AFA /APFA agree to merge !

[SIZE=10.5pt]At first glance it looks like an intelligent agreement. AFA may be toast, but a methodical and measured transition is better for all. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Lesson learned (if it works out as advertised.)  RR[/SIZE]

Reactions: 1 person
usfliboi said:
Apfa will be the bargaining agent and AFA will no longer represent Flight attendants at the New American once approved by AFA members.
And as we make the most out of our collective bargaining rights, with your approval we will also become members of APFA. Maybe merger isnt the right word lol We are dumping AFA (if voted on) and moving to APFA...Thats better! 

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2013/12/two-flight-attendant-unions-at-new-american-airlines-reach-accord.html/

Perhaps even "US AFA agrees to merge into APFA" would be more descriptive.

At any rate, is it really news that the organization with twice the voting power would be the surviving CBA?  I just figured that it would be a given.  The REAL news is that it appears (with my cursory reading of the highlights) that the APFA agreed to the traditional AFA policy of simply combining seniority lists by Date of Hire, then adjourning for dinner and drinks together!

I wish all of you, my "Colleagues of the Skies", the very best in this transition and every success with the new, improved APFA!

Reactions: 3 people
It's only news to the delusional AFAers who were trying to organize a card campaign, and to anyone else at AFA after CWA apparently saw the wisdom in not spending a lot of money on an election they were sure to lose.

Oh, and also: the former TWA flight attendants who were under the impression that if AFA were to become their certified bargaining agent, their seniority would be restored.

Reactions: 2 people
In General...there were adults in the room and in the end both groups benefit by becoming one and dealing with what they are paid to do....Represent its members! 

Reactions: 2 people
AdAstraPerAspera said:
Oh, and also: the former TWA flight attendants who were under the impression that if AFA were to become their certified bargaining agent, their seniority would be restored.
That's the shittiest and most disrepesctful comment ever. Asshole . And this is coming from someone who welcomes apfa . Those TWA FA 's deserve their seniority . I know they won't get it . But for you to throw it in their faces is really F'd up .

Reactions: 4 people
Excuse me? I was just matter-of-factly stating something with no embellishment or editorializing whatsoever. Indeed there were AA flight attendants who believed that AFA would restore their TWA DOH-- I have flown with them. Whether or not AFA actually would have is something you nor I will ever know. However, even if I was trying to convey an opinion on the matter, my sympathies would be squarely with the former TWA crew… I come from a TWA family and I know what they have gone through. I am definitely not throwing anything in anyone's face. In my personal opinion though, I do think that any spot on a seniority list is far preferable than no spot at all.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts