Air Canada, Westjet & Jetsgo

Kyle

Senior
Aug 18, 2002
www.usaviation.com
WestJet announced its traffic statistics for January 2004 today, featuring a 53.1% increase in revenue passenger miles to 467,331,777, up from 305,219,777 in January 2003. (Full Story)

Jetsgo will more than double the size of its fleet with the purchase of 18 Fokker 100s from American Airlines. (Full Story)

Air Canada today announced that Airbus A319 aircraft will replace the Boeing 737-200 fleet operated by its low cost subsidiary, ZIP, consistent with its restructuring plan to streamline operations by eliminating older, less efficient fleets. (Full Story)

Seems the discounts are growing quickly and have good expectations for the coming months and years. Air Canada seems to be trying to hold on and compete with the recent transfer of more aircraft to Zip.

Where do you think it is all going to lead? Is there room for three discount carriers?

It would be nice to hope so Kyle, however when we look at the history of airlines in Canada you get a little less positive.

Reverend Charles.... Oh ..no I did not have any devine intelligence communicated to me. :D

I can't beleive that Jetsgo will survive particularily with LeBlanc at the helm. this is just a reenactment of Royal Airlines. The Mds can't efficiently fly the routes in Canda from East to West and the F100 is not the greatest Regional aircraft particularily with Fokker out of business. I would guess that the lease deal on hte 100s is cheap cheap cheap but I can't think that this is anymore than wishfull thinking.

WJ seems to be stable but their move into the US is cautious with only a few destinations based on seasonal dmeand.

AC - who knows with Robert (don't call me Bob) Milton at the helm. A lot of unhappy vendors probably will not be so quick to extend them any deals or credit
Just my $.02 worth

Depends on the conomy more than anything.

Leblanc made $80 million on Royal so he certainly isn't stupid!

The MD's have no problem flying the coasts. Only occasioanly, with full loads and very high westerly winds does it have difficulty making yyz-van.

WJ's move from YHM to YYZ, it foray into the US and into Eastern Canada are moves made to compete with Jetsgo and AC and utilize incoming aircraft. So they are certainly 'concerned' about JGO and its ability to compete.

If both companies are careful, grow strategically and don't get too greedy I think they can both survive in a growing economy. The real test will come during the next downturn !!!

I never said that LeBlanc was stupid - I leave that to the geniuses at C3K that bought Royal from him. I just think that he seems to be able to pull $$$ out of investors but seems to make out personally. Where is Obadia when we really need him <_<

Just had some friends fly on JetsGo - it didn't Go-- at least for a few hrs

I've flown Jetsgo and had quite a good experience. I've had good experiences with Air Canada too, but that didn't stop them from cancelling and delaying flights either.

I don't think these singular events should be used as a basis for determining the success of an airline.

The first 5 or 6 flights I had on Westjet were terrible, but on the whole I consider them quite a success story.

And speaking of Air Canada....I see they are still urinating away tons of coin. How much longer until the plug is pulled? I bet the creditors will be much more inclined to do it if the industry continues to stabilize and with more and more carriers enting the market.

I just hope Air Canada stays around through the summer, long enough for me to use up my Aeroplan miles during vacation....

Geez #####, you used to just gush about how much better WestJet was than Air Canada..

Did you forget about the Blue team??? :oops:

Geez #####, you used to just gush about how much better WestJet was than Air Canada..

The first 5 or 6 flights I had on Westjet were terrible, but on the whole I consider them quite a success story.

I've been on Westjet flights many many times since those 5 or 6 flights during their introduction to Canada and I base my observations on that.

Did I miss something? I thought my statements were quite clear. Is Westjet better than Air Canada? Not from the perspective of customer satisfaction, and I never said they were. In previous threads I stated they ran their business much better than Air Canada.

I sure loved buying their stock 4 years ago :D :D

And not buying AC B)

They're ok in my book

#####, you used to rant about the evils of Air Canada... Being an ex Blue team member you were quite bitter about them.. Don't you remember??

You're very good at reminding others of their previous comments, maybe you should remember yours.. :prop:

twotter,

It's quite easy to make a statement like "#####, you used to rant about the evils of Air Canada" just to make me look bad, when you take my comments out of context. Just as Graunch1 did in his last post.

I'm not going to argue back and forth using your ridiculous style of debate where you throw out a general idea presented by me completely out of context. I have said nothing contradictory, nor have I stated Westjet is worse than Air Canada.

In your last post, when you spoke of me, you stated;

You're very good

Thanks. And remember when graunch1 said;

LeBlanc was stupid

Now try to understand that your comments about me are worthless when taken out of context.

When it comes to taking things out of context #####, we can all learn from you in that department...

I guess that brings to mind the old saying about the pot calling the kettle black...

At least I will answer your allegations head on.. Instead of running for cover and trying to change the subject to try and cover previous hypocracy...

Can you provide an example? I very much doubt it. Again, its very easy to chip away at someone's credibility if you aren't burdened with providing proof.

Give it a rest. Pick on someone else to obsess over...

As you well know, the previous site has closed and therefore is not available to quote. (Kinda handy for you isn't it) I'm sure others on here will also remember your angry tirades against Air Canada, how they had screwed you and all the other Blue team members...
Give it a rest. Pick on someone else to obsess over...
It is not me who seems obsessed, you like to come in and hijack threads on this board and turn them into p*ssing matches. I just refuse to put up with your crap.. Everyone on this board pretty much gets along until one person shows up with his unwanted drivel... THAT WOULD BE YOU!!! :censored: Nobody wants to hear what you have to say .... You have the uncanny ability to p*ss people off, you attempt to demean anyone you interact with, you are plain and simply not wanted here..
YOU DO NOT ADD ANYTHING OF USE OR INTEREST TO THIS BOARD
The only good thing about having you on here is that it gives the rest of us a good look at what we don't want to become!! :jerry: Yes, it is kinda like watching the Jerry Springer show, reading your crap makes the rest of us realise that no matter how bad things seem, we could be you... Which of course makes us feel much better about our lives.. For this one and only reason we do thank you.. Other than that it would be nice for you to go sniff some more solder fumes... :up:

ps, it's hard to chip away at your credibility when you have none...

As you well know, the previous site has closed and therefore is not available to quote. (Kinda handy for you isn't it) I'm sure others on here will also remember your angry tirades against Air Canada, how they had screwed you and all the other Blue team members...

What on earth do my angry tirades against Air Canada's unfair business practices have to do with any comments about their service?

Everyone on this board pretty much gets along until one person shows up with his unwanted drivel...

Take a quick inventory. YOU are the instigator. I can't help it if you feel embarassed over what you have done in the past, and I am powerless to control you even though you continue to break the rules of the forum and the advise of the administrators.

You continually draw my name into threads I don't even post to. How on earth can you translate that into ME pissing people off? Why don't you spend your time writing about something useful rather than rant about me and what you THINK I said?

twotter, you need some serious therapy for this compulsive obessive behaviour.

Latest posts