delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers

January 12, 2004

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

Oral argument in US Airways’ appeal of Judge Cindrich’s injunction against the airline in the Airbus subcontracting dispute was heard today in Philadelphia by a panel of three judges from the Third Circuit Court of Appeals
The Machinists Union and US Airways each were allotted fifteen (15) minutes to argue our respective cases. IAM attorneys were present to support the injunction and defend our members’ rights under the Railway Labor Act. Our position remains simple and unchanged – this work must be performed by IAM members employed by US Airways in the carrier’s maintenance facilities, not in a cave in Alabama.

A decision from the Court of Appeals may take several weeks. Separately, CEO David Siegel last week publicly accused the unions at US Airways of refusing to discuss details of the company’s latest attempt at a business plan. The leadership of the Machinists Union has repeatedly notified US Airways’ management that we are committed to discussing plans to ensure the airline remains a viable
employer.

However, we will not participate in any discussions that would require changes to our collective bargaining agreements. The agreements in place today contain the concessions David Siegel told his employees, creditors and the bankruptcy court he needed to run a successful airline. The employees of US Airways have already provided David Siegel with all the tools he needs to build a competitive airline, and no further amount of employee sacrifice will reverse his failure.

Likewise, Siegel’s announcement that the carrier is looking to sell valuable assets, including the Shuttle operation and possibly a hub, is another example of his reaction to long-term problems with shortsighted solutions. This is certainly an extremely difficult time for all US Airways employees, but we believe that with talented leadership US Airways can survive and prosper.

We will continue to update the membership as events occur.

Sincerely and fraternally,

Scotty Ford
President/Directing General Chairman
IAM District Lodge 141M
Steve Ebert
General Chairman
IAM District Lodge 141M
William Freiberger
General Chairman
IAM District Lodge 141M
Anthony Giammarco
General Chairman
IAM District Lodge 141M
David Snyder
General Chairman
IAM District Lodge 141M
Tom Regan
Representative
IAM District Lodge 141M

The Appellate Court can take up to 60 days to render a decision the IAM believes we should hear something back in several weeks.

:down: IAM is only for the numbers in the big cities after the contracts are opened
look out if you are from a small city

28yearsnojob said:
:down: IAM is only for the numbers in the big cities after the contracts are opened
Your comments are accurate. We need a real union on property. Many of my fellow union brothers at the Pit hanger have given up on the IAM. I hate to admit this, but I support the company in outsourcing the airbus work if it means saving this company. The IAM must listen to Dave's plan and give it a chance. The unions must work with this management team.

Attachments

• AMFAlogo1.gif
    AMFAlogo1.gif
    21.9 KB · Views: 152
Wow, the outsourcing union speaks, something is rotten in Denmark.

Another bunch of wrong information posted.

QUOTE (28yearsnojob @ Jan 13 2004, 04:59 PM)
IAM is only for the numbers in the big cities after the contracts are opened

Your comments are accurate. We need a real union on property. Many of my fellow union brothers at the Pit hanger have given up on the IAM. I hate to admit this, but I support the company in outsourcing the airbus work if it means saving this company. The IAM must listen to Dave's plan and give it a chance. The unions must work with this management team.

Attached Image

--------------------

I have lost faith in my union.
Good one!

:down: IAM promised small cities mda if mainline pulled out. that did not happen
just a bunch of bull to get us to vote for the aug 2002 restructuring agreement
and then in dec of 2002 then amended it again and left out AVP BTV MEM STL,
ON THE OTHER HAND THE CWA GOT ALL THE CITIES AT THAT TIME MAINLINE EXPRESS CLASSIFICATIONS IF JETS WERE TO BE GONE. If you call that representation then i want all my union dues back plus interest ,I call it somebody made a deal, i dont know what they got but i do know a lot of people lost there jobs because of this great representation!

We need a real union on property. Many of my fellow union brothers at the Pit hanger have given up on the IAM. I hate to admit this, but I support the company in outsourcing the airbus work if it means saving this company. The IAM must listen to Dave's plan and give it a chance. The unions must work with this management team.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are so full of it and you know it…I work there everyday and no way is your gutless wonder statement accurate. You don’t have the gonads to make that statement on the hanger floors, just here incognito where you’re safe from the real world.

You are so full of it and you know it…I work there everyday and no way is your gutless wonder statement accurate. You don’t have the gonads to make that statement on the hanger floors, just here incognito where you’re safe from the real world.

Amen, brother

IAM promised small cities mda if mainline pulled out. that did not happen
just a bunch of bull to get us to vote for the aug 2002 restructuring agreement
and then in dec of 2002 then amended it again and left out AVP BTV MEM STL,
ON THE OTHER HAND THE CWA GOT ALL THE CITIES AT THAT TIME MAINLINE EXPRESS CLASSIFICATIONS IF JETS WERE TO BE GONE

Those cities were closed before the concession package of january 2003 was ratified.The IAM tried to get the company to include those staion in the Mainline Express classification but US Airways refused. If I'm not mistaken the Mainline Express classification was in the CWA contract of 1999.It was not added as part of the concession package.There are no MDA jobs because MDA does not exist other than on paper.