Afa F***s Midatlantic F/as

Jul 25, 2005
The US Airways AFA MEC Chairwoman cares NOTHING for the interests of MidAtlantic flight attendants and relies on Bobbie "I don't know my own butt from a whole in the ground" Riggle to do her cow-towing to the company. The AFA likes to throw around the phrase "contractual language", but yet there is no published copy of the MidAtlantic agreement in its entirety! I guess if they had not wasted half a year negotiating a "flow-through" for the Pittsburgh dinosaurs (which clearly none of them wanted in the first place), perhaps then we would have a copy. It then occurs to me that the AFA is more concerned with protecting the "rights" of senior, bad attitude employees who do nothing but further tarnish the US Airways image, than it does in protecting the junior employees who are being sold down the river at MidAtlantic. Are people aware that MidAtlantic is being sold and with it, our furloughed employees are not guaranteed seniority, pay, or ANYTHING? We would not have come to work for MidAtlantic if we had known we wouldn't have AFA representation (we are SUPPOSED to, but we are the proverbial "forgotten red headed stepchild"). The AFA needs to step up to the plate and protect ALL of her members, not just the ones in Crapsburgh. Contractual language or no contractual language, as a member in good standing, I demand the AFA fight for what is right!

ItsNotThatSerious said:
The US Airways AFA MEC Chairwoman cares NOTHING for the interests of MidAtlantic flight attendants and relies on Bobbie "I don't know my own butt from a whole in the ground" Riggle to do her cow-towing to the company. The AFA likes to throw around the phrase "contractual language", but yet there is no published copy of the MidAtlantic agreement in its entirety! I guess if they had not wasted half a year negotiating a "flow-through" for the Pittsburgh dinosaurs (which clearly none of them wanted in the first place), perhaps then we would have a copy. It then occurs to me that the AFA is more concerned with protecting the "rights" of senior, bad attitude employees who do nothing but further tarnish the US Airways image, than it does in protecting the junior employees who are being sold down the river at MidAtlantic. Are people aware that MidAtlantic is being sold and with it, our furloughed employees are not guaranteed seniority, pay, or ANYTHING? We would not have come to work for MidAtlantic if we had known we wouldn't have AFA representation (we are SUPPOSED to, but we are the proverbial "forgotten red headed stepchild"). The AFA needs to step up to the plate and protect ALL of her members, not just the ones in Crapsburgh. Contractual language or no contractual language, as a member in good standing, I demand the AFA fight for what is right!
[post="283900"][/post]​

Well said, we all know why Bobbie is in that seat instead of the jumpseat anyway........

Maybe they're the same person. Along with Barbeetantrums -- it can be a threesome! (Ick.) Look at the number of posts and dates joined. Hmmm.

Bear96 said:
Maybe they're the same person. Along with Barbeetantrums -- it can be a threesome! (Ick.) Look at the number of posts and dates joined. Hmmm.
[post="283910"][/post]​
Don't worry jerk....I may have just signed on, but I am here to stay. Write something meaningful, you bitter and jaded queen.

Bear96 said:
[post="283910"][/post]​

If you refer to me as a barbie well darling you are right, I am the only barbie that USAirways has..... tiskit a tasket..... you love me darling you know you do!!!!

ItsNotThatSerious,

I think what has happened to the MDA (or whatever the nom du jour this week) is an outrage. I haven't seen the language and really don't understand the situation other than I think you guys got screwed. I doubt that anyone expected Republic to buy MDA so maybe that's why there was no language to cover such an event. I am under the impression a grievance was filed on your behalf due to a dispute in change of ownership. I might be wrong about that, but do look into it.

Believe it or not, not all senior F/A's have rotten attitudes, nor do all junior F/A's have good ones. Many years ago when I was hired, as soon as I got on the line, I was told I was "the summer help" and could expect to be furloughed in September. I was so worried I went to my supervisor and asked if that rumor was true. She vigoriously denied it. Two days later, I got my furlough notice in the U.S. mail. She had to have known they were being sent out.

What do you think we, as fellow flight attendants, can do to support you? Have you looked into Duty of Fair Representation? Have you considered not submitting an application for Republic? If enough MDA F/A's didn't, it certainly would put a monkey wrench in the works, don't you think?

I want to see all USAirways back on the line, flying under USAirways colors as soon as possible. Give Teddy a call and let her know how you feel and see what she has to say. I am certain she is not at all happy about the whole situation.

Best of luck to you.

