Afa E-line

firstamendment

Veteran
Apr 1, 2003
Visit site
US Airways e-line

I just read the AFA E-Line and if the judge in charge is the least bit ethical, he/she will see US management as unethical and unreasonable. The problem appears that this judge may not be empathetic to labor.

I am just crossing my fingers that this judge uses common sense and sees using proven court cases that what US is doing IS nothing short of unethical and illegal.

On this one, Pitbull is right. :) :eek: :huh:

Thanks First Amendment,

AFA is going to give it its best shot. If this is any kind of consolation, the cuts may be reuduced to less than 6 months. Keep in mind that the company has proposed in their "interim relief" to AFA (not to the judge in a motion) to take DH at 50%, OJI sal. continuence at 50%, sick claim 50%paid , but 100% credit :down: ,
vacation decreases, increase flying obligation with discipline if you don't get it in 5-10 hours, and will only raise the rserv guarantee by 2 hours :down: plus they want 14.4% pay cut on top of that. All in all it wouldtranslate to 23% benefit and wage reduction in just this short interim anyway. $5.4 million a month from our group.

This company does not NEED the external stuff besides the wage cut. They just want to throw that in there just because. This is disingenuious at best, and low down, cheaters at worst.

At least with the judge we are only looking at a pay reduction at worse. AFA has been in conference with AFA legal and our outside legal. Contrary to ALPA advisors, ours are prepared for the argument, and need to work for their money when we need them to.

My opinion of ALPA advisors and ALPA legal.. weak, very very weak. Not worth their money. You guys need a reduction in union dues, and start eliminating folks in ALPA International. Captitualtion is the easy way out.. They have told your ALPA MEC (according to USA320) that the judge would impose this 100%. How do they know, what is there sphere of reference? Hunch? Inclination? Fortune cookie?

:down:

Basically, its AFA legal's brief. The argument that was submitted as a motion that opposes the motion for interim relief pursuant to Section 1113e due today.

Pitbull

I will always support you when I see with my own eyes you are correct. I, like many, am so confused as to how much is truth and how much is hype. Many of us need to see all that this legal brief has in it. Just telling me doesn't cut it.

This is the proof I need that this management team has done nothing but try to break the unions, the company, and either sell it off piece by piece or start over with "Bama Air" as Bonedead joked. Funny, there is always alittle truth in gest.

Ya might have articulation problems at times and a little hotheaded, but that's of...the proof for me is in that brief.

I know people will disagree and I was one believing in settling, but now my eyes are openned. Bonehead doesn't WANT us to settle. He wants the judge to decide, but with all the company wants to take, the 23% WOULD be better.

Oh God I need a drink :shock: ...oh, I forgot...I stopped drinking!! :eek: :lol: <_<

usfliboi said:
Pitbull, and you yourself are willing to risk the unknown?
[post="188251"][/post]​

Have you read the AFA lawyer's briefing? While it wouldn't suprise me if the judge sided and favored the company, I feel what Pitbull has discovered as well as myself, is that there is a concerted effort of US management to overinflate all of their woes to squeeze the last drop out of us, if not an effort to break the unions.

Although I have had issues with union concepts at times and have been vocal in regards to Ms. Pitbull and have NOT been exactly the "full pay to the last day" card carrying union member, I understand HER side much clearer now and it appears that this company has successfully scared the s**t out of every one of us and caused us to become paralyzed IN our fear, and by that caving into anything said with the idea that the judge will automatically be partial to management.

Today is October 6 and it seems to me that all the attention has been on the pilots, yet the company feels that half a## negotiating is the best they can do or that we deserve in regards to afa, cwa, and the iam. What management is doing is not only unreasonable but impossible. This tells me that they WANT to go to the judge. It appears that the AFA lawyers have their ducks in a row. Or at least I hope so.

Unlike alpa, it appears afa is ready for a battle and as I stated earlier, any judge that caves to management after the well put together brief carefully review will appear partial, if not paid off. The point is not to give nothing, but to point out how unreasonable the company is being.

All of you, including myself, have a chance to see our management now answer to much by going to court and being questioned by lawyers. On one hand, I understand many feel Lakefield does want to see us survive and that this IS a protective measure. I no longer see that. I see another puppet and the strings are attached to an egotistical boob in Alabama. His answer to any reasonable negotiations IS capitulate or liquidate. He made that clear from DAY 1. This man enjoys threats. He isn't interested in lives, but his self inflated ego.

If this ruling is allowed to go 100% the way of management, this will send shockwaves thru the industry. This will indeed give all the airline management teams, including LUV, an excuse to replicate what will be the lowest paid company in the industry IF we survive. Pay WILL level out. Longevity in this industry stops here.

I hope that all of you anti-employee viewers and people who think $40,000 dollars is extreme for a 40 year old man with 18 years of service, are happy that my salary will go to 30k or lower. I hope the next time you get on your extremely cheap flight that you feel really good about it. All I have heard is how we are overpaid. Well, we will now make no more than Jetblue, an upstart airline thats payroll reflects such.

Watch out Jetblue, and SWA, you ain't no spring chicken. Your raise days are now over. You make more and someday will be very senior. Getting that jet fuel in your blood is no different here at US then it is at SWA. We may be old hags to the industry over here, but you guys are catching up. Years of service are now considered a liabiliy.

But don't worry, when the low cost carriers become king, then the flying public will turn on them. Companies never miss a chance to make $$ and when the lcc's have the monopoly, watch out!! The craziness will start all over.

Regardless, to not at least fight would indeed be cowardly. What do we really have to lose? Between the threats from management and the lack of confidence from analyst, why NOT give it a try? If I were coaching a football team and at it was fourth and ten in the fourth quarter with 10 seconds left and 6 points behind, do you not think I would at least go for the hail mary?

Maybe the AFA lawyers will be our Doug Flutie. To do nothing will provide nothing.

Good luck to all of us.

PITbull said:
Basically, its AFA legal's brief. The argument that was submitted as a motion that opposes the motion for interim relief pursuant to Section 1113e due today.
[post="188218"][/post]​

At this point the "unkown" is a better risk then the "known".

I hope that all of you anti-employee viewers and people who think $40,000 dollars is extreme for a 40 year old man with 18 years of service, are happy that my salary will go to 30k or lower. I hope the next time you get on your extremely cheap flight that you feel really good about it. All I have heard is how we are overpaid. Well, we will now make no more than Jetblue, an upstart airline thats payroll reflects such.

Sky high states: A mass exodus will happen. There exists a COST for each employee to live in (U) cities. DCA, NYC, PHL, BOS being perfect examples.
YOU CAN NOT cut salaries BELOW that dollar amount!
Nor attract quality employees who can live on that minimum (cost of living).

Sky High, unfortunately the industry is coming full- circle from the 70's. The flight attendant job was not intended as a career, especially one that could support a family. This is evident now in Jet Blue's F/A hiring practices, with renewable ( or non-renewable) terms of employment. As long as young people are willing to work for fairly low entry-level wages for a while, while they get to travel and get paid for it, the legacy carriers cannot continue to pay wages that are nearly twice as much.