Air France-klm Merger

Reminder: this board does not care a hoot about foreign carriers. There's got to be outrage sir, yes outrage for a thread to survive.

AF & KL combining will present some intrigue and will be good for the industry and flying public. I just wish they could avoid Alitalia altogether! This skyteam alliance does have carriers who are very sensitive to the freight revenue potential.

Plus this new alliance will be able to scoop lotsa new pax once US & UA disappear.

Yes, unlike the US, where the largest airline could remove a major competitor from the market upon a nod from politicians, the EU will conduct an antitrust probe. Then again, the consolidation in the airline industry seems inevitable. I have no doubt that the AF-KLM merger will be approved in the end. And there will be more. The British Airways and Iberia BOD's already met for dinner the other day, and a Norwegian newspaper has been speculating about a Lufthansa bid for SAS.
Btw, the French government will further reduce its share in the airline - for the time being down to 20%. As a shareholder, you would not want anybody to dump 40% of the shares on the market in one lump, would you? Neither do the French.

PHX Flyer - Is it assumed that the City of Phoenix Aviation Department is working hard at getting AF into PHX?

@AA191:

Yes, Sky Harbor officials have repeatedly stated in public that they were very interested in establishing a nonstop airlink to Paris. Obviously, Air France would be the only plausible candidate to operate that flight.

I remember the $1 Million and extras given to BA to come in in July of 1996

But having AF or KL at PHX would be nice!

Latest posts