Dea

Dea,

Thank you for your support. I appologize for submitting to the senior/junior stereotype. The fact is, some MDA F/As came back to work just three weeks ago and were told in training that they could expect a "name change only." Now that they are here (and have already promised that they would fulfill a minimum 90 day work obligation or lose all mainline recall rights), they are trapped. Teddy is aware of this and doesn't seem concerned. Bobbie (the MDA CHR) basically feels there is nothing she can do. As a senior MDA F/A, you can just imagine how frustrating it is to see so many bitter and evil mainline flight attendants when I would kill for the chance to be back there. One thing I can say about the MDA F/A group is that they all desperately want to be flight attendants and are there by choice, not out of obligation.

I will look into the things you mentioned. Again, thanks for your support! Fly Safely.

:)

ItsNotThatSerious said:
The US Airways AFA MEC Chairwoman cares NOTHING for the interests of MidAtlantic flight attendants and relies on Bobbie "I don't know my own butt from a whole in the ground" Riggle to do her cow-towing to the company.  The AFA likes to throw around the phrase "contractual language", but yet there is no published copy of the MidAtlantic agreement in its entirety!  I guess if they had not wasted half a year negotiating a "flow-through" for the Pittsburgh dinosaurs (which clearly none of them wanted in the first place), perhaps then we would have a copy.  It then occurs to me that the AFA is more concerned with protecting the "rights" of senior, bad attitude employees who do nothing but further tarnish the US Airways image, than it does in protecting the junior employees who are being sold down the river at MidAtlantic.  Are people aware that MidAtlantic is being sold and with it, our furloughed employees are not guaranteed seniority, pay, or ANYTHING?  We would not have come to work for MidAtlantic if we had known we wouldn't have AFA representation (we are SUPPOSED to, but we are the proverbial "forgotten red headed stepchild").  The AFA needs to step up to the plate and protect ALL of her members, not just the ones in Crapsburgh.  Contractual language or no contractual language, as a member in good standing, I demand the AFA fight for what is right!
[post="283900"][/post]​

You are a DISGRACE!

Pittsburgh dinosuars?? I believe you are discriminating against senior fa/s.

Guess what? You do not have my attention!!!

Your reputation precedes you being you just received a recall on to MAA, what is it? Less than a month, pray tell? :down:

PITbull said:
You are a DISGRACE!

Pittsburgh dinosuars?? I believe you are discriminating against senior fa/s.

Guess what? You do not have my attention!!!

Your reputation precedes you being you just received a recall on to MAA, what is it? Less than a month, pray tell? :down:
[post="283933"][/post]​

Oh pitbull calm down, The people that were called back just recently were given falsified information, lied too and quite frankly given the complete run around by the company for padding of people giving notices, this was a valid opinion it just seems that you can't handle the truth - unfortunately! We all know why Riggle is where she is and so do you - but if that portrays our representation it is no wonder we are in the mess we are in....... I fly mainline all the time and I can't tell you the negative attitude - nasty uniforms - tasteless presence I receive it makes me sick. We have a right to whats entitled to ass and my money every month isn't for Bobbie and her bag of chips - B/C what we have received isn't all that and it sure isn't that bag of chips she has been eating!!!!!!!! She is unprofessional and wuite frankly rude to everyone and this is honesty and experience speaking not based on WOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goodgirl37 said:
Oh pitbull calm down, The people that were called back just recently were given falsified information, lied too and quite frankly given the complete run around by the company for padding of people giving notices, this was a valid opinion it just seems that you can't handle the truth - unfortunately! We all know why Riggle is where she is and so do you - but if that portrays our representation it is no wonder we are in the mess we are in....... I fly mainline all the time and I can't tell you the negative attitude - nasty uniforms - tasteless presence I receive it makes me sick. We have a right to whats entitled to ass and my money every month isn't for Bobbie and her bag of chips - B/C what we have received isn't all that and it sure isn't that bag of chips she has been eating!!!!!!!! She is unprofessional and wuite frankly rude to everyone and this is honesty and experience speaking not based on WOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[post="283939"][/post]​

excuse me us and quite

there goes my COUNTRY GRAMMAR - AINT THAT JUST A MESS YA'LL

goodgirl37 said:
Oh pitbull calm down,   The people that were called back just recently were given falsified information,  lied too and quite frankly given the complete run around by the company for padding of people giving notices,  this was a valid opinion it just seems that you can't handle the truth - unfortunately!   We all know why Riggle is where she is and so do you -  but if that portrays  our representation it is no wonder we are in the mess we are in.......   I fly mainline all the time and I can't tell you the negative attitude -  nasty uniforms -  tasteless presence  I receive it makes me sick.  We have a  right to whats entitled to ass and my money every month isn't for Bobbie and her bag of chips -  B/C  what we have received isn't all that and it sure isn't that bag of chips she has been eating!!!!!!!!   She is unprofessional and wuite frankly rude to everyone and this is honesty and experience speaking not based on WOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[post="283939"][/post]​

Calm I am.

