AFW MRO

Oct 9, 2003
Heard from a good source that AFW will no longer be working on AA aircraft in the near future. Rumor is: All heavy AA 767 C-checks are going to MCI,light AA C-checks will be done at DWH. The 777 line is apparently going to Tulsa. AFW will be MRO for other airlines only.

Just what is this "good source" or are you just trying to spread rumors ( as i suspect)

Not sure PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH.
I've been hearing "AA closure" rumors about AFW for years.
I think thats all they are .... just rumors

Not sure PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH.
I've been hearing "AA closure" rumors about AFW for years.
I think thats all they are .... just rumors

A buddy of mine is based at AFW and he says that is the BUZZ there. AA wants all third party work to be done in one facility. This way it is totally dedicated to the customer.

DWH is the old Delta Hangar at DFW. It has the facilites and size of AFW if you leave the Taesl buildings out.

Sounds feasible -- between the DL hangars and the ones previously used by Chrysler for C-141 mods, there's probably more than enough bay space. It would also save a lot of ferry fuel and crew time.

Does AFW have a single-city status with DFW?

Sounds feasible -- between the DL hangars and the ones previously used by Chrysler for C-141 mods, there's probably more than enough bay space. It would also save a lot of ferry fuel and crew time.

Does AFW have a single-city status with DFW?

If you're talking about single-city (co-terminal) status for crews the answer is no.
If a crew ferries an acft from DFW to AFW they get paid 5.00 hrs for doing so.
DFW and DAL are co-terminals. A ferry flt between those two cities would only pay 2.00 hrs.

Heard from a good source that AFW will no longer be working on AA aircraft in the near future. Rumor is: All heavy AA 767 C-checks are going to MCI,light AA C-checks will be done at DWH. The 777 line is apparently going to Tulsa. AFW will be MRO for other airlines only.
<_< ------- Princess, as far as I know, at this point in time, we're getting "one" line of 767 "light" "C" checks back. Although, it seems the first 767 turns out to be a "heavy" check. No other talk about adding additional lines. With all the work coming in here, now, they'd need to recall a lot more people. As far as space,----- We'd have to do some major shuffling, but we probably could add a couple more lines.

And in the mean time, the local 567 vp is making a play on DWH and turning it into the new AFW-E. Yeah he spent some serious local 567 members cash distributing a color printed copy of his bootlicking presentation to management behind his members backs. At least a hundred of these presentations were dropped off at DFW by his inside mole at DWH. Misappropiating dues money comes to mind when an officer of a local does something like this. :shock:

And in the mean time, the local 567 vp is making a play on DWH and turning it into the new AFW-E. Yeah he spent some serious local 567 members cash distributing a color printed copy of his bootlicking presentation to management behind his members backs. At least a hundred of these presentations were dropped off at DFW by his inside mole at DWH. Misappropiating dues money comes to mind when an officer of a local does something like this. :shock:
<_< ------- Is this the same V.P. that wrote that nasty letter to the Presidents of the Locals at TUL, and MCI?

If you're talking about single-city (co-terminal) status for crews the answer is no.
If a crew ferries an acft from DFW to AFW they get paid 5.00 hrs for doing so.
DFW and DAL are co-terminals. A ferry flt between those two cities would only pay 2.00 hrs.
Only if that is the only leg they are doing that day, I would hope AA plans better. :rolleyes:
If they tag it to the end of a day's flying, you get actual flying time only. If it is mid-sequence there is no ground deadhead pay as you get transported to your hotel. If it is at the end of a sequence you do get ground deadhead pay back to airport of origination.