AA Mechanics: Wouldn''t it be Nice?

RV4

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Wouldn't it be nice if we were a seperate group in our own union so that we could identify our needed contribution to financial recovery?
I am sick of being considered:
Mechanics and Ground Workers
TWU Represented Employees
How does it make you feel?
Pilots
Flight Attendants
Mechanics and Ground Workers
What about:
Pilots
Flight Attendants
Mechanics
Gorund Workers
Majority Rule and we are not even sure what our needed contribution to this survival request really is going to be!!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/4/2003 9:26:19 PM LGA Fleet Service wrote:

Wouldn't it be nice if how to address the maintenance technicians in press releases was the biggest issue facing American Airlines at the moment?

----------------
[/blockquote]

I missed your point. Come again?

Try this perspective:

Members:
35,000 TWU Represented Mechanics and Ground Workers.

Budget Request:
$620 million from mechanics and ground workers

$620,000,000.00 Divide by 35,000 members = $17,714.00 per member AAnually

How do we get there?

How about 10% Paycut, 25% Layoff (Medical Savings), Loss of paid Vacation Week, Loss of A paid Holiday or Two, and Outsource of more work? And this might now even get you there.

Those that are lucky enough to be left, work more hours O.T. and make up the loss of pay.

I've got mine brother - Majority Rule

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/5/2003 5:15:00 AM RV4 wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/4/2003 9:26:19 PM LGA Fleet Service wrote:

Wouldn't it be nice if how to address the maintenance technicians in press releases was the biggest issue facing American Airlines at the moment?

----------------
[/blockquote]

I missed your point. Come again?
----------------
[/blockquote]

YOu really missed his point? I thought it was very clear.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/5/2003 5:03:55 PM RV4 wrote:

And the non-union company advocate registers another view.

BRAVO
----------------
[/blockquote]

Just advocating that your employer stays in business. IF you missed the point of "if that were AA's biggest problem" reference, let me explain it to you....Without AA, it doesn't matter WHAT union represents the mechanics.

[blockquote]----------------On 2/6/2003 1:49:08 AM rampguy wrote: Maybe the AMT's will want their own union without any welders in it.----------------[/blockquote]
Actually having all aircraft maintenance CC have an A&P should be a requirement, if we are going to get picky.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/6/2003 2:03:50 AM j7915 wrote:

[blockquote]----------------On 2/6/2003 1:49:08 AM rampguy wrote: Maybe the AMT's will want their own union without any welders in it.----------------[/blockquote]
Actually having all aircraft maintenance CC have an A&P should be a requirement, if we are going to get picky.
----------------
[/blockquote]

And who negotiated the current non-restriction which you now seek to change?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/6/2003 1:49:08 AM rampguy wrote:

Maybe the AMT's will want their own union without any welders in it.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Yeah, some do, but the Natioanal Mediation Board wont allow it.

[blockquote]
----------------
Actually having all aircraft maintenance CC have an A&P should be a requirement, if we are going to get picky
----------------
[/blockquote]
J7915:

So this is to advocate the SRP/OSM classification. Just have the CC have the A&P licenses and that way they can sign for the unlicensed mechanics.

Let's wait until MCI and AFW are shut down and over 1000 AMFA supporters show up in Tulsa.

Then, the big picture will be seen by all.

[blockquote]----------------On 2/6/2003 4:06:27 PM RV4 wrote: Let's wait until MCI and AFW are shut down and over 1000 AMFA supporters show up in Tulsa.

Then, the big picture will be seen by all.----------------[/blockquote]

If the contract holds it looks like no one at MCI has more seniority than I have on transfering out , and I doubt if there are too many in AFW either. Whoppee and with that I can get a cup of cafe,

However watching the track record of AMFA at NWA and the general opinion of AMFA-supporting-line mechanics, there won't be a problem with AMFA. The line mechanics won't back up Overhaul. We may all be working for some derivate of AMR overhaul, new contract, maybe none, with RTW and Dubya, not to mention Carty is a Bush(GOP) Pioneer.

So far AMFA has had a poor track record in organizing free standing overhaul operations.