AA Applies For LAX-GDL, MIA-MTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC

American Airlines applied today with DOT to begin service between Los Angeles and Guadalajara and between Miami and Monterrey.

Proposed schedules effective June 4, 2015:

AA 903
LAX 0030-0540 GDL Daily A319
AA 985 GDL 1955-2120 LAX Daily A319

AA 231 MIA 1655-1915 MTY Daily A319
AA 319 MTY 0715-1110 MIA Daily A319

Reactions: 1 person
won't get approved only DL can grow in LA and DL has it sights on MIA so AA might want to give up that market as well

Reactions: 9 people
jcw said:
won't get approved only DL can grow in LA and DL has it sights on MIA so AA might want to give up that market as well
HaHa so true! If AA reported a 10 trillion profit! Still wouldn't be as good as Deltaflot!

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:
question for those that know, will this start after the new bilateral takes place? (I was thinking it was 2016) 

I ask because LAX-GDL is "full" IIRC (AS/DL) or is it one of the three carrier markets?

silverbird007 said:
HaHa so true! If AA reported a 10 trillion profit! Still wouldn't be as good as Deltaflot!
no because of profit sharing
or union dues
or 777s to Europe 
etc
etc.
etc. 

Jan 1 2016.

remind me what Mexican airline AA has proposed a codeshare arrangement... and is it a codeshare only or a JV?

nice to know that DL and me make it into threads even before I participate.

It's amazing that depending on what the narrative is, having a code-share/JV partner can be either an advantage or disadvantage ... ... ...

if the JV produces results for each carrier, then it is a win-win regardless.

nowhere have I ever said differently.

and the question remains who is the proposed partner for AA in Mexico and remind me again of the type of arrangement that is envisioned.

WorldTraveler said:
Jan 1 2016.

remind me what Mexican airline AA has proposed a codeshare arrangement... and is it a codeshare only or a JV?

nice to know that DL and me make it into threads even before I participate.
maybe you could, for just once, not cause a thread to become a AA vs DL pissing contest. Just once..........?

Reactions: 5 people
WorldTraveler said:
Jan 1 2016.

FORT WORTH, TexasDec. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- American Airlines has signed a codeshare agreement with Mexico City-based Interjet, adding new service to key destinations in Mexico.

WorldTraveler said:
and the question remains who is the proposed partner for AA in Mexico and remind me again of the type of arrangement that is envisioned.

Happy now?

AirbusA310 said:
FORT WORTH, TexasDec. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- American Airlines has signed a codeshare agreement with Mexico City-based Interjet, adding new service to key destinations in Mexico.

Oh and BTW:  is it a prerequisite to have a codeshare/JV partner in every single country?

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:

Happy now?

Oh and BTW:  is it a prerequisite to have a codeshare/JV partner in every single country?
makes it easier to outsource the flying like Delta does so I am assuming his answer is yes. 

Reactions: 5 people
is it a prerequisite to have a codeshare/JV partner in every single country?
thank you and no it isn't a prerequisite but AA clearly sees Mexico as a key country in Latin America.

given that AeroMexico is already working on a JV with DL, it isn't possible for airlines on either side of the border to sit still.

Mexico like many markets has been fragmented between multiple carriers for years but will likely concentrate into fewer but stronger carriers.

UA is also strong in Mexico but I don't think have announced a partner so if they don't find one it will be interesting to see how things change between US and Mexican carriers.

Status
Not open for further replies.