AA traffic results: load factor falls, RASM disappoints

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldTraveler

Corn Field
Dec 5, 2003
AA just released their July traffic results which show that AA's load factor in every global region is down (with domestic only slightly) based on added capacity from 1.8% (domestic) to 15.7% (Pacific).

Further, AA's RASM expectations show that AA's RASM will trail other carriers that have reported monthly RASM or provided RASM expectations for the quarter.

Domestic continues to be the strongest region for the industry as evidenced by domestic low cost carrier RASM strength.

Concerns about overcapacity in int'l markets appear to be real; all of the big 3 showed weakness in some area of their int'l networks.

It appears that AA in July added the most int'l capacity among US airlines.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-airlines-group-reports-july-120000840.html

and once again it is clear that there are people who cannot accept hearing factually based information which has been provided by their own company and putting it alongside the same information from other airlines using their own factual information without voting down my posts.

I will continue to be a frequent participant on this forum and in providing every nitpicking piece of data I can find if people can't learn to participate in this forum without tearing someone else down.

WorldTraveler said:
and once again it is clear that there are people who cannot accept hearing factually based information which has been provided by their own company and putting it alongside the same information from other airlines using their own factual information without voting down my posts.

I will continue to be a frequent participant on this forum and in providing every nitpicking piece of data I can find if people can't learn to participate in this forum without tearing someone else down.
Is that crocodile tears I see....

Reactions: 9 people
the foot stomping is from those who can't accept that not all news is sunny side up.

Someone posted that AAL stock is down 19% in a month.

the industry as a whole is facing pullbacks along with the overall market.

But AAL's runup was based on expectations that AA would post results that exceeded the industry.

This press release shows that AA's traffic and RASM performance is no better and perhaps worse than its peers.

Also, UA stock has had a resurgence based on Wall Street's view that they are turning things around. Money flows from one company in an industry to another.

WorldTraveler said:
And that,  in a nutshell, is why your posts are not warmly received.   That and the outrageous things you posted during your recent meltdown (you know, the ones the moderators deleted?).   

It's not the data or information, it's the psycho posting them.   

Reactions: 20 people
WorldTraveler said:
AA just released their July traffic results which show that AA's load factor in every global region is down (with domestic only slightly) based on added capacity from 1.8% (domestic) to 15.7% (Pacific).

Further, AA's RASM expectations show that AA's RASM will trail other carriers that have reported monthly RASM or provided RASM expectations for the quarter.

Domestic continues to be the strongest region for the industry as evidenced by domestic low cost carrier RASM strength.

Concerns about overcapacity in int'l markets appear to be real; all of the big 3 showed weakness in some area of their int'l networks.

It appears that AA in July added the most int'l capacity among US airlines.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-airlines-group-reports-july-120000840.html

Wait a minute - did I see the pacific region way up in RASM - it can't be

Only DL can do that

Interesting others viewed this as positive results

http://www.bidnessetc.com/23894-airlines-fly-in-the-negative-despite-rise-in-american-airlines-july-traffic/

Reactions: 2 people
jcw  you have to remember this...  whats good for DL is never ever good for any other airline.    regardless of what WT says  anything any airline does is not good and he feels only DL is the only airline that does all the good  and no wrongs...

Reactions: 1 person
what you dont understand is that most of us dont give a shi* what analysis say and or do. the same way most us donrt give a **** what the company does . what nobody like is a pompous dweeb that thinks he knows it all

Reactions: 3 people
dfw gen said:
what you dont understand is that most of us dont give a shi* what analysis say and or do. the same way most us donrt give a #### what the company does . what nobody like is a pompous dweeb that thinks he knows it all
Besides that, we all can read the news on the internet. Maybe WT is just trying to have the most posts on the entire forum.

Reactions: 2 people
And that,  in a nutshell, is why your posts are not warmly received.   That and the outrageous things you posted during your recent meltdown (you know, the ones the moderators deleted?).   

It's not the data or information, it's the psycho posting them.
it's always someone else that sends you over the edge, right?

who else starts threads to tell the truth about AA's financial results and you and a whole lot of other ppl don't like it

Wait a minute - did I see the pacific region way up in RASM - it can't be

Only DL can do that

Interesting others viewed this as positive results

http://www.bidnessetc.com/23894-airlines-fly-in-the-negative-despite-rise-in-american-airlines-july-traffic/
nope
AA and other carriers don't release RASM by region on a monthly basis

AA traffic was up but not by as much as capacity was added

read the article. it exactly says it...surprise just what I said

AA is adding capacity faster than the market can absorb it

that's not necessary.... either the comment or your suggestion.

AA's pullback in int'l markets during the winter shows that they recognize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.