Aa Management Wasting More Money

wrx

Senior
Sep 19, 2003
This just really got my blood boiling. How dare AA managemtn do this, when we have thousands of people out of work. Shame on AMR!

This is John Ward, APFA President, with a hotline message for Friday, October 10.

American Airlines Managers were in Dallas this week for their Fall Management Conference. The Company announced via Jet Net and Jetwire that it had invited representatives from APFA, TWU and APA to attend. I declined the invitation due to the fact that I object to the Company spending money-our money-for such an event. I cannot justify the expense of the Company putting up everyone at a "five star" hotel. I cannot justify the expense of ferrying Super-80s around the system to accommodate managers who might have experienced difficulty getting to Dallas. For example, for three days this week, American sent Super 80s to Tulsa to pick up Management personnel and deliver them back home the next day. In case they got hungry on that long flight back to Tulsa, the Company catered the aircraft with meals and staffed the flights with four flight attendants! When is the last time you've served a meal between DFW and Tulsa? And when's the last time you've ever had an "extra" on a Bistro flight? And finally, we've calculated their "layover" between the first and second day's meetings was about 14 hours and the Company provided a dinner reception for the group after working a whole four hours the first day.

Flagrant missteps such as these are simply confirmation that my instincts in regards to these Management Conferences were correct. If the Company truly expects to turn things around with the "Turnaround Plan", then it better eliminate the remaining elements of the old way of doing business. "Do as I say and not as I do" isn't going to cut it anymore.

Please stay on the line for information on the December 2 recall of 390 flight attendants and other news from this week. Thank you for calling.

wrx,

I'm a bit confused...are you recalling JW or quoting him?

I have to check N*Codes in RES but there are very few levels of MGMT who do not travel Positive Space. I believe it might be levels 2-5.

We're feeding them? What a crock! If I was a passenger I would be super-p*ssed. There is an EXTRA F/A? What is an extra F/A? Let's see, the Turnaround Plan is not very different from Business As Usual/AMR.

I think JW might be playing hardball to avoid going back to the line (and reap all of THOSE benefits). Guess there are not as many alternatives as there were when Denise was in office.

Coop

80's to Tulsa? What a shock. Did your 'research' reveal the same tail number bringing management out? Or did you overlook the fact that TUL is a maintenance base and just maybe they killed two birds with one stone by rotating an aircraft into TUL for maintenance while bringing management to and from this conference.

You're right, we should have had them fly Southwest and stay at Motel Six.:rolleyes:

Whats wrong, were the F/A's upset they couldn't hide in the galley and gripe about every last thing under the sun? :blink:

I've been flying a lot lately and the F/A's I've come across really need to learn to shut their mouths when passengers are within earshot .

As an employee I was embarassed to hear the non stop bitchfest and hear the reactions from the passengers.

Coming off a flight at LGA the other night I was behind a middle aged couple who were still talking about the pair of "Harpies" and their "whining".

They also said they were going back to Delta,the price of the ticket wasn't worth the attitude treatment.

flydcoop said:
I'm a bit confused...are you recalling JW or quoting him?
I'm one of the f/a's trying to recall him. I just copied the APFA hotline of the website.

LGA Fleet Service said:
They also said they were going back to Delta,the price of the ticket wasn't worth the attitude treatment.
Hey, if that's what it takes to show management that we're sick of their crap then so be it. Maybe they will finally realize they can't treat us like yesturday's trash!

LGA Fleet Service said:
As an employee I was embarassed to hear the non stop bitchfest and hear the reactions from the passengers.

Coming off a flight at LGA the other night I was behind a middle aged couple who were still talking about the pair of "Harpies" and their "whining".

I recently flew a DL flight and I have one thing to say. AA FA's, pat yourselfs on the back! You all are really really good! The DL FA's just did not compare. And their uniforms were horrible. They looked like Denny's waitstaff uniforms! Really Cheap! But I have to add this. Please keep your big traps SHUT when your working! I too have experienced this complaining and its NOT pretty!!!