If you were on the INVOL list and were not either on the MEC E-line or PIT E-line, then you are definitely clueless and in the dark. I shouldn't have to rehash hx. We have experienced 2 BK, 3 concessions, furloughs, displacments, downsizing, contract violations, and now a merger, and you are looking for exactly what truth????

Get educated and read the damn e-lines. You wouldn't be kicking yourself all over the place for going to MAA if you read. In 90 days you can quit and be back on INVOL list. This way you don't have to blame anyone continually for your plight and your dues will stop.

If you haven't noticed, Bobbi is in the same spot all MAA f/as are in, and her future is the same as yours. The INVOL list has 1700 fa/s. You could either had remained on that list or taken the job as you obviously had. If you feel you were decieved, then in 90 days, you can call it quits and go back on the list and still have recall rights.

However, if you prefer no union, no dues...just go to Republic Airways, they have what you want.

PITbull said:
Calm I am.

If you were on the INVOL list and were not either on the MEC E-line or PIT E-line, then you are definitely clueless and in the dark. I shouldn't have to rehash hx. We have experienced 2 BK, 3 concessions, furloughs, displacments, downsizing, contract violations, and now a merger, and you are looking for exactly what truth????

Get educated and read the damn e-lines. You wouldn't be kicking yourself all over the place for going to MAA if you read. In 90 days you can quit and be back on INVOL list. This way you don't have to blame anyone continually for your plight and your dues will stop.

If you haven't noticed, Bobbi is in the same spot all MAA f/as are in, and her future is the same as yours. The INVOL list has 1700 fa/s. You could either had remained on that list or taken the job as you obviously had. If you feel you were decieved, then in 90 days, you can call it quits and go back on the list and still have recall rights.

However, if you prefer no union, no dues...just go to Republic Airways, they have what you want.
[post="283949"][/post]​

Well thanks for the advice, and we know that our union did fight for the furloughed f/a's however what we are getting now is yet another swift kick in the butt! The question was apparently asked on the first day of training and the folks in the class were given falsified info. Just a tough bite to chew after giving up so much..... It makes me ill not only b/c it affects me but like you said it affects so many other people that are worse off than I am... It saddens me!

Tell your "notsoserious" pal that there NEVER was longevity for pay purposes. Whether MAA stayed on for eons or just 1 year, there was never the longevity for pay upon return to mainline, what would make you think that another carrier would include that?

That was written in the FIRST ratified agreement. reiterated in the second and argued during the MAA negotiations again.

With regard to Republic Airways, that's their deal. The only provisions negotiated for the Involuntary furloughed f/as who took a job with MAA is what is "known".

No one planned, or incorporated provisions that would force another carrier (if sold) to take the f/as and give them longevity for pay purposes. And no provision forced a new carrier who pruchased MAA to slot you in and not go through a hiring process. That is not what AFA can dictate to another carrier that is not AFA.

What do you think AFA can do? This is not the Bewitch show? If we had that kind of leverage in this environment, don't you think we would have forced improvements for mainline during every concession? I don't think they would have referred to it as "concessions".

The only thing the MAA MEC President Riggle can do now is work the best deal possible for those f/as who stay on until all the planes are at REpublic Airways. Those who have enough time at MAA can collect their severance and then unemployment, which by the way furlough is happening to 400 f/as at mainline on Sept. 1, which is almost double the f/as at MAA. Guess how much notice they got? 45 days.

ItsNotThatSerious said:
[post="283900"][/post]​
NotsoSerious.....
A couple of pointers:
First, to say that the MAA Chair cares nothing about the MAA f/a's....hello????? The MAA "Chair" as you call it, is a MAA F/A too. Whatever happens to you, happens to her. If you only get $2000.00, she only gets $2000.00. If you get furloughed, she gets furloughed. Do you get it? Or are you really that dumb?

"Are people aware that MidAtlantic is being sold and with it, our furloughed employees are not guaranteed seniority, pay, or ANYTHING?", is your question.....

Are YOU aware that the company has the Authority, since they do own and pay for the planes and all, to SELL MIDATLANTIC or any portion of US Airways as they see fit? It's kind of hard to fight for and negotiate WHAT YOU NEVER HAD.

You need to fix yourself a big tall drink of reality.

Latest posts