Above & Beyond Program

Dunno. Las Vegas apparantly doesn't participate in it.
I don't think it is airport specific. Every year, when we get our DM renewal packages, and our new ID card, we're sent about 10 little coupons, and we're told to fill one out every time a US Airways employee does something special, or goes above and beyond for us. I actually do fill them out (mostly because I know how much you guys had to give back over the years - and hopefully they do something nice for you when a passenger fills out this coupon)...

I don't know why anybody would go above and beyond for this company. They DO NOT go above and beyond for the customer. And they certainly DO NOT go at least above let alone beyond for their employee's.

I always thought that they get send into Tempe and then they "randomly" get drawn for cash prizes every quarter. That's what the koolaid says anyways.

They are sent in for some sort of raffle where you can win a thousand dollars or something. My old supervisor wouldn't put photocopies of them in my file. Luckily I have a new supervisor who put them in there. I just keep copies, I don't send them in. I'd rather have praise/feedback recorded than put in some dumb contest.

The employee will mail them in and your name goes in for prizes including money. I'm not sure at this hour but I think it's up to something like $1,000.00 or more. When I'm up front I'm workin' it. :lol: ;) I DID get one last trip because I noticed on the manifest that there was a CP sitting in the exit row. I went back and let him know we appreciated his business even though they threw him in "low class". I asked him if he wanted anything in particular from the basket up front and gave him a cocktail. Wasn't much really for anyone to do but I appreciated his giving me an A&B none the less. It is actually a very nice program considering the wacko's we have running the place. :rolleyes:

Its not about going above and beyond for the company, its about going above and beyond for the customer. And some of us still have pride in the job we do (and its even more enjoyable knowing that we do it with s&*t to work with.
Now, to answer the question....
We send the coupons in for a drawing each quarter for a chance to win money. They give away several $10000 prizes (one of the TPA Club agents just added this to her bank account this drawing) and various other prize amounts ranging from $250 up.

Honestly guys, for what I'm sure you've all been through over the years with the changes in management, etc - there are some wonderful people working for US Airways. It doesn't go unnoticed by most of the FFs.

How would anybody from Fleet Service get an A&B certificate? Or are they only for direct customer contact employee's?

They can be given to anyone. I believe Fleet and Maintenance get it from their managers in a form with another name, but its sent in and entered into the drawing. We also had a maint and ramp guy win $1000 last drawing.
But, in order to get it you'd have to do something "extra" in your managers eyes so I guess those who arent doing anything "extra" for the company dont have to worry about getting them. :ph34r: :rolleyes:

. And some of us still have pride in the job we do (and its even more enjoyable knowing that we do it with s&*t to work with.
Isn't that the truth.

Doing a good job no matter the circumstances.

Personal pride in your work and a good work ethic-these don't change if you're making money hand over fist or after two BKs.

Are there any left?

Yeah....I'm still CP....and probably will be this year as well....and I'll be PE on CO too...and I'm sure if I actually worked at it with AA I could grab at least the lower level there. As I've mentioned, I still fly US when I just need to get somewhere and I can't do it any other way...or when I can snag a $0.05 per mile trip.

Other then that, US is certainly ANYTHING but my "Airline Of Choice."

That being said, I thought this comment by Travelpro72 was pretty awesome....

I DID get one last trip because I noticed on the manifest that there was a CP sitting in the exit row. I went back and let him know we appreciated his business even though they threw him in "low class". I asked him if he wanted anything in particular from the basket up front and gave him a cocktail. Wasn't much really for anyone to do but I appreciated his giving me an A&B none the less. It is actually a very nice program considering the wacko's we have running the place.

It reminds me of how many great people there are out there on the front lines...

And, while I'm flying US less and less these days, I do think it's a nice program. I actually suggested to CO they instigate a similar program because there are DEFINITELY people out there "working it" and doing a great job.

At some point, I need to just "cut the chord" and move my *A accumulation to UA and be done, once and for all...but flying in and out of PVD, there are still too many places US goes that are just easier....

Absolutely, positively, the most, by a LARGE margin, dysfunctional relationship with ANY product I've ever had is my relationship with US. I guess that's how the HP team has done it for years and years, beat the s**t out of their pax and abuse them like the cheap scoundrels they make us out to be....knowing we'll be back for more.

Just freakin' bizzare.

How would anybody from Fleet Service get an A&B certificate? Or are they only for direct customer contact employee's?

PJ,

For Fleet Service employees, it's up to your shift manager to give you one of these cards when you go "above and beyond". All shift managers have access to these cards if they send an email to Human Resources to request them. Put a bug in your manager's ear, they should all be participating in this. Many of them are so new to the Company/Industry, that they don't have a clue that this important recognition tool is available.