Air Wisconsin Moving Hub From Appleton

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Air Wisconsin moving hub from Appleton

By making an investment in US Airways, Air Wisconsin will be able to leverage more power and received rights to fly its regional flights,â€￾ said Bill Hochmuth, a Minneapolis-based analyst with Thrivent Investment Management.

As a United carrier, Air Wisconsin currently has domiciles in Appleton, Denver, Chicago and Washington Dulles. Those sites will all close once the airliner stops flying for Chicago-based United. For Air Wisconsin’s pilots and flight crews, change will be in order.

“Starting in September, a third of the Appleton-based pilots will be moved out and by Oct. 1, the Appleton domicile will be closed,â€￾ said Carl Fleming, a Neenah resident who pilots jets for Air Wisconsin out of its Appleton hub., who added that the company has been open with its employees while it sorts out its financial future.

So far, Air Wisconsin has only announced two of its new hubs—Washington Reagan National and Philadelphia. “We’re waiting to see where the third one will be,â€￾ Fleming said.

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Yes I agree with light years, Air Whisky has NO hub in Appleton.

USA320Pilot said:
So far, Air Wisconsin has only announced two of its new hubs—Washington Reagan National and Philadelphia. “We’re waiting to see where the third one will be,â€￾ Fleming said.
[post="280342"][/post]​

Rumor is that the third Air Wisconsin crew base will be ORF. (What that means for the Piedmont base at ORF, who knows.)

That's too bad...ATW is a great part of the world.

By the way, for those keeping score at home, "Austin Straubel airport in Ashwaubenon" is also known as Green Bay (GRB)....

ringmaruf said:
Rumor is that the third Air Wisconsin crew base will be ORF. (What that means for the Piedmont base at ORF, who knows.)
[post="280411"][/post]​
WAS ON A ROAD TRIP N GOT TRAPPED IN PHL WHEN APPROACHED BY A AIR WISCONSIN MECH @ THE HOTEL IN THE MORNING. HE ASKED ME HOW IS PHL, BEEN HERE TWO DAYS W/ WIFE AND KID CHECKING OUT THE AREA TO RELOCATE . TOLD HIM HE JUST WASTED TWO DAYS ,ASKED HIM WHAT CHOICES WERE, HE SAID ORF, PHL, PIT AND I REPLIED ORF OR PIT PHL WOULD NOT BE AN OPTION

bisket1 said:
WAS ON A ROAD TRIP N GOT TRAPPED IN PHL WHEN APPROACHED BY A AIR WISCONSIN MECH @ THE HOTEL IN THE MORNING. HE ASKED ME HOW IS PHL, BEEN HERE TWO DAYS W/ WIFE AND KID CHECKING OUT THE AREA TO RELOCATE . TOLD HIM HE JUST WASTED TWO DAYS ,ASKED HIM WHAT CHOICES WERE, HE SAID ORF, PHL, PIT AND I REPLIED ORF OR PIT PHL WOULD NOT BE AN OPTION
[post="280606"][/post]​

Air Wis has postings for mechs on their website for an "East Coast" location. No city mentioned, but interesting none the less. Hire date listed as ASAP. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

deltawatch said:
Company has a hanger in ORF, belongs to Piedmont. They could sell it to Air Wisconsin.
[post="280428"][/post]​

Actually our hanger and maintenace base in ORF was closed long ago. The hanger is open for lease as it has been for over two years now.

We have only 3 hangars now (MDT, SBY, and ROA).

bisket1 said:
TOLD HIM HE JUST WASTED TWO DAYS ,ASKED HIM WHAT CHOICES WERE, HE SAID ORF, PHL, PIT AND I REPLIED ORF OR PIT PHL WOULD NOT BE AN OPTION

The guy was looking for advice on the area in general and you misled him by focusing on airport experiences. Did you provide him info on schools, cost of living, culture, etc.?

The PHL region, as a whole, isn't so bad at all. It's a prime location, geographically, situated close to the shore, DC, NYC and the Poconos. Moorestown, NJ (just 15 minutes over the bridge) was just rated the #1 place to live by Money magazine.

Relatively speaking, there are *MANY* areas within 30-45 minutes of PHL airport that are still very affordable. Especially in the area in NJ just over the Commodore Barry bridge (Swedesboro, Mullica Hill, Woolwich Township).

When you encounter nasty employees at the PHL airport, don't associate them with the rest of what the region has to offer. There are bad apples in every city.

Latest posts