Aa Stock

F/Oaa

Jul 12, 2003
let me Guess!
What will AA stock price be when 4/17/2004 comes around?
And will it have anything to do with when we can start cashing in our Blood money.
Thank God I have a new job now, but this is my only connection to AA and of course the stock price will be down.
Don't think I will hold on to it either, you never know what will happen in the CRAZY airline business.

Just remember, currently the market prices is about 10.82 - if you were to exercise today, you'd have to pay 5.00 per share (lowering stock value to 5.82) on top of that you must cough up AA's Broker's fee (About 12% on anything under 1000 shares for a buy, and another 12% for the sell - they don't have to compete at a lower price, you CAN'T go anywhere else) plus taxes on the sale and then there is the earnings (it immediately becomes "income" to the employee at FULL market value).

Synopsis - at the current rate, you'll end up "owing" almost twice what you paid for it at five bucks.

That stock has to hit 30 bucks a share before you'll make anything off of it, and it certainly won't come close to what you gave up in the wage concessions.

They threw the employees a bone, let's see how many bite . . . .then get bit!

The "Brokers Fee" is only a couple bucks. Not really a factor as I watch the stock price plummet.

AAmech said:
The "Brokers Fee" is only a couple bucks. Not really a factor as I watch the stock price plummet.
Do you mean that we are not going to make back the $120,000 in wages and benifits we gave back through the wonderful deal that the TWU got us?

Thomas Paine said:
Do you mean that we are not going to make back the $120,000 in wages and benifits we gave back through the wonderful deal that the TWU got us?
That was never the intent. If there was even a slim chance of that happening, AMR would never have ponied up the stock "incentive" plan! :lol: