AA Terminating 777 Leases

AMFAMAN

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
FURPVILLE
Found the DFW Fiscal Year 08 Budget while I was looking for the Delta hangar lease that AA signed. Couldn't find what I was looking for, but I did find this interesting. Nice how they are showing the doom and gloom, followed the boom after we screw the workers over, not to mention the 777 leases being terminated.

http://www.dallascityhall.com/council_brie...Budget_Book.pdf
page 14

Management projects that aircraft operations, landed weights and passengers will decrease
1.6%, 1.8%, and 1.5%, respectively in FY 2008 as compared to FY 2007 Budget. In addition to
the decrease in operations, landing fees are projected to decrease because American Airlines
(AA) plans to terminate some of its Boeing 777 aircraft leases and replace them with smaller
planes.
Passengers are projected to decrease due to a softening of the travel market beginning
this summer. The business outlook for the next 12 to 18 months is somewhat cautious due
primarily to high fuel costs and AA’s upcoming pilot labor negotiations, but once negotiations
are complete, management expects AA to begin to grow their business at their primary
domestic hub, DFW
; especially if DFW can provide a low cost structure.

Found the DFW Fiscal Year 08 Budget while I was looking for the Delta hangar lease that AA signed. Couldn't find what I was looking for, but I did find this interesting. Nice how they are showing the doom and gloom, followed the boom after we screw the workers over, not to mention the 777 leases being terminated.

http://www.dallascityhall.com/council_brie...Budget_Book.pdf
page 14

More disinformation and expectation manipulation by the management goons. This is entirely predictable. Expect more and more. Believe NOTHING that they say and NOTHING that they print and you'll get closer to the truth.

With the new service to China and possibly more flights to LHR, losing a 777 or two means EZE or GRU will be moving back down to a 767. Sad thing to see happen.

Yup, but you know what, this is nothing more than a ploy by mgmt., What is the reason for terminating the leases, We know this all to well, we saw honolulu - osaka canned to make room for new china service at SFO.. This is just one of many changes that i am sure you will see though...

Has anybody here ever bothered to think this is a typo? Of course not, most AA employees are too bitter and greedy and want to think of everything in a negative light and want to think of ridiculous conspiracy theories as to why AA is "out to get them."

No 777s are going anywhere. It's a typo for 757s.

In fact, AA might speed up delivery of two to get them in time for ORD-PEK.

And considering that Miami-Buenos Aires is the single most profitable flight in the AA network, and day after day consistently has the highest average F fares, the 777 isn't leaving that route anytime soon.

Has anybody here ever bothered to think this is a typo? Of course not, AA employees are too bitter and greedy and want to think of everything in a negative light.

No 777s are going anywhere.

In fact, AA might speed up delivery of two to get them in time for ORD-PEK.

And considering that Miami-Buenos Aires is the single most profitable flight in the AA network, and day after day consistently has the highest average F fares, the 777 isn't leaving that route anytime soon.

LOL, what, the whole thing is a typo??? Its not like its a one word Typo.. Don't ever be so sure of anything until it is set in stone... You will only be dissapointed..

LOL, what, the whole thing is a typo??? Its not like its a one word Typo.. Don't ever be so sure of anything until it is set in stone... You will only be dissapointed..

Um, yes, it is a one-word typo. Replace 777 with 757 and it still makes perfect sense. I'm sure of it because I know that there are no plans to have any 777s returned in 2008. The quote is referring to AA having returned the ex-TWA 757s.

Do you guys really have so little faith in AA that you think such a major news story would be "leaked" in a DFW financial report? Give me a break. Have more confidence in the company you work for or go work for somebody else. It's pathetic.

Um, yes, it is a one-word typo. Replace 777 with 757 and it still makes perfect sense. I'm sure of it because I know that there are no plans to have any 777s returned in 2008. The quote is referring to AA having returned the ex-TWA 757s.

