Airbus Work Farm Out

What should we do if the Airbus work is farmed out ?

• Stand up against it to the last person

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing let Dave have his way

• I don't care

• Total voters

Harry Callahan

Veteran
Sep 16, 2002
Your rearview mirror
Visit site
The Airbus work is ours. We have already lost way to much to this group. I feel we need to stand like never before. If we loose this & the jobs you do not want to think about what else is going to happen to the other jobs. Lets send Dave a message in this one.

Being the fact the IAM mislead me and all the other mechanics, by telling us the Airbus work was ours if we vote this one in. We have the strongest contract langauge in the industry.
The IAM will be lucky not to have a class action lawsuit on there hands
In reference to the question:
ALL OR NONE
Then AMFA hear we come!
Of course when the company shows up with the high dollar lawyers and the IAM shows up with a former knuckledragger with a finger up their nose.
Yea will show them, the fighting machinist!

Attachments

• iam1.jpg
    iam1.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 130
zone with your attitude you might as well bendover and grab your ankles and let dave give it to you.

The IAM never mislead anyone and the company never asked for concessions in regard to heavy maintenance, this is a blatant attempt by Dave and his gang of thieves to get more they we gave them.

If we dont stand up now and fight, you might as well take your tools and go home.

"We must hang together, or, most assuredly we shall all hang separately.
— Benjamin Franklin, July 4, 1776

I think we should all stand up and take this company back......unfortunatly I am furloughed at this point....but...I would still be there and I still am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I thought this was our company...we surely outnumber the upper management...why are we sitting around and not "really" doing something? Can someone please tell me????? I am "very" junior and furloughed....what can I do? :angry:

I do believe it's time to take the advice of two Great American Icons : Nancy Reagen & Twisted Sister.... Nancy said "JUST SAY NO !!!!!!!!!! :down: Twisted Sister simply said,, WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT !!!!!! OH NO, WE AIN'T GONNA TAKE IT !!!!!!! WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE !!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

What are you going to do when Dave buys off the International again? As in by offerinng the IAM control of the pensions for IAM members at US? After all, that is the big weakness at large unions, BOD seats and pension control. They'll kill their mothers for those. What are your chances the Airbus work will survive that?

I don't work done on any plane I have to fly in by some third-party who possibly doesn't have the training, skill or dedication to the company our mechanics do. I trust our guys and gals, no matter how they are feeling towards management at this time to keep me and my pax safe.

I will support them any way I can, I do not cross pickets lines.

This management team is doing an extremely poor job running this company. Our stats are falling like rocks, Jerry Glass alienates the employees, Ben B alienates our best customers and Dave doesn't seem to get it.

Dea

TDR1502C said:
What are you going to do when Dave buys off the International again? As in by offerinng the IAM control of the pensions for IAM members at US? After all, that is the big weakness at large unions, BOD seats and pension control. They'll kill their mothers for those. What are your chances the Airbus work will survive that?
I do believe there will be no bribes this time around... The IAM knows this is their last shot if they want to continue representing the mechanics and related.. I expect a fight to the finish if it becomes neccessary.

Dea Certe said:
I don't work done on any plane I have to fly in by some third-party who possibly doesn't have the training, skill or dedication to the company our mechanics do. I trust our guys and gals, no matter how they are feeling towards management at this time to keep me and my pax safe.

I will support them any way I can, I do not cross pickets lines.

This management team is doing an extremely poor job running this company. Our stats are falling like rocks, Jerry Glass alienates the employees, Ben B alienates our best customers and Dave doesn't seem to get it.

Dea
Dea, Thank you for your kind words and support !

insp89 said:
I do believe there will be no bribes this time around... The IAM knows this is their last shot if they want to continue representing the mechanics and related.. I expect a fight to the finish if it becomes neccessary.

What are the odds on that bet, given the IAM's track record?

Is the leper going to change it's spots? :eek:

TDR, you are wrong once again, we had the chance to have a supplimental pension with the IAM pension fund which is not controlled by the IAM, it is controlled by the IAM and the Companies that participate, the acturaries came back and said the mechanics pensions is too much so therefore we could not participate and stop posting what ifs, stick with the facts.

You were not at the meeting yesterday in regards to the Airbus farmout, I was, and we are going to defend our work with every legal means possible.

We are not NWA like you, where is your 85 point plan?

And sorry we dont have farmout language that is our contract like yours which is being violated, so keep grasping, and we all ready have a board seat.

Why don't you stick to the facts and worry about NWA and not US?

LAVMAN perhaps you didn't understand me.

I without question feel this is a strike issue. If the IAM had any guts they currently would be taking a strike vote so we are prepaired to walk out the door ASAP after they farm the first Airbus out!

I have no faith that our current union will win any court battle!

Attachments

• strike1.jpg
    strike1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 130
zonecontroller said:
LAVMAN perhaps you didn't understand me.

I without question feel this is a strike issue. If the IAM had any guts they currently would be taking a strike vote so we are prepaired to walk out the door ASAP after they farm the first Airbus out!

I have no faith that our current union will win any court battle!
zone...get your facts straight...there will be no strike vote...you will have no choice in this matter this time.if the contracts breached...under RLA its a major dispute...we have the right to walk....no vote required or needed...start preparing to strike now. :up: