AF/BA From CLT-CDG/LGW

Oct 21, 2009
So I am hearing that AF will fly CLT-CDG Jan31 and BA will fly CLT-LGW AUG28 is this is true would you think US Airways will loose the pax and loose the $$$$ But i could be wrong and i have been known to be. Thanks

I don't know what BA and AF are doing but I do know that US is adding a second flight from CLT-FRA begining in May.

Why even do Europe from CLT? Keep PHL Europe and CLT for Carribean/ South America! AF couldn't compete with US from PHL-CDG so they got DL and put a 757 on the route.

So I am hearing that AF will fly CLT-CDG Jan31 and BA will fly CLT-LGW AUG28 is this is true would you think US Airways will loose the pax and loose the $$$$ But i could be wrong and i have been known to be. Thanks

Lose: to not have control over something you once had

Loose: your best friend's sister in high school

Proper spelling means a lot.

Reactions: 5 people
AF to cdg no way
Ba to lgw no way but maybe to lhr
Since us is starting a 2nd delay clt-fra rumor is clt-muc may be ending on lh.
but however all i have ever heard about clt-muc on lh is posiitive and i think they would down grade to 333 before dropping.(rumor is it has bad yields) which i don't see how with all the buisness traffic. it fills a 346 in the summer.

AF to cdg no way
Ba to lgw no way but maybe to lhr
Since us is starting a 2nd delay clt-fra rumor is clt-muc may be ending on lh.
but however all i have ever heard about clt-muc on lh is posiitive and i think they would down grade to 333 before dropping.(rumor is it has bad yields) which i don't see how with all the buisness traffic. it fills a 346 in the summer.
Agree. Maybe the services to CDG and LGW/LHR will originate in CLT as a THRU Flight with a change of equipment at the respective Code Share partner's Hub (DL or AA) but there is not enough traffic to justify EITHER Foreign Flag Carrier (AF or BA) to put their equipment on these routes. As for CLT-MUC.....Lufthansa can hold it's own against anyone. What LH should do is turn the route over to US and then move the A340 they use on the route to PHX. Should this happen, I would guess most International Traffic out of the desert will connect at Flughafen Frankfurt Main.........not London, and in a short period of time BA will flee PHX as well. They have NO FEED. (They are only filling the plane Now because US doesn't serve PHX-LGW/LHR). STAR Alliance is ALL ABOUT critical Mass.

Reactions: 2 people