AA Partners with Mastercard for PayPass Wallet

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
http://www.multivu.com/mnr/55963-mastercard-simplifies-shopping-with-launch-of-paypass-wallet-services

MasterCard today announced PayPass Wallet Services, a new global offering for banks, merchants and partners that will make it faster and easier for their customers to make purchases in stores or online by allowing them to securely pay with a simple click of the mouse, touch of the tablet screen or tap of the smartphone.

<snip>
American Airlines and Barnes & Noble will be among the first merchant partners to incorporate the PayPass Online checkout button on their websites, and American will integrate PayPass Wallet into its mobile application.

"Consumers are looking to pay for goods when, how and where they choose. Merchants want flexibility to easily accept digital payments so they can convert more browsers to buyers both online and in store," said Ed McLaughlin, chief emerging payments officer, MasterCard. "We realize that when it comes to payments, no single wallet will rule them all. PayPass Wallet Services simplifies the shopping experience while providing flexibility and choice to merchants, banks and consumers."

<snip>

"At American Airlines, we're passionate about giving our customers more flexibility and functionality on their mobile devices," said Richard Elieson, managing director, Interactive Marketing at American Airlines. "By integrating PayPass into our mobile app, payment transactions become fast and easy and provide the security you would expect from a brand like MasterCard."

I know it pales in comparison to the union topic of the year, but this is probably a good step forward with regard to secure payments.

http://www.multivu.com/mnr/55963-mastercard-simplifies-shopping-with-launch-of-paypass-wallet-services

I know it pales in comparison to the union topic of the year, but this is probably a good step forward with regard to secure payments.

Yes Eric, I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Sprint) about a week ago. It came with Google Wallet, which is also a NFC based device.