AA breaks its silence on labor talks

FWflyer

Aug 26, 2003
American Airlines breaks its silence

American has generally kept quiet about its side of negotiations with its three labor unions on contracts that will be open to changes next year.

That appears to have changed. Sharp-eyed readers have alerted Sky Talk to a new site, AANegotiations, which debuted today and features airline management's side of the labor story. It includes news and information about the industry and labor talks, and has pages dedicated to each work group that's currently in negotiations.

http://startelegram.typepad.com/sky_talk/

Imagine that, a website set up by AA for negotiation purposes and they use ECLAT for the wage comparison, the same firm hired once again by the twu for negotiations. Let the screwing begin...

http://www.aanegotiations.com/busWages.asp

Chart_bus_wag.jpg

Also nice how they use an article about productivity in maintenance that is almost 3 years old, long before the lean BS at AA. The article also states that SWA does all C-checks, 1/4 and 1/2 D-checks in house, so I guess their wage of $8 more an hour would be a good comparison afterall.

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/sto...ws/om904cvr.xml

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Good Detective work, FWflyer !!!

NH/BB's

Why don't they call it www.wecannotpayyoumore.com? Any other flight attendants still have their copies of Negotiation News from the 93 contract? Same old crap-new technology.

...looks to me like Aviation Daily hired Eclat and AA is using that info...but hey, screw reality.

A simple question:

Is AA management simply stupid or not?

ANY CEO/Management Team should know that a happy work force is a productive work force. AA cried the end of the world, with the twu's blessing, if concessions were not given. Well, they were given alright. Then management took their bonuses and labor was simply given a deaf ear.

There is NO excuse for not returning what we LOANED AA.

A simple question:

Is AA management simply stupid or not?

ANY CEO/Management Team should know that a happy work force is a productive work force. AA cried the end of the world, with the twu's blessing, if concessions were not given. Well, they were given alright. Then management took their bonuses and labor was simply given a deaf ear.

There is NO excuse for not returning what we LOANED AA.

That is correct the concessions should be returned, however, I don't see that happening and i dont see any raises in the near future unfortunately.. Those pesky pensions are still going to being held for ransom - guaranteed!!

Imagine that, a website set up by AA for negotiation purposes and they use ECLAT for the wage comparison, the same firm hired once again by the twu for negotiations. Let the screwing begin...

http://www.aanegotiations.com/busWages.asp

Chart_bus_wag.jpg

Also nice how they use an article about productivity in maintenance that is almost 3 years old, long before the lean BS at AA. The article also states that SWA does all C-checks, 1/4 and 1/2 D-checks in house, so I guess their wage of $8 more an hour would be a good comparison afterall.

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/sto...ws/om904cvr.xml

The bottom left corner says maint is not included

With all the in house millions being generated by contract work I say we are long overdue for a raise. And a substantial one at that.

;)

...it's too bad the show "Fantasy Island" isn't still on...they'd have an endless cast of character. Airline employees unwilling to accept the realities of the world around them.

That is correct the concessions should be returned, however, I don't see that happening and i dont see any raises in the near future unfortunately.. Those pesky pensions are still going to being held for ransom - guaranteed!!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Well "Beauty", I hate to ruin your day, but I don't think that AA's defined benefit Pension Plan will ever go away.

(allow me to use NW recent action, as an example)

As you know, NW kept/froze the DB plan, and simply farmed out all small-mid size station work, and kept Hubs and mid-large stations. (For AA, think BOS/LGA/JFK/EWR/DCA/MCO/MIA/ORD/STL/DFW/IAH/LAS/LAX/SFO/SJC/SEA only)........................and a scenario like that, is what the "great One", (Uncle) Bobby Crandall "prognosticated" almost 15 years ago.

AA DB plan,..."ain't goin' nowhere" !!
(As I said earlier..BEAUTY....Sorry if I RUINED your day) :rolleyes:

NH/BB's

AA DB plan,..."ain't goin' nowhere" !!
(As I said earlier..BEAUTY....Sorry if I RUINED your day) :rolleyes:
NH/BB's

No prob NHBB, didn't ruin my day at all, actually I don't think they will go anywhere either as they shouldn't... AA will use those pensions to the max advantage as a negotiating tool, as in, no major pay raises if any at all... Hey you guys want that pension don't you? Is what they'll say... Our competitors have a major advantage over us as they have slashed costs in BK.. ETC ETC ETC.., we all know the drill... It will be interesting to say the least.. I would be willing to place bets on pay raises and amounts, though, just a friendly bet if you want NHBB.,

Personally, I harbor no illusions of getting a pension from AA.It's there now, but as we've seen over the years, that means nothing, and in the sacred name of 'Remaining Competitive' anything and everything can be dumped.Except for executive retirement packages, after all they have a contract...

Arpey will blather about 'Choosing a different path' right now, but who knows what the next five years hold.

I agree.. How many times as AA said "At least we still have a pension."

This will become a bargaining tool, whether you choose to believe it or not.

If anyone expects EVERYTHING back that was lost,, it may happen, but only in return for something substantial like the PENSION.