AA Cancelled my Reservation

BuffaloJoe

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
I was booked PHL-DFW-ZRH for May 3. I also was thinking why fly to DFW when I can fly out of JFK. So I ade a reservation for that. After thinking about which flight to take, I decided to fly out of PHL, cause the last two times that I travelled to JFK it was hell getting there and back. So I cancelled my JFK reservation and went into my other reservation to book it. The computer cancelled it out. I was never informed that they were going to do this and if I would have known I would of simply booked that right then. But I was just exploring my options and they cancelled it on me. Then I went back and try to book the JFK flight but it doesn't let me choose my seats and I do not want to sit next to the crapper in 42C. I called the number up and they wanted to charge me $15 for booking it by phone. I asked them to give me a seat not near the crapper. Is there anyway possible that I can get my origininal reservation reinstated? I hope so. I also had to confirm with my employer that the dates that I was gone would be OK.

I was booked PHL-DFW-ZRH for May 3. I also was thinking why fly to DFW when I can fly out of JFK. So I ade a reservation for that. After thinking about which flight to take, I decided to fly out of PHL, cause the last two times that I travelled to JFK it was hell getting there and back. So I cancelled my JFK reservation and went into my other reservation to book it. The computer cancelled it out. I was never informed that they were going to do this and if I would have known I would of simply booked that right then. But I was just exploring my options and they cancelled it on me. Then I went back and try to book the JFK flight but it doesn't let me choose my seats and I do not want to sit next to the crapper in 42C. I called the number up and they wanted to charge me $15 for booking it by phone. I asked them to give me a seat not near the crapper. Is there anyway possible that I can get my origininal reservation reinstated? I hope so. I also had to confirm with my employer that the dates that I was gone would be OK.

That's what you get for posting on USAVIATION....lol Hope you get it fixed.

So, let me get this straight... you were holding two reservations for the same destination at the same time, and you're upset that AA canceled one of them on you?

They didn't tell you. I guess the "Reservation is only good for 24 hours" in big red letters didn't clue you in?

I believe they will only hold a booking for 24 hours, with out payment.
No, its an award travel, reservation good for 14 days. I am waiting to purchase so I can make sure I get my passport. I sent off for it 1st week of January. I got the same flight back, but going I go to DFW then JFK. But everythings good now. I thank you all. BJ

They didn't tell you. I guess the "Reservation is only good for 24 hours" in big red letters didn't clue you in?

Buffalo joe,

Surely, only you know what works for you, but from PHL to JFK is a smooth transition, via Amtrak/LI-RR/and the Air train at JFK.

NH/BB's
That was my option for the two different reservations. I wanted to research it cause I never done it before. I knew it could be done. I also looked at the way from EWR to JFK. I live alittle over an hour from PHL just under 2 hours to EWR and BWI for that matters. I could also drive to JFK, but there is nothing I dread more than driving thru Staten Island and Coney Island in the day hours. The other option is go thru Manhatten, but that is out. If I wanted to travel to anywhere else than ZRH, it would have been quite easy. And MUC had me connecting in Heathrow. I looked at the map of Heathrow and it looks like a zoo. I don't want my first experience in foreign travel to be bad. Canada I have been to many times, especially fishing. Mexico I only been to TJ two years ago.

I am leaning on doing the grand tour of DFW and back, since its all included. That day is a wasted day anyway. If I had to do the train I could start out a it later.

Regardless of the 24 hour hold, duplicate bookings for the same basic routing but in separate PNR's can and do get whacked. I that happen to me personally last year -- I'd booked my own reservation, and my secretary also booked a separate reservation without telling me. The one I booked and had ticketed got canceled, taking my aisle seat with a powerport with it (by the time it was restored, I wound up in 31E...).

Fortunately, an upgrade came thru at departure time.

Revenue Management has a tool called Sage that seeks to eliminate fraudulent and duplicate bookings. By creating duplicate bookings, no matter how innocent the intent, a customer effectively removes product from our shelves that we otherwise could have sold. It's bad business to allow anyone or everyone other than American to control the sale of our products.

Revenue Management has a tool called Sage that seeks to eliminate fraudulent and duplicate bookings. By creating duplicate bookings, no matter how innocent the intent, a customer effectively removes product from our shelves that we otherwise could have sold. It's bad business to allow anyone or everyone other than American to control the sale of our products.
I understand that and agree somewhat with it. It should have been brought to my attention to make a choice, not cancel just anyone. But like I said above, I understand and I didn't think it would have been a bother as it was just for overnight. But I understand that situation of costing revenue, and it was MY mistake.

And MUC had me connecting in Heathrow. I looked at the map of Heathrow and it looks like a zoo. I don't want my first experience in foreign travel to be bad.

I am leaning on doing the grand tour of DFW and back, since its all included.
Given the choice, I'd much rather connect through LHR (The Flight Connections Centre) than through DFW. London has better shopping, shower facilities are available and covered walkways or bus shuttles connect the secured areas of the terminals, saving you the hassle of going though security screening as you switch between one terminal and another.

Given the choice, I'd much rather connect through LHR than through DFW. London has better shopping, shower facilities are available and covered walkways or bus shuttles connect the secured areas of the terminals, saving you the hassle of going though security screening as you switch between one terminal and another.

Don't know how long it's been since you've been to DFW, but Terminal D is definitely comparable to most Euro-hubs, including has showers for C & F pax and/or Admirals Club members, shopping, sit-down restaurants, and the ability to transit all terminals (including to other airlines) from airside without having to go thru security screening between terminals.

The only "hassle" will be clearing security after Customs, which you have to do regardless of where you transit in the US. They had dedicated lanes for Customs arrivals, which made it pretty easy when I flew thru there in December.

Don't know how long it's been since you've been to DFW, but Terminal D is definitely comparable to most Euro-hubs, including has showers for C & F pax and/or Admirals Club members, shopping, sit-down restaurants, and the ability to transit all terminals (including to other airlines) from airside without having to go thru security screening between terminals.

I recently had a stop over at Terminal D. Usually I dread the prospect of DFW layover. However Terinal D has got to be the nicest terminal I have ever been in. Makes a two hour layover go by rather quickly.

The only "hassle" will be clearing security after Customs, which you have to do regardless of where you transit in the US. They had dedicated lanes for Customs arrivals, which made it pretty easy when I flew thru there in December.
Upon clearing Customs in DFW? How far do I need to go to check in my luggage for the PHL leg? Is everything in D or must I go with it over to A/C?

Latest posts