am also sure many US employees do not wish AA to be broken up and many employees to lose their job. Speak for your self.

;) ------ Hummm! Somehow this all sounds familiar!!!

The employees are not but Doug is. And I don't think we as US employees have any room to talk. It's not like our company is loved by everyone. I am also sure many US employees do not wish AA to be broken up and many employees to lose their job. Speak for your self.
<_< ------- I am speaking for myself. As an exTWA employee, I know quit well how it feels to be taken advantage of in BK! But frankly I don't believe AA's assits well be sold off to the highest bidder,even if they deserve to be. TWA was broke, AA still is sitting on a sizable amount of cash! And frankly I'm surprised someone like Carl Ichan, or Lorenzo, didn't go after it before now!

I do not know of anyone at US wishing ill-will toward AA or the employees. And anyone who does has a very short memory indeed. The point for posting this was to highlight what has been happening to once great airlines far too many times. It seems every time a company has turmoil some organization is more than happy to kick 'em when there down. Now it is AA's turn at the bottom. US no longer has the lead at being the worst and I don't mean that to be condescending in the least.

The faster all the employees at AA get this episode behind them the stronger they will be. Whatever form your restructuring takes I am sure it will be a better future than the recent past. Then everyone will turn the spotlight on the next airline mess. Any speculation about who that could be. IMHO I think after everyone else has gone through the dark it will be Southwest's turn. Wouldn't it be nice to one day be able to stop worrying so much. The only way for that to happen is for the entire industry to finally get its fundamentals right and quit beating the hell out of the employees.