AA selects GE GEnx-1B 74/75 engines for 787s

Status
Not open for further replies.

FWAAA

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
I would have guessed that AA would select the new Rolls Royce Trent 787 engine.

Regarding fleet renewal, American selected GE's GEnx-1B 74/75 engine for American's future 787 deliveries.

American also announced it has selected GE Aviation as the provider of engines for its expected order of Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners. American previously announced plans to acquire 42 787-9s with the right to acquire 58 additional 787s, which Boeing estimates are 20 percent more fuel efficient than the widebodies they would replace. In addition to supporting widebody replacement, the 787s are expected to support the growth American expects in the future from its planned Joint Business with British Airways and Iberia.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/AMR-Corporat...ml?x=0&.v=1

According to the G.E. Rep on the property the overhaul repairs for these engines will not be released to any customer unless either in a joint venture with G.E. or a signed contract to pay royalties for third party work using the repair processes.

I am sure the TWU will be right on top of this one though so fear not Power Plant AMT's.

According to the G.E. Rep on the property the overhaul repairs for these engines will not be released to any customer unless either in a joint venture with G.E. or a signed contract to pay royalties for third party work using the repair processes.

I am sure the TWU will be right on top of this one though so fear not Power Plant AMT's.

Perhaps part of the deal involves GE becoming a partner in TAESL?...

Since I used to work for GE, I bet they will want to do the repair and overhauls themselves in one of their shops overseas, such as Whales, Scotland, Brazil or China.

Since I used to work for GE, I bet they will want to do the repair and overhauls themselves in one of their shops overseas, such as Whales, Scotland, Brazil or China.

That would fit in rather nicely with what many believe the frat boys are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.