Ace Aviation Or Pit/clt H/m

airknocker

Aug 21, 2002
News from Canada says for $75 million investment in AWA/U, Ace Aviation gets a contract for $1.5 billion in maintenance services of proposed integrated fleet. Our IAM leaders, Frieberger&Schafano annouce Airbus work returning to PIT/CLT with potential recalls. Who's on first?? :blink:

Both could be right - PIT/CLT get the work on the Buses that remain of the US fleet per the contract, ACTS get the work on the rest. This is from the ACE press release:

"ACE, through Air Canada Technical Services (ACTS), is entitled to provide
all available outsourced maintenance, repair and overhaul services for the
merged entity
with a combined fleet of 361 aircraft consisting of the Boeing
737, 757 and 767 and the Airbus A319, A320, A321 and A330 for which ACTS has
significant existing expertise."

ACE Press Release

Jim

Hopefully there will be enough work for all maintenance employees at the 2 airlines, but with the trend to outsource I am not holding my breath that any of the U or AWA hangers stay open! Good luck to all!

usjacket said:
Hopefully there will be enough work for all maintenance employees at the 2 airlines, but with the trend to outsource I am not holding my breath that any of the U or AWA hangers stay open! Good luck to all!
[post="271606"][/post]​

The way I read the press release there will be very little work left for the usairways or america west mechanics. :down: Time to move on.

DR.EVIL said:
The way I read the press release there will be very little work left for the usairways or america west mechanics. :down: Time to move on.
[post="271624"][/post]​

Dr. E, you're correct.

How on earth do you expect US/HP to
have the lowest costs in the industry
if they have to pay employees to work
for them?

C'mon, get with the reality here folks.
The whole idea is to shift real employee
costs to the outsourcing firm. Let Air
Canada bear the burden of wages,
benefits, pensions, and seniority issues.
Besides, we'll save even more money
by paying for the services in USD while
the crazy Canucks will be working for
wages paid in CAD.

Brilliant.

People you are all jumping to conclusions, remember the scope language was tested and all A320 family mtc is to be done in-house and we will all have to see what contract survives.

And Air Canada does very good mtc work and they are IAM members.

And like I said, AC's bid was cheaper then ST MAE when the company violated the IAM M&R contract.

so AC gets the work you're saying they're IAM so its ok???
like LL1976 prez schifano said and i still believe....the devils in the details...
everything but the kitchen sink(PIT 320 maintenance) is out the door...so what incentive is there to continue with inhouse heavies???
world leading LCC carrying with it the burden of overpaid IAM cronies doing HMV??
excuse my french but i see the bean counters having a big problem with this scenario..
pennies on the dollar to outsource....sure we won in court...but the next time that you fight a guy,you find out how to beat him......or keep on losing.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Where have ou been? The heavies are ALL outsourced, the only thing left inhouse is the A320 and 50% of the 737s.

And like I said, it is WAY TO EARLY for all of your sideline labor lawyers and financial experts to know what is going to transpire.

700UW said:

[post="271649"][/post]​

Yea, at least you can keep your new full time iam job. ME,ME,ME,ME,ME :down: :shock: You are on union leave from usairways, right?? ;) ;) ;)

700UW said:
Where have ou been? The heavies are ALL outsourced, the only thing left inhouse is the A320 and 50% of the 737s.

And like I said, it is WAY TO EARLY for all of your sideline labor lawyers and financial experts to know what is going to transpire.
[post="271666"][/post]​
believe me its all done....eyes are dotted and the 't's are crossed.......the boys in the long range planning group live in the future....and i bet we aren't in it.
they threw us a bone during the last round.....if true....combining maintenance will be a priority......sidebar.....sidebar....sidebar......
all the heavies aren't outsourced....why do they call PITCLT heavy maintenance??

You are right.. It is to early to guess.. However there are loop holes in the contract language that will allow them to outsource if they so choose.. Every contract has loop holes..

On top of that AWA is the surviving entitiy.. It might be called US Airways but it will be run with the essance of AWA not US..

AWA farms out almost everything.. To maintain the LCC status the logic dictates that the Heavy checks will leave the property..

ACE is looking out for itself.. It wants the Airbus work because that is what they are good at.. They have no interest in the 737 work and they are going to be full up with Delta 757/767 work.. They might be able to fit in the US 767's maybe..

No they want the Airbus work.. They might be losing jetBlue so they need to fill their tracks..

The contract will mean nothing when Parker decides that PIT needs to be shut down. And the speed will be fast.. Time is something they don't have..

700UW said:

[post="271666"][/post]​

On top of that AWA is the surviving entitiy.. It might be called US Airways but it will be run with the essance of AWA not US..

AWA farms out almost everything.. To maintain the LCC status the logic dictates that the Heavy checks will leave the property..
wake up beautiful dreamers......the end is near......
money rules the roost and it isn't in an LCC'S best interest to keep heavies inhouse...

name that tune

your days are numbered like the hairs on your head

tic toc tic toc

DR.EVIL said:
Yea, at least you can keep your new full time iam job. ME,ME,ME,ME,ME :down: :shock: You are on union leave from usairways, right?? ;) ;) ;)
[post="271703"][/post]​
Where do you get these ideas?

I am not on a leave from US Airways and I am not in an IAM full time job, I work 40 hours a week at US.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

700UW said:
People you are all jumping to conclusions, remember the scope language was tested and all A320 family mtc is to be done in-house and we will all have to see what contract survives.

And like I said, AC's bid was cheaper then ST MAE when the company violated the IAM M&R contract.
[post="271649"][/post]​

What happened to the award money?
Where did it go??