AFA/70 WHAT CAN U DO 4 US?

PHL BULL

Advanced
Aug 7, 2006
You guy's want to set the world on fire? get her done as they say down south...lets get acess like they have in CLT, get us an acess door...or get the base mag/dir to pay for all PHL F/A's to have a "blue-badge" or a door to by-pass standing in line at the checkpoint...it's BS we have to wait in line just to get to work...we are all pre-cleared...I will cut in line and snarl at pax if I can't get to work... they will take a delay...or we could all call sckd, sign me in I was here on time but could not check in on time...fire up the APU...if ya want coffee...SLOW DOWN...do your job... ONLY your job...bags, dup seats...send the pax back up the jetway...let's see if the NEW local has any balls...help us all, we lost the best voice for the PHL F/A's...TG thanks for all your hard work... time will tell you will be missed...I voted so I can ####...if you did not vote, I don't want to hear it!!!with the low turn out in AFA/70 it's no wonder bush is in a 2ed term... :down:

it's BS we have to wait in line just to get to work...we are all pre-cleared...I will cut in line and snarl at pax if I can't get to work...

1. Ever wonder how your FFs, many of whom see the checkpoint as often or more often than you do, "get to work?" Suck it up and deal.

2. Many of these same pax are cleared to a level that makes the wimpy SIDA process (which is nothing more than a glorified NACLC) a walk in the park, yet have to deal with the same shoe conga you do. Suck it up and deal.

3. You cut in front of me it had best be with the local cops in tow. Pax will snarl right back and kick you to the back of the line. Suck it up and deal.

You guy's want to set the world on fire? get her done as they say down south...lets get acess like they have in CLT, get us an acess door...or get the base mag/dir to pay for all PHL F/A's to have a "blue-badge" or a door to by-pass standing in line at the checkpoint...it's BS we have to wait in line just to get to work...we are all pre-cleared...I will cut in line and snarl at pax if I can't get to work... they will take a delay...or we could all call sckd, sign me in I was here on time but could not check in on time...fire up the APU...if ya want coffee...SLOW DOWN...do your job... ONLY your job...bags, dup seats...send the pax back up the jetway...let's see if the NEW local has any balls...help us all, we lost the best voice for the PHL F/A's...TG thanks for all your hard work... time will tell you will be missed...I voted so I can ####...if you did not vote, I don't want to hear it!!!with the low turn out in AFA/70 it's no wonder bush is in a 2ed term... :down:

Yah, an access door is the most important thing the union should be worried abour right now.

:rolleyes:

NOT

1. Ever wonder how your FFs, many of whom see the checkpoint as often or more often than you do, "get to work?" Suck it up and deal.

2. Many of these same pax are cleared to a level that makes the wimpy SIDA process (which is nothing more than a glorified NACLC) a walk in the park, yet have to deal with the same shoe conga you do. Suck it up and deal.

3. You cut in front of me it had best be with the local cops in tow. Pax will snarl right back and kick you to the back of the line. Suck it up and deal.

Flight crew and employees cut the line if theres isnt a crew line. You must not be that frequent a flyer if you didn't know this- its always been that way.

I dont get paid for check in, boarding, or layovers, only while the plane is flying. Im not going to work 4 hours early on my 8 hour layover to get in a line to get to my workplace.

I thought that was what we gave up 38% of our income AND our pensions for.....to be able and cut to the front of the line!! :lol:

Flight crew and employees cut the line if theres isnt a crew line. You must not be that frequent a flyer if you didn't know this- its always been that way.

I know it. I also know they don't jump the line in front of me. It's never happened (much to the chagrin of an East pilot at SFO about 2 years ago) and it's not going to start happening. End of story. In fact, I have encouraged others not to let the crew jump the line. Bring a cop, because without them you won't get in front of me.

Factoid: Did you know that there is no legal basis that can be used to exclude anyone from approaching the checkpoint? The TSA's authority does not start until the metal detectors, and the ID checkers have no legal basis at all. The crew lines and premium lines are worthless, it's just that most people don't have the stones to try a line that's labeled "crew" or "first class."

I've done it. When I lived in PIT, I did it regularly before the priority pax lane was opened.

So yeah, I've fly frequently enough to have checked the various legal nuances to know that I both don't have to put up with crew jumping the line and can go into a line labeled "crew" with no serious legal consequence. In Pennsylvania and North Carolina, anyway.

I dont get paid for check in, boarding, or layovers, only while the plane is flying. Im not going to work 4 hours early on my 8 hour layover to get in a line to get to my workplace.

I don't get paid the entire time I'm in transit. Or overnights. I have to go to work 6 hours early to go to work: 2 hours prior to the flight, 2 hours for the flight, an hour to get luggage (if I check), and an hour to get the rental and drive to work. Maybe 5.5 hours without checked bags.

Suck it up and deal. Your sense of entitlement ends at the aircraft door.

Clue- Just try to "jock block" me out of getting to MY JOB. Just won't happen and you will loose with the cops I assure you. If you insist on looking like a fool go ahead. At Denver and Seattle there are engraved signs "CREW MEMBERS MOVE TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE". Those signs are also in most other airports. I am always respectful and if I have time wait but on a short overnight when we have gotten little more than 4 or 5 hours sleep I can't afford to wait 20 minutes in line. The aircraft is waiting on me and so are other passengers. Our van time is set by the airline so if they wish to give us a longer overnight fine but fat chance. You know better Clue and have been around long enough to know how things work. Your looking like an inexperienced traveler so knock it off.

Clue- Just try to "jock block" me out of getting to MY JOB. Just won't happen and you will loose with the cops I assure you. If you insist on looking like a fool go ahead. At Denver and Seattle there are engraved signs "CREW MEMBERS MOVE TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE". Those signs are also in most other airports. I am always respectful and if I have time wait but on a short overnight when we have gotten little more than 4 or 5 hours sleep I can't afford to wait 20 minutes in line. The aircraft is waiting on me and so are other passengers. Our van time is set by the airline so if they wish to give us a longer overnight fine but fat chance. You know better Clue and have been around long enough to know how things work. Your looking like a fool so knock it off.
He probably has a Napoleon complex..... :lol: :lol: Just let him cut back in front of you so you don't have to listen to him whine; obviously getting thru security before a pilot is very important to him..... :lol: If I saw him make a scene, I probably would not be able to stop laughing.....

Call the cops when I'm going to work. Please do. We are permitted to cut the line, its always been that way, always will be. Sorry. You want to cut the line, get a part time job at the airport bar.

And when I non-rev anywhere even in uniform I would never even think about going directly to the front of the TSA line. Only when I am working a flight.