Do you guys really have so little faith in AA that you think such a major news story would be "leaked" in a DFW financial report? Give me a break. Have more confidence in the company you work for or go work for somebody else. It's pathetic.
More than likely it is a typo about the 777 part, but I'm more concerned about the later part of the comment. They are cautious about fuel cost and pilot labor negotiations, but expect to grow once negotiations are complete. Do they expect to get a savings big enough to to no longer be cautious about fuel costs?

"The business outlook for the next 12 to 18 months is somewhat cautious due
primarily to high fuel costs and AA’s upcoming pilot labor negotiations, but once negotiations
are complete, management expects AA to begin to grow their business at their primary
domestic hub, DFW;
especially if DFW can provide a low cost structure."

More than likely it is a typo about the 777 part, but I'm more concerned about the later part of the comment. They are cautious about fuel cost and pilot labor negotiations, but expect to grow once negotiations are complete. Do they expect to get a savings big enough to to no longer be cautious about fuel costs?

I think it is a combination of wanting to get costs down to be able to succede at high fuel prices (which is something that, obviously, not just AA will have to do), and partly that they are optimistic that fuel prices will be going down again 18-24 months (which I, personally, think will happen).

I think it is a combination of wanting to get costs down to be able to succede at high fuel prices (which is something that, obviously, not just AA will have to do), and partly that they are optimistic that fuel prices will be going down again 18-24 months (which I, personally, think will happen).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MAH4546,

I'm with you !!!!

This is NOTHING NEW, for AA to be announcing that it's going on the "Jenny Craig" plan DOMESTICALLY for 2008.

It makes PERFECT sense to me(and MARK) :up: :up: :up:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MAH4546,

I'm with you !!!!

This is NOTHING NEW, for AA to be announcing that it's going on the "Jenny Craig" plan DOMESTICALLY for 2008.

It makes PERFECT sense to me(and MARK) :up: :up: :up:

I bet they put the employees on a crash diet too, with a big fat chop in pay... Otherwise, I don't see how they can lower costs dramatically since wages are one of two of the highest costs... I can't wait for these negotiations to get heated... I think theres going to be some shock to see the faces on the emplyees when they are asked for more cuts..

I bet they put the employees on a crash diet too, with a big fat chop in pay... Otherwise, I don't see how they can lower costs dramatically since wages are one of two of the highest costs... I can't wait for these negotiations to get heated... I think theres going to be some shock to see the faces on the emplyees when they are asked for more cuts..
Good luck getting them... After the big bonuses that they took, nobody is going to give a cent. Thats why in 2003 they took everything they could under the threat of BK...... The employees here at AA are done giving....

Good luck getting them... After the big bonuses that they took, nobody is going to give a cent. Thats why in 2003 they took everything they could under the threat of BK...... The employees here at AA are done giving....

Well, that is where the employees of AA was "mentally challenged"... Thats all they have to do is threaten you and you bend over??? It doesn't take a professional poker player to see which card they will play this time.. I bet if they tell you they are going to throw your retirement under the bus, you will bend over again, and with a smile on your face... You see, you should have told them to eat worms the first time around, you are ultimately digging your own grave... We will see what you get "back" this time... i would bet... Nothing at most.

Don't feed the troll....

Maark, the employees are not done giving by any means. Bankruptcy won't be a threat this time -- it will probably happen, and my guess is the employees will probably have once chance to come to a consensual agreement before AMR files for arbrogation of the contracts.

"The business outlook for the next 12 to 18 months is somewhat cautious due
domestic hub, DFW;
especially if DFW can provide a low cost structure."

Y'all realize that the word "management" in this DFW budget refers to DFW management, right?

Who gives a rat's ass what DFW's management expects AA to do?

Now if you'd found something that quoted AA management, you'd be onto something.

Thinking that AA is downsizing the 777 fleet is just silly. Not even worthy of an airwhiners.net post, let alone a site like this one.