Aa Orlando Service To Lga

JCG

Jun 22, 2005
I usually take AA1832 from MCO to LGA every other week. About a month ago AA changed the times of the flight from 701pm to 731pm. I was on the 1st flight that was changed and many passengers in 1st class were upset that no food service was offered (not even a snack). One of the flight attendants stated that if a flight leaves after 730pm and is less then 3 hours food service is not offered. Needless to say that made the 1st class passenger get even more upset.
That flight now leaves at 730pm.
I feel that AA has done this for the simple reason of cutting costs, by not having to provide food for the 1st class passengers.
I usually buy nonref tickets to and from and get upgraded with my Platinum status, so I really can't complain, but if I were a full fare paying passenger, and paid anywhere from 500.00 to 600.00 for a F class seat, I'd be pretty upset too and probably start shifting my business over to Continental.
I'm curious as to the opinion of others over this...
Regards,
JCG

Personally, I agree with your position. For F/C passengers, I think there should be a food service until (at least) 9pm departures. Even if it's just the roast beef sandwich or the pizza.

The way to get this changed is for F/C passengers--particularly those of you who are Platinum and Exec Platinum--to bombard the company with complaints on this issue. The company is a lot more responsive to the passengers than they are to the flight attendants.

1. Go to www.aa.com
2. At the top of the home page, click on Contact AA.
3. On that page, click on Customer Relations over on the left hand side.
4. On that page is a hot button which says, email Customer Relations.
5. Click on that and have at it.

Of course, there shouldn't have to be a 5 step process (technically 7 because you have to 6. Write your email and 7. Click on Send :lol: ), but that's a battle for another day.

JCG said:
I'm curious as to the opinion of others over this...
Regards,
JCG
[post="278238"][/post]​

JCG, I agree with you completely. I am an Exec. Plat and cutting out food steams me. I would even pay extra $$ for a proper meal when in F on domestic flights, not that I should have to. Penny-pinching moves like this are ridiculous.

BTW, have you discovered www.flyertalk.com ? There you will find loads of frequent flyers, and your view is shared by the vast majority of regular AA posters there.

A truly stupid move was to reduce the price of upgrade stickers when AA made upgrades complimentary for EXPs. Not long after that, the meal reductions really took off.

FWAAA said:
A truly stupid move was to reduce the price of upgrade stickers when AA made upgrades complimentary for EXPs. Not long after that, the meal reductions really took off.
[post="278242"][/post]​

Comp upgrades is no excuse for not offering food in F/C. If you are Platinum, you have already paid for that meal.

I agree...AA is having to rob Peter to pay Paul EVERYWHERE these days
there is no such thing as an "enhancement" anymore as it is just shifted monies and resources...you can bet elsewhere someone is doing without..