AA CUTS PHL and CLT SERVICE out of STL

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmo_sc

Veteran
Mar 19, 2006
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI-FOX2now.com) - American Airlines is preparing to cut even more service from Lambert St. Louis International Airport. On top of that, a bond rating agency is out with a negative assessment of Lambert's future. Despite that, the airport seems to be weathering the economic storm relatively well. Lambert's largest carrier, American Airlines, is about to get a lot smaller. By November, the airline plans to cut service by twenty-five percent.

Lambert spokesperson Jeff Lea, says, "Our numbers are anywhere from nine to eleven percent drop in passenger traffic and this is consistent with the overall pattern at other airports."

Around Thanksgiving of last year, American had 112 takeoffs a day from Lambert. By next thanksgiving, it'll be down to 83. Non-stop service from St. Louis will be cut to San Diego, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Cedar Rapids, Tulsa, and Springfield, MO.

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI-FOX2now.com) - American Airlines is preparing to cut even more service from Lambert St. Louis International Airport. On top of that, a bond rating agency is out with a negative assessment of Lambert's future. Despite that, the airport seems to be weathering the economic storm relatively well. Lambert's largest carrier, American Airlines, is about to get a lot smaller. By November, the airline plans to cut service by twenty-five percent.

Lambert spokesperson Jeff Lea, says, "Our numbers are anywhere from nine to eleven percent drop in passenger traffic and this is consistent with the overall pattern at other airports."

Around Thanksgiving of last year, American had 112 takeoffs a day from Lambert. By next thanksgiving, it'll be down to 83. Non-stop service from St. Louis will be cut to San Diego, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Cedar Rapids, Tulsa, and Springfield, MO.

Can't say for sure, but USX was already scheduled to add a 6th CLT-STL flight eff. 08/19. Beginning with the 09/08 schedule change, (east) mainline will return to STL when an E190 replaces one of the 6 USX flights.

On a related note, other positive schedule changes effective 09/08 include:

-Mainline replacing one Express flight on each of the following routes: CLT-PWM/SAT and PHX-AUS/FAT/SAT. This will mark the first time in about a dozen years that there will be mainline service between CLT and SAT and the first time ever for CLT-PWM. Let's hope it stays!

-CLT-ATL/IAH will be entirely operated by mainline, 8 and 5 flights, respectively

Once mgmt is absolutely certain that United doesn't want to service these city pairs, then they'll consider servicing these routes with the smallest and most unreliable equipment possible (preferably an express carrier), subject to further downsizing, of course.

Speaking of Express routes going mainline, PHL-MSP is finally going mainline on 2 of it's 4 daily flights. I believe the two mainline flights will be operated with an EMB-190, while the 737's and Airbii only go to PHX/LAS and CLT.

-Kinglobjaw

Speaking of Express routes going mainline, PHL-MSP is finally going mainline on 2 of it's 4 daily flights. I believe the two mainline flights will be operated with an EMB-190, while the 737's and Airbii only go to PHX/LAS and CLT.

-Kinglobjaw

What's with this "Airbii" word?

Are you trying to be clever with the plural of the latin masculine noun?

It's been just over 40 years since I completed my 4 years of the study of latin, and I can still honestly say you are not being clever. You are demonstrating a clear lack of any understanding of latin grammar.

It's been just over 40 years since I completed my 4 years of the study of latin, and I can still honestly say you are not being clever. You are demonstrating a clear lack of any understanding of latin grammar.

The word "Airbii" has been around for many years. Used in many different contexts. Do you get equally offended when someone "axes" you where the "baffroom" is?

The word "Airbii" has been around for many years. Used in many different contexts. Do you get equally offended when someone "axes" you where the "baffroom" is?

Actually, yes.

And using "mute" when one means "moot" (that's a favorite here) drives me crazy. Words have meanings. Although language is a very inadequate means of communication, it's the best we humans have. If we go around making up our own words, and misusing others, then any message suffers and the messenger looks like an idiot to those who know better.

Wow. That was uncalled for. I studied Latin (and Greek) for six years and I wasn't mortally offended by "airbii".

Were you a stern British schoolmaster in another life? Why don't you just take kinglobjaw out to the hallway and thrash him within an inch of his life.

Were you a stern British schoolmaster in another life? Why don't you just take kinglobjaw out to the hallway and thrash him within an inch of his life.

It would never work. Lobjaw wouldn't understand.

"If you don't eat yer meat, You can't have your pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?"

"If you don't eat yer meat, You can't have your pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?"
Those are words Floyd lives by. He is always telling Gloria that the meat is good, but the pudding is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.