Airline Codes

I am not sure about PSA, but if I recall correctly the code for Allegheny was AL, and they used AL for quite a while as US Air until a deal was brokered with the government to get US.

This is only to the best of my recollection but I think it went something like that.

Could PSA have been PS?

I am not sure about PSA, but if I recall correctly the code for Allegheny was AL, and they used AL for quite a while as US Air until a deal was brokered with the government to get US.

This is only to the best of my recollection but I think it went something like that.

Could PSA have been PS?

I believe it was PS.Something that you might find interesting: The ALPA Code for USAirways is AAA. ALL AMERICAN AIRWAYS. Go figure.

As a veteran of using codes from SABRE in the late 80s/early 90s, I can confirm that the old code for US post PI merger was AL until sometime in the early 90s when it became US.

Yes, tickets did have PS marked on them as the operating carrier....but why does my brain keep telling me that the code was OO? AirCal was OC and I'd swear that PSA was OO, but I won't bet the farm on it.

Actually, AL changed it's code to US many years prior to the Merger with PI. It was in the early 80's sometime I believe. I still remember some of the advertising that I got a kick out of, which read.....AL becomes US..... :blink: