AA's maint workers @London Heathrow overwhelmingly vote down offer and vote in favor of strike

CorvetteMan

Advanced
Jul 7, 2022
Well, of course. Do the math, it's a no brainer. 5.3% over a 3 year agreement? That's an average of 1.75% per year. With only a lump sum in second year and no raises in third year. What did the co expect???

You obviously didnt read it or don’t understand it.

AA proposed a paycut, not a raise.

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
AA just promoted the first woman VP of line maintenance at any carrier I can think of. That gets no mention here.

But let's talk about a strike that won't happen. I'm surprised AA hasn't worked out a deal with BA at LHR for maintenance. They certainly have the facilities.

CorvetteMan

Advanced
Jul 7, 2022
AA just promoted the first woman VP of line maintenance at any carrier I can think of. That gets no mention here.

But let's talk about a strike that won't happen. I'm surprised AA hasn't worked out a deal with BA at LHR for maintenance. They certainly have the facilities.

Reactions: WeAAsles

WeAAsles

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007

E thanks for mentioning it. Nice read posted by Corvette.

CorvetteMan

Advanced
Jul 7, 2022

It’s only ETOPS checks and line maintenance. Those are done at the gate 99.9% of the time.