Airline of Choice; Reliability Convenience Appearance

Mr. Quade

Jan 24, 2008
Phx
Visit site
This new slogan or approach by the company for new year is beyond me. This company continues to ask it's emloyees to step up in all aspects of their job. And 'we' do.

Take care of the customers. That's all 'they' say and print for "US" to read and hear.

Parker needs to realize that for his dream to come true; PAY ALL of the employees a 'standard industry wage' and he would make more than he is making at the moment. Which is way to much!!!! Think about that...

This, take care of the customer is annoying.. If you want any of "US" to come in and make a difference then PAY US.

So why I started this; Is who cares if the planes look good and have a nice paint job...Somehow we ended up #1 for on-time performance. But who cares if the paint is cool and the cabin looks great, if they passengers are still missing there bags???

This on-time thing was a ONE TIME accomplisment in my eyes.

So I have ranted and raved let's get some feedback.

You bring up many good issues, but they are all separate from each other.

You deserve fair pay.

Planes should look good.

Flights should be on time.

Service should be good.

Bags shouldn't get lost.

I'm a chronic optimist. I see the recent improvements as a sign that things are really moving in the right direction. Looks that way to me.

I agree that wages must be improved at Airways, but I also feel like I don't want to work for a company on the bottom of the list anymore!!! :down: :down: I think we should all do our part to bring our company up just for our own pride and dignity with our friends, neighbors, public, it was bad enough inheriting a name that was already on skid row, :down: now lets try to bring it up and keep pushing for more money :up: :up: My husband was getting jabs taken at him whle watching the super bowl and nobody wants to live like that. But i'm a firm believe that more money doesn't necessarily make it better.

But i'm a firm believe that more money doesn't necessarily make it better.

Perhaps just a bit more Koolaide then? :blink:

The DOT stats and public perceptions of this operation haven't evolved from a suddenly inept work force, nor one that doesn't, for the most part, do it's best even in the face of managerial sabotoge. That overall morale's in the sewer isn't by the employees' choosing. As for "inheriting a name that was already on skid row"? Ask Tempe's elite..they chose to do such, and could have called it anything. Pride and dignity are personal issues. You're far more than who you work for, or what you do here. I'd suggest not letting this place get you down.

Have a good one.

You bring up many good issues, but they are all separate from each other.
No they are not. They are intertwined.

You deserve fair pay.
1. You deserve what you negotiate. If you run a fair negotiation, you will get a fair wage.

Planes should look good.

2. Pride has a lot to do with how one is compensated. Verbal assurances as a part of a pay package are easily broken and like bounced paychecks, quickly lead to "it is only a job" mentality, death to an industry that demands the oil of employee caring attitude to function in an efficient manner.

Flights should be on time.

See #2.

Service should be good.

See #2.

Bags shouldn't get lost.

See #2.

I'm a chronic optimist. I see the recent improvements as a sign that things are really moving in the right direction. Looks that way to me.

One can easily procure really good drugs these days, right across the border for cheap, I see, because at these wages, one could not afford anything half as good in the states. :shock:

We are getting paid bonuses everytime we achieve a goal in a specific performance category. There is also the quarterly Above & Beyond program.

We are getting paid bonuses everytime we achieve a goal in a specific performance category. There is also the quarterly Above & Beyond program.
Your joking I hope, a 50 dollar bonus after they took a 46% paycut from us and our pension and lost vacation and paying way more for lousy healthcare. GO HAVE ANOTHER KOOLAID WITH DOUG!!! I'll do better when I'm paid better.

I hope it works out for my friends at US, but for most of us customers it's too little too late.

Bonuses are nice, but you are due a FAIR wage--the industry's lowest wage has resulted in the industry's lowest customer satisfaction.

Rather than pay bonuses for doing their jobs, why not give them a raise?

I am sorry but this is just the high cost of cheap rearing its head again.

Luvthe9
I agree 100%. If the employees were given fair treatment and an industry standard wage the bonus would not be necessary. We know how to do our jobs and do them well but what kind of incentive is there to go above and beyond.

I don't want this to be taken the wrong way but who cares about the $50., after taxes maybe a tank of gas at best. PAY us fair wages & benefits. Do that & see what will really happen. Also learn how to treat your employees with dignity & respect.

We have the people in place to make this the best airline in the country. The most valuable asset this company has is not the aircraft or any other tangible asset. It is the people on the front lines. People who come to work day after day and are here for the long term.

Your joking I hope, a 50 dollar bonus after they took a 46% paycut from us and our pension and lost vacation and paying way more for lousy healthcare. GO HAVE ANOTHER KOOLAID WITH DOUG!!! I'll do better when I'm paid better.

Complain to your union rep....it IS what it IS...unfortunately. We do have a choice to NOT work here, but we continue to do so. I'm not serving up any KOOLAID, this is the reality of the business and corporate america in general, my friend. Does that mean I have to like it or agree with it? NO. We all know our respective unions caved in to company demands during the second bankruptcy and I certainly did not agree with it, but the majority vote did, so do I have a choice? Well, yes, of course I can QUIT and find something else to do after 24 years...but to me that wasn't practical, so I chose to ride it thru and make the best of it.

A happy employee is one that is paid a FAIR wage and treated with respect by their employer. We have NEITHER of that here at US Airways. Management wants to have us all sitting around singing praise and jumping on the band wagon. Well you will never have a Southwest Airlines feel around here until you ACT like their management and get a clue. I make "US" fly.....yeah our paychecks make "US" fly. :rolleyes: Though a nice gesture the $50.00 comes a little short of what we lost and what we ALL deserve.

This, take care of the customer is annoying.. If you want any of "US" to come in and make a difference then PAY US.
If taking care of customers is annoying, you need to find a new job, and you are PAID every 2 weeks, get over it or move on. Any of us who have been around more than a few years have taken pay and bennie cuts, and the new hires knew exactly what they were getting paid when they were hired. That's right folks, at the end of the day we all decided to stick it out at lower wages and hope for the best. As this merged airline moves forward, it is becoming apparent to all of us that some may have made a mistake by not moving on. The company is not going to change their business model and budget just because we feel we have been screwed during the BK's and merger. That, my friends, is reality. And Mr. Quade, sorry to flame you, I really don't believe you think customers are annoying, but customers shouldn't be a part of our infighting with the company. "Punishing" the customer with poor service is not the answer. When we read the threads on these boards from our FF's, it is apparent that their perception of us is that we view the customer and their issues as an "annoyance". That is the real reason this company may be doomed, not fuel, not labor, poor customer perception. Tempe knows this, and it is the reason for the propaganda campaign.

Latest posts