AA canceling east coast flts due to Irene

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
Hundreds of thousands of airline passengers will be grounded this weekend as Hurricane Irene sweeps up the East Coast, past some of the nation's busiest airports.

JetBlue Airways said Friday it was scrubbing about 880 flights between Saturday and Monday, most of them to and from hub airports in New York and Boston.

American Airlines canceled 32 flights on Friday, mostly in North Carolina and Virginia, and expected to halt flights in and out of Washington-area airports - about 150 flights a day - around noon Saturday. Southwest Airlines planned to stop flights to and from Norfolk, Va., beginning Saturday morning.

Irene is expected to make landfall around North Carolina on Saturday, move up the coast to New York on Sunday and then weaken as it plods through New England. It could strike major airports from Washington to Boston.

Delta has yet to announce any cancellations. Upon seeing the news of the impending storm, an US Aviation poster was to have allegedly posted that God himself could not delay or cancel a Delta flight. Since we all know Delta is more profitable and stronger than any deity.

The JetBlue cancellations are likely just the tip of the iceberg. Other airlines said Friday they were waiting to be more certain about Irene's path before announcing more cancelations.

full story here

Reactions: 1 person
Hundreds of thousands of airline passengers will be grounded this weekend as Hurricane Irene sweeps up the East Coast, past some of the nation's busiest airports.

JetBlue Airways said Friday it was scrubbing about 880 flights between Saturday and Monday, most of them to and from hub airports in New York and Boston.

American Airlines canceled 32 flights on Friday, mostly in North Carolina and Virginia, and expected to halt flights in and out of Washington-area airports - about 150 flights a day - around noon Saturday. Southwest Airlines planned to stop flights to and from Norfolk, Va., beginning Saturday morning.

Irene is expected to make landfall around North Carolina on Saturday, move up the coast to New York on Sunday and then weaken as it plods through New England. It could strike major airports from Washington to Boston.

Delta has yet to announce any cancellations. Upon seeing the news of the impending storm, an US Aviation poster was to have allegedly posted that God himself could not delay or cancel a Delta flight. Since we all know Delta is more profitable and stronger than any deity.

The JetBlue cancellations are likely just the tip of the iceberg. Other airlines said Friday they were waiting to be more certain about Irene's path before announcing more cancelations.

full story here

Wishing all of you a safe weekend from the midwest. Our thoughts will be with you.

an US Aviation poster was to have allegedly posted that God himself could not delay or cancel a Delta flight.
God cancelled my daughter's DL flight from PBI-LGA which was to arrive today (27th) at 1259pm. Looks like she'll have to miss all the fun up here.

Meanwhile, I've got all the lawn furniture in the shed, plenty of flashlights and candles, food that doesn't need cooking or refrigeration, and most importantly, a case of Cabernet.

MK

God cancelled my daughter's DL flight from PBI-LGA which was to arrive today (27th) at 1259pm. Looks like she'll have to miss all the fun up here.

Meanwhile, I've got all the lawn furniture in the shed, plenty of flashlights and candles, food that doesn't need cooking or refrigeration, and most importantly, a case of Cabernet.

MK

I hope you have a couple of good books to read. Stay safe!

MK

Unlike the Titanic, God wouldnt dare mess with Delta. It must have been a aircraft reassignment to connect more people to one of there fabulous NY destinations.

Having been through plenty of these, the last was 22 days with out electricity. I can tell you a nice bottle of red and some Chef Boyardee. Mmmmm Mmmm Now thats living the life

Reactions: 5 people
I thought the clouds and seas parted for Delta... ;)

Clouds and Seas only part for Southwest and for a Hurricane like IRENE...only those who are sc"AA"red cancel flights...Glad you have the Cabernet and lots of H2o for the next Journalist who needs a story to make a living? Sleep well tonight!

We Know why u fly

Survey: United first, AA last in responding to requests for storm delays

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/30/2382586/survey-united-first-aa-last-in.html#ixzz1X0inIn4A

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/30/2382586/survey-united-first-aa-last-in.html#ixzz1WfNMhFXF