Aa Employees

Andre1980

Advanced
Sep 8, 2003
I have an interview in the next two days hopefully as a passenger services agent. I know a great deal about AA, the job as a passenger agent and the commercial aviation industry but how is the interview is going to be structured and what should I expect? Do all interviews at AA go the same way? I don't want to be caught off guard and then lose out on this oppurtunity since I have always wanted to work in commerical aviation VERY BADLY so I am trying to prepare my self! Thanks for reading my message and I am looking forward for your replies about your experiences. TC

this is not unlike AA to hire people off the street in other stations when laying off in another, i speak from experience!

andre1980 i might also add that with the current airline situiation you might wish to check into the likes of southwest, rumor is AA is planning more concessions and layoffs!

Proud, this is so very sad....... At TWA it was quite different, I had friends that when furloughed as f/a's, TWA gave them the apportunity to work as psa's.

Two different cultures! Two different airlines!

Thanks for the responses but I live in Barbados but I would sure love to work for any airline (except Tower Air if they were still flying). I am excited that I am being given this oppurtunity even though AA is not in the best of shape but since I have waited so long for it to happen I want to have a great interview.

local 12 proud said:
andre1980 i might also add that with the current airline situiation you might wish to check into the likes of southwest, rumor is AA is planning more concessions and layoffs!
I agree with local 12, you probably don't want to work for this airline. But, if you get the job you will soon see why American Airlines is known as the Sky NAAzis.

My friend,
You have come to the wrong place looking for advice. Most people on this board are bitter employees or fouloughed employees, and it is a very unhappy place. For the most part it is the same people preaching to the choir.
While I know nothing about the PSA interview. I wish you the best of luck. We probably need a few up beat people around here. I used to fly Chicago- Barbados years ago. Neat place. Good luck.
Dennis

Come in clean cut and dressed well. Pretend like you are meeting your girlfriends dad for the first time and he is a priest or something like that. Be you self. Be relaxed. Answer your questions with the passenger and the company in mind. You want the best out come for both. Sincerity has always worked well for me. Sense of humor (depending on the interviewer) can also be of help.

If it’s a group interview, try and not be the last one to answer. There are only so many ways to answer a question and if you have 5 or 6 other people in your interview and you are the last to answer, saying “ditto†does not carry over to well.

Most important thing I was told by my supervisor was to “ask for the jobâ€. Literally. AA does not assume that just because you are interviewing for a position that you “want the jobâ€. Say something to the effect of “Thank you for letting me interview and I look forward to becoming a part of your team.â€, or something along those lines. What ever feels comfortable for you. But you need to ask for the job.

Don’t pay attention to most of the folks on here. As you have probably observed they are a bitter lot. I have been with AA for close to 20 years now and have had my ups and downs just like anyone else. It has been my experience that the corporate mentality des not vary too much. Your job will be what ever you make it.

Best of luck in your interview and remember

A S K F O R T H E J O B!!!!!!

oldscaler,
Just because I think DFW stands for -Dumb Frigging Ward- does not make me a bitter person. :lol:

Yours,
Up beat furloughed F/A :D

Good luck Andre! :up:

Garfield, that was great advice!............ except for one part, I dont' consider anyone here as being bitter, we just differ in our opinions. :lol: ;)

1980-
Best of luck-I remember my inteview like it was yesterday.......

AA is BIG on being flexible-as the airline biz can be crazy at times at best. Let them know you are aware of that and have the ability to remain profesional under preasure. You are a team player..nothing gets done around here alone.. I am sure your enthusiasm for the industry will shine thu-a plus as you are not just there to collect a paycheck. As mentioned be yourself-remain confident and focoused on the interview-smile-be pleasent-and you will do fine!!

also-enquire about training programs/leadership programs/advancement-ect-
You are willing to be groomed the AA way-you are excited and commited to this airline and carreer
bst of luck-keep us posted-

GOD it is nice to have some enthusiasm and positive vibes for a change :)

oldbscaler said:
My friend,
You have come to the wrong place looking for advice. Most people on this board are bitter employees or fouloughed employees, and it is a very unhappy place. For the most part it is the same people preaching to the choir.
While I know nothing about the PSA interview. I wish you the best of luck. We probably need a few up beat people around here. I used to fly Chicago- Barbados years ago. Neat place. Good luck.
Dennis
If any AA employees are bitter on this page it is courtesy of AA management.A manager or management team creates an enviornment for people to work in and has an effect on the attitudes.This is why a baseball team fires the manager and not the team.AA has the employee attitudes that it deserves.

goingboeing said:
oldbscaler said:
My friend,
Dennis
If any AA employees are bitter on this page it is courtesy of AA management.A manager or management team creates an enviornment for people to work in and has an effect on the attitudes.This is why a baseball team fires the manager and not the team.AA has the employee attitudes that it deserves.
Yea, that must be it. It is always the managements fault. Employees never share any responsibility in their destiny. We are after all just mindless drones doing as we are told.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Garfield1966 said:
goingboeing said:
oldbscaler said:
My friend,
Dennis
Yea, that must be it. It is always the managements fault. Employees never share any responsibility in their destiny. We are after all just mindless drones doing as we are told.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!
Thanks garfield for saying what I was thinking. B)