Aerosmith Mentioned On Msnbc

MSNBC is quoting AeroSmith's post (see thread "Edwards Vp") and saying it's the "scoop of the year".

Congrats.

Jim

Take it from me, you never know who is reading this forum. :ph34r: Speaking of that, I'll say hello to one of our famous readers: "Hi Keith!"

For those just reading this, this is the thread that launched commentary on MSNBC
/index.php?showtopic=11966

BillLumbergh, why did you lock out this topic? Clearly, all that was needed was to remind everyone to stick to topic like Todd does. Why lock the thread when it clearly has a lot of relevance for US Airways and aviation in general. Locking this thread wasn't necessary.

I thought I would say congrats Aerosmith before you are shut down, again

Also made Reuters and mentioned something about cornfield

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...storyID=5600820

Kerry Relies on E-Mail for Edwards Announcement
Tue Jul 6, 2004 05:12 PM ET
By Andy Sullivan
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The hottest political news of the summer arrived on a tide of spam Tuesday morning as Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry sent an e-mail announcing Sen. John Edwards would be his running mate.

Half an hour after Kerry called Edwards to offer him the vice-presidential slot, one million Kerry supporters received an e-mail explaining that the North Carolina senator "understands and defends the values of America."

"You are the heart and soul of this campaign," Kerry's message said. "Because of your incredible grassroots energy and commitment, I wanted to make the first official announcement of my decision to you."

Minutes later, the Republican National Committee fired off a response: "Who is John Edwards? A disingenuous, unaccomplished liberal and friend to personal injury trial lawyers."

By the time Kerry announced the news in person at a Pittsburgh rally 45 minutes later, Democratic and Republican Web sites were ready with dueling videos, fact sheets and statements.

But they were all 12 hours behind the air-travel Web site USAviation.com, where on Monday night a visitor wrote that John Edwards decals were being fitted to Kerry's campaign plane in a Pittsburgh hangar.

The Internet has sped up the pace of political campaigns and allowed them to stay in close touch with their most energetic supporters, experts said.

By telling those on his e-mail list first about Edwards' selection, Kerry is trying to build a sense of loyalty among people most likely to knock on doors for him, said Michael Cornfield, an adjunct professor at George Washington University's school of political management.

"They're the opinion leaders," Cornfield said. "They're the focus of this online activity, and they tend to be the ones gobbling up this insider information."

Unlike television and other media, Internet use spikes during the day, when most people are at work. Faithful supporters expect to see a response to any big news before the end of the day, not in the next day's newspapers.

Thus President Bush's campaign responded quickly with a video spot charging Kerry had been spurned by his top choice, Republican Sen. John McCain.

Meanwhile, the Democratic National Committee posted a video spot showing McCain criticizing Bush.

"It's gone from being a 24-hour news cycle to a nanosecond news cycle," said Lee Rainie, director of the Pew Internet and American Life Project, a nonprofit organization that studies U.S. Internet use.

The transcript for Countdown will be posted in the morning about 10e I think... That is pretty cool that the site got mentioned by MSNBC and Reuters

aerosmith said:
Does any body have a link to this MSNBC thing? I haven"t seen it .
Thanks Aerosmith
Hi Aerosmith,

I also saw a segment on Aaron Brown's Newsnight, on CNN tonight, also crediting you with the "scoop". Don't have a link, but you might be able to find something at the CNN website.

Also, you got credit at the John Edwards grassroots site: www.jregrassroot.org last night, under the Edwards for VP 2004 section.

:up:

I submited the post to drudge. I will always wonder if thats how it got picked up?

at approx 0703am fox and friends refered to the post as well.....they were impressed too!

heck of a scoop...

delldude said:
hey smiff...yall done good?
vote "w"....... ;)
Dude! I would have expected more from you then to become another of the pack dogs and their pathetic mentality.

But what's the use, immaturity rules the day and why we are called Neanderthals, seems comments like this earns the title. Over paid primates just portraying their nature.

Latest posts