AA jumpseater on 1549 tells her story

Though you and I disagree on some things, I agree completely on this Eye. Saw it on either FT or the AA forum. I thought USAPA including the J/S riders as though they were part of the crew was an especially nice gesture.

Jim

Though you and I disagree on some things, I agree completely on this Eye. Saw it on either FT or the AA forum. I thought USAPA including the J/S riders as though they were part of the crew was an especially nice gesture.

Jim

She also states that the Company is treating her well, as if she was a paying passenger. Credit where credit is due.

At the risk of sounding repetitive, I don't think US Airways could have handled this situation any better. When they do it right I give :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

When they don't :down: :down: :down: :down:

I agree 100%. If there is one area where US has proven its high class, it is in the handling of Flight 1549. I cannot recall hearing or reading anything which would lead me to think otherwise. A huge round of applause for all US employees who have contributed to this effort.

She also states that the Company is treating her well, as if she was a paying passenger. Credit where credit is due.

Piney,

Not to take anything away from the company's handling of the entire situation, but the company has some obligation to all passengers. It shouldn't matter whether they paid for a FC ticket, a heavily discounted coach ticket, are on an award ticket, are on a non-rev pass, or are jumpseaters.

The union, on the other hand, only has an obligation to look out for those it represents - US pilots in the case of USAPA. That USAPA went above and beyond their obligation and looked out for the two jumpseat pilots is reason to give them extra kudos.

Jim

Piney,

Not to take anything away from the company's handling of the entire situation, but the company has some obligation to all passengers. It shouldn't matter whether they paid for a FC ticket, a heavily discounted coach ticket, are on an award ticket, are on a non-rev pass, or are jumpseaters.

The union, on the other hand, only has an obligation to look out for those it represents - US pilots in the case of USAPA. That USAPA went above and beyond their obligation and looked out for the two jumpseat pilots is reason to give them extra kudos.

Jim

Thanks for the good words Jim. USAPA has some faults, but a lot of good guys worked hard on this.

I have friends at American who have made a point of calling me and letting me know that they are very appreciative of how their pilot was treated throughout the entire series of events. It is so gratifying to get a compliment for a change and I thank those at American for taking the time to do so.

To the crew of 1549, thank you again for personifying the Old US Airways credo that "Airline takes care of Airline."

Latest posts