Aa's Response To Delta...

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
Forget the US Airways FLL announcement, I want to see American respond to this (smaller) announcement.

On 1 December, Delta Connection will start, from FLL...

1x daily Charleston (SC), Richmond
2x daily Birmingham, Pensacola, Norfolk, Louisville, Greensboro, Dayton
Inc. to 5x daily Raleigh (from 2x)

American Eagle has been planning an MIA build up to Southeast cities exactly like this one for about a year now. It started slowly with Charlotte and Richmond, and adding some RJs to Nashville, plus Dayton and Memphis should be loaded into schedules this weekend. I really hope that American Eagle takes the initiative an goes foward with a similar move at MIA. Delta clearly wants to take advantage of these O&D markets. I hope American Eagle responds. Though I also have been hearing this announcement is a "one up" on AA, because they are indeed planning to announce a similar MIA build up next week.

I really hope that American Eagle takes the initiative an goes foward with a similar move at MIA.

Eagle cant take any initiative we can only go where big brother tells us to go, much in the ame way we pull out of cities when AA wants us to pull out. We jump, albiet not very high, when we are told to jump.