AA's Texas WARN Letter to Workforce Commission

First you need to determine who censured it - AA, the union, the Texas agency it was sent to, or the newspaper. I doubt that AA censored the copy sent to the Texas agency since the number of potential employees affected is required to be supplied. My guess is that whoever furnished a copy to the paper was responsible.

Jim

I didn't see this Reuters piece before posting the above. Apparently they saw the uncensored letter although they don't list every station affected....

Reuter's Article

Jim

First you need to determine who censured it - AA, the union, the Texas agency it was sent to, or the newspaper. I doubt that AA censored the copy sent to the Texas agency since the number of potential employees affected is required to be supplied. My guess is that whoever furnished a copy to the paper was responsible.

Jim

I figured it got censored by the newspaper. I don't see the TWC censoring it.

I just wanted to see if the numbers on this warn notice matched the numbers I've already seen from my WORTHLESS Union.

Just keep in mind that the WARN letter overstates the numbers - from the companies standpoint it's better to overstate the number than to understate them. Also, unionized workers who may be bumped to a different location are included in the WARN letter numbers. In other words again, the WARN letter numbers are overstated and way overstated as far as RIF's are concerned..

Jim

Reactions: 1 person
FYI, WARN notices have to meet the "STATE" requirements.
What works for Chicago does not work for Commmiefornia.
Some states acknowledge a blanket WARN notice while others may require a delivered WARN Notice with you name on it.
Check your local laws and do not rely on your Onion to protect your a$$etts.
Been There, Done That, Beat the Onion!
B) xUT

I figured it got censored by the newspaper. I don't see the TWC censoring it.

I just wanted to see if the numbers on this warn notice matched the numbers I've already seen from my WORTHLESS Union.
I'd disagree. Awful as the media can be at times, journalists don't often redact details in documents they obtain from government agencies. My money is on some bureaucrat at the Texas Workforce Commission redacting it before turning it over to the press (mistakenly thinking that the details are confidential). The same sort of thinking that causes government bodies to violate the "open meetings" laws around the country with some regularity.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts