Aa Vs Twa

crew4aa

Apr 23, 2003
I feel that I will take some heat for this, but I have never shied away from controversy. As a 5 1/2 year AA flight attendant, I stand to lose more than the next guy, but I sincerely wish that all AA flight attendants would just unify and get along.

I truly believe that the TWA vs. AA must go away. We are all AA flight attendants and the best chance we have is to unite and fight together to insure the future is bright for all of us. I have to take my hat off the TWA flight attendants they are fighters and I think all of us at AA can learn a thing or two from them. Yes we had (i emphasize HAD) a good contract but it certainly wasn't conceived on Mt. Sinai on Marble Slabs.

I firmly believe that we need some of their blood and ideas in the APFA to make AA a better airline to work for and ensure that ALL of us have jobs. IF THB becomes our next president, I hope she has the forsight to offer position to Former TWA flight Attendants. I feel it is the best way to start the healing process.

Yes there have been bad blood on all sides, but we all need to take the high road and ensure a bright future. I for one look forward to working the aisle with TWA flight Attendants

Thanks Crew,
You're correct. It takes alot of courage to post what you wrote. And from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
When I return, I hope I have the honor to work with you too.
Fly safe!

I will even add this, when I chose to transfer to SLT to ease my commuting woes. I was myself a wee bit concerned how I would be received. I have to admit that everyone there has been nice and welcoming and I have formed many lasting friendships there.

The former TWA pilots are in most cases nicer than the AA pilots, the FSM's (most whom are TWA) are equally as nice. The Base Manager is totally awesome and I would walk on water for her. In fact I wish she was the VP of Flight Service.

All in all it is a great base (flying could be better) but all in all it is a nice to place to come to work. My gut feeling that this is more typical than not.

There's been plenty of bad behavior on BOTH sides, no need to re-visit that. I would like to think there's also plenty of good behavior on BOTH sides, enough to encourage everyone look past the negative rantings of a small (but very vocal) group of firebrands.

crew4aa said:
I will even add this, when I chose to transfer to SLT to ease my commuting woes. I was myself a wee bit concerned how I would be received. I have to admit that everyone there has been nice and welcoming and I have formed many lasting friendships there.

The former TWA pilots are in most cases nicer than the AA pilots, the FSM's (most whom are TWA) are equally as nice. The Base Manager is totally awesome and I would walk on water for her. In fact I wish she was the VP of Flight Service.

All in all it is a great base (flying could be better) but all in all it is a nice to place to come to work. My gut feeling that this is more typical than not.
[post="167737"][/post]​

I didn't choose to come to STL/SLT but I've had the same experience.

I would totally walk on water for Peggy!

If only AA realized this, they could cure much of their management dilemmas.

Lauri Curtis, are you paying attention?

Coop

Thank you Crew4aa,
I hope to fly with people like you one day. You sound like a class act.

I agree wholeheartedly. We do need an infusion of the TWA culture at AA. I too am looking forward to working with y'all.
In reply to Lauri Curtis are you listening, I think Lauri was a warm body to fill a position. She does not have much of a say in anything. Maybe Peggy could fill her spot when she leaves.

Its going to be a bit awkward at first for both. There will always be those outstanding issues regardless of who ultimately prevails through the courts. But like Transcarib, Aircal, and Reno the people all brought something unique in with them.

One obvious thing is, that they are committed to being informed and involved. Even being on furlough. Just look at the last two ballots. Compare STL to any other base and run the numbers of percentage voting. They will over a short period of time make up a strong voice and many positions at local bases, but also on the BOD and in national officer positions. That will be a good thing seeing what apathetic AAer's have allowed transpire over the last 4 years.

I can say the few people I have met from old TWA have been great. I do look forward to flying with them. Lets hope the last furloughee, is back sooner rather than later.

PS if you win in the courts. Miami sucks you would hate it here! I hear Chicago is the place to be.

PPS If you do not prevail in the courts, come to Miami its great! You would love it here.

FA Mikey said:
Oh and thank you for putting that song in my head......... AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
[post="167833"][/post]​

I've been singing U2s "Beautiful Day" all morning. I wonder what Ward is singing from underneath that desk.

Probably he is singing:

"There coming to take me away...ha, ha, ho ho..."

However that songs goes!

Peggy is truly an awesome base manager with a personal touch. Peggy has assisted me on many occasions at TWA. I am glad the natives recognize her abilities.

Here's another one for the FA's that want Ward gone:

"Time....is on my side.
Yes it is!"
Courtesy of the Rolling Stones.