AFA calls for solidarity

I saw this on AFA. <_< What? They want scabs help picket or the honorable people who didn't cross help picket. Quite frankly, I'd like to sock a scab in the mouth and say "This one is for everyone" and get fired.

It's my secret fantasy. :rolleyes:

kinda goes along with popping a chute on my last day, especially with all the dummies parking equipment where they shouldn't.

Flight attendants calling for solidarity? From what I've learned I would suggest that "solidarity" would need to begin in their own ranks.

I would also go so far as to say that the mechanics who weathered the 2005 strike might not feel the love so to speak.

To those who have been following the life and times of NW unionized employees there is a major question: Are the unions left on NWA property deserving of support?

I apologize to those of you who have contacted me the via private message feature. I recently returned from a long trip overseas during which time I was landing new accounts and entertaining. My time on the www was pretty much dedicated to biz.

Regards,

N.

One of ..........'ALL'!!! :down:

Which 'union' is not sinking? :rolleyes:
:blink: UT

I believe the group became divided when the company started spreading bogus propaganda centry emails again. (yep it started again!)

Stuff like: Since your workgroup didn't ratify a contract..... blah blah blah...... from Mike what's his face (probably Finman)

I think most people written that off as a "loss" anyhow.
don't care
and we don't care about the puny little stinky "profit sharing" sick joke/nonsense. Take away 4o percent and you give .01% back?

What did my mailing say?

"didn't ratify a contract so therefore AFA workgroup are not included until blah blah blah"

So what. :down:

my Big D says " What? :shock: AFA asking help/solidarity from who? The super scabs working? :lol: :ph34r: is this a sick joke or what?"

- signed Mr. loyal unionist and his scab wife. :p

I and a handfull of loyal strikers were there with the AFA last August in DTW. I met Todd the CHAOS leader, a good unionist.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=48...&pr=goog-sl

If I was not working Monday, I'd be there again. Has anyone has not learned anything from the NW strike? This should be a turning point for solidarity. Awake up and realize that if all unions don't come together and support one another - more companies will follow the scarair tactics. If the attitude is "I ain't going to support them cause they didn't support us", expect labor conditions to get worse.

Has ALPO or the fighting machinist IAM put out any support letters? :shock:

I and a handfull of loyal strikers were there with the AFA last August in DTW. I met Todd the CHAOS leader, a good unionist.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=48...&pr=goog-sl

If I was not working Monday, I'd be there again. Has anyone has not learned anything from the NW strike? This should be a turning point for solidarity. Awake up and realize that if all unions don't come together and support one another - more companies will follow the scarair tactics. If the attitude is "I ain't going to support them cause they didn't support us", expect labor conditions to get worse.

Has ALPO or the fighting machinist IAM put out any support letters? :shock:

That is exactly my point Spock. There are no mechanics left after the other unions sat back and watched our destruction. What do the F/A's think now? The IAM and ALPA has changed? I'm sure all ALPA and the IAM wants is for the AFA to get on the concession bandwagon. It is not that I don't support their effort. I wish them luck from afar as there is no NWA at my location any longer. It is my hope that they finally get the right to strike the carrier and reverse the giveback trend.

That is exactly my point Spock. There are no mechanics left after the other unions sat back and watched our destruction. What do the F/A's think now? The IAM and ALPA has changed? I'm sure all ALPA and the IAM wants is for the AFA to get on the concession bandwagon. It is not that I don't support their effort. I wish them luck from afar as there is no NWA at my location any longer. It is my hope that they finally get the right to strike the carrier and reverse the giveback trend.
I am honestly hoping people are going to figure out that the company "scare tactic" emails are there to scare you silly with LIES.

It will get interesting soon. I hear new hires are going to be on board next month. Probation lasts 6 months.

Stuff like: Since your workgroup didn't ratify a contract..... blah blah blah...... from Mike what's his face (probably Finman)

I think most people written that off as a "loss" anyhow.
don't care
and we don't care about the puny little stinky "profit sharing" sick joke/nonsense. Take away 4o percent and you give .01% back?

What did my mailing say?

"didn't ratify a contract so therefore AFA workgroup are not included until blah blah blah"
If you don't care about losing a bunch of money, which is what you're doing by not having a ratified contract, than what do you care about? Isn't that what your contract dispute is about; Money?

Are you guys that blinded by your anger that you can't see that you're potentially giving up $30K-$50K in potential equity by holding out for something that you're never going to get? It's not propaganda, it's factual information that only AFA and it's ill-informed members are refuting. I certainly hope there are FAs out there that have a little more common sense and pragmatism than what I've heard here.

If you don't care about losing a bunch of money, which is what you're doing by not having a ratified contract, than what do you care about? Isn't that what your contract dispute is about; Money?

Are you guys that blinded by your anger that you can't see that you're potentially giving up $30K-$50K in potential equity by holding out for something that you're never going to get? It's not propaganda, it's factual information that only AFA and it's ill-informed members are refuting. I certainly hope there are FAs out there that have a little more common sense and pragmatism than what I've heard here.
for a financial person you sound like someone who forgot all the basics.
What was that called? Since my job has nothing to do with finances, forgive me... er.... "written off" or "a loss"? :lol: (pertaining to the equity holding)

it's already monies considered "lost" so -

Knock it off Bob.

No one I flew with believes that silly email. :lol: :lol:

for a financial person you sound like someone who forgot all the basics.
What was that called? Since my job has nothing to do with finances, forgive me... er.... "written off" or "a loss"? :lol: (pertaining to the equity holding)
it's already monies considered "lost" so -

Knock it off Bob.

No one I flew with believes that silly email. :lol: :lol:
It's getting down to the end. You guys only have about 30 days left to get a negotiated claim. I do hope you realize that everyone is just shaking their heads about how idiotic you guys must be to completely blow off this huge amount of equity you could have. It's quite stunning. Apparently you've adopted the strategy of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It's getting down to the end. You guys only have about 30 days left to get a negotiated claim. I do hope you realize that everyone is just shaking their heads about how idiotic you guys must be to completely blow off this huge amount of equity you could have. It's quite stunning. Apparently you've adopted the strategy of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Y-A-W-N

And what?

You think if the AFA doesn't make a negotiated claim that the equity you keep spouting off about simply disappears???

Once NWA is outside the protection of the courts, and AFA can exercise their right to strike, NWA will negotiate, and I'm fairly certain that the value of said equity will figure prominantly.

Reactions: 1 person
Y-A-W-N

And what?

You think if the AFA doesn't make a negotiated claim that the equity you keep spouting off about simply disappears???

Once NWA is outside the protection of the courts, and AFA can exercise their right to strike, NWA will negotiate, and I'm fairly certain that the value of said equity will figure prominantly.
That makes too much sense for finman. He doesn't feel anyone but the "Company" has any cards to play. Company men usually don't see color, its just black and white.

So chicken little...er...finman. Stop screaming the sky is falling!

Sit back like the rest of us and watch this thing play out.

As I've stated before, you should worry about your own gig w/ NW.

Latest posts