AA posts pictures of the 777-300ER interior

IORFA

Veteran
Feb 7, 2003
AA.com has pictures of what the interior of the 777-300ER seats will look like along with the snack and drink bar. I can't get the pictures to post on here. Maybe someone else can figure it out. Looks good though. Also the business class looks less crowded and like a mini version on F/C. Anyone know who's seats these resemble? I kind of like the new F/C suite as well. Looks nicer with the wood finishes and new seat colors. JMHO. AA now says London and Sao Paulo will be the first 2 markets to see the 777-300ER!

Actually just read another Press Release and DFW-GRU will get the 777-300ER first starting in DEC 2012. With increases to Latin America also announced. Nice to see the plane is starting to be included into the schedule.

Someone just posted on Flyertalk that Economy would be configured 3-4-3 (ten across!) and that Economy Plus (or whatever it's called) would be 3-3-3. Neither of those is good news, but the fully-flat biz and improved Flagship Suites look great.

2-5-2 is clearly preferred in Economy, as it means just 1 out of 9 economy passengers has to climb past two passengers to get to an aisle. In 3-3-3, it's two out of every nine (twice as many) and the undesirability of 3-4-3 goes without saying. 2-5-2 is great for pairs (which is how a lot of people travel) and good for solos. 3-3-3 sucks for couples and for solos.

img_first_class_suite.jpg

Very happy to see they kept the swivel chair and the desk.

Very nice! The business class herring bone layout is exactly the same as US has installed on the A330s' (except in blue).

Very nice! The business class herring bone layout is exactly the same as US has installed on the A330s' (except in blue).
Actually roomier - US uses a 1x2x1 layout on the A330 while AA is same 1x2x1 is on the wider 777.

Jim

I worked in a 777 stall at Everett for about a month on an Emirates aircraft. Was very impressed with how nice those "trip 7s" were-esp FC accommodations.Wow!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43925643

I watched this show about the 787, the CEO of United said something to the effect that, we can make it as nice as possible inside this airplane, but if our pax don't get good customer service it's going to be a bad experience for the pax.

A successful company has happy employees, which means happy costumers. That is some free advice for the AA executives.

Another website surmises that it will either be or be very similar to 8F/52C/30W/220Y. Also they are all saying it will be 10 across in Y and 9 across in W. I hope they are wrong about Y, probably not to get to that seat count though. I also hope that the 30 W seats get different food or at least better trays with more food and maybe free liquor. I know beer and wine are free, before someone says it. They are also saying that Y will be 3x4x3 and that the W seats will be 3x3x3. Have they said where the bunks will be? I assume the pilots will be in the crown in the front, F/A's in the ceiling over the galley? I assume they will not take any floor space.

These seats look like minature / updated version of the 777 First class seats......meaning they will have to update those seats to justify the almost double and sometimes triple premium they charge for them. Either way, as someone flying 250k actual flown miles / year to Asia, this is VERY exciting news.........problem is may never see this plane on the Asian routes:(

Cheers,
777 / 767 / Love

Actually roomier - US uses a 1x2x1 layout on the A330 while AA is same 1x2x1 is on the wider 777.

Jim

If you check out the Cathy Pacific site, you will see AA and CP new business class seats are almost identical, accept for AA's seat swivels, a great feature that few airlines choose to go with. CP says they will be putting the seats in their NEW, not current, 777-300s and 330's.

Wish AA would place these seats into all of the 777s-----I know an interrior redo would not be cheap, but I'd be willing to be 10% more on a ticket to get this seat for all the traveling I do on AA.

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757 Love

If you check out the Cathy Pacific site, you will see AA and CP new business class seats are almost identical, accept for AA's seat swivels, a great feature that few airlines choose to go with. CP says they will be putting the seats in their NEW, not current, 777-300s and 330's.

I don't think the new AA business class seats will swivel. The AA F suites swivel, and that feature is continued on these updated suites.

Latest posts