Airline rankings

jenny@nw

Veteran
Feb 20, 2006
pacific nw
Airline rankings
May 16, 2006

• In poll, NWA is last airline
Overall, customers are not happy with the quality of service. Here are the airlines' scores on a 100-point scale.

Airline 2006 score % change
INDUSTRY 65 Down 1.5%
Southwest 74 No change
Continental 67 Down 4.3%
Delta 64 Down 1.5%
United 63 Up 3.3%
American 62 Down 3.1%
US Airways 62 Up 8.8%
Northwest 61 Down 4.7%
Source: American Customer Satisfaction Index

oh PTO, here is the proof that you so very desperately seek about why NWA is the worst airline. Had scabs like you never been hired, and had Scab Air never had scabs, I have to wonder if this last place would have been like this today.

Proof of what? That Scabs can run neck and neck with the Union Majors? Check out American that is sad for a union company isn't it? What about US Airways? If the Scabs hadn't come along they would still be sucking hind tit. You guys really should have learned by now not to post stats for proof of concept. Stats change so be careful, just ask Hackman. :lol: :lol:

Proof of what? That Scabs can run neck and neck with the Union Majors? Check out American that is sad for a union company isn't it? What about US Airways? If the Scabs hadn't come along they would still be sucking hind tit. You guys really should have learned by now not to post stats for proof of concept. Stats change so be careful, just ask Hackman. :lol: :lol:
Scab CANT run neck and neck with UNIONS Majors. In fact, NWA SHODDY MAINTAINCE speaks for itself along with those emergency landings and at least one aborted take off. The stats show that NWA is DEAD LAST.. THAT sure is a FLAWLESS plan that ol dougie's got going on there. why would Hackman put false info up anyways? it may be that you cant stand the truth which is what hackman has posted

Airline rankings
May 16, 2006

• In poll, NWA is last airline
Overall, customers are not happy with the quality of service. Here are the airlines' scores on a 100-point scale.

Airline 2006 score % change
INDUSTRY 65 Down 1.5%
Northwest 61 Down 4.7%
Source: American Customer Satisfaction Index

Jenny did you read that article? nwa still has the press in their pockets. They found "a" passenger that thought the service was fine. They couldn't argue the numbers so they found the guy who was on the only on time flight of the day to interview. Pathetic.

Jenny did you read that article? nwa still has the press in their pockets. They found "a" passenger that thought the service was fine. They couldn't argue the numbers so they found the guy who was on the only on time flight of the day to interview. Pathetic.
Oh I read it. It is just to make it appear it is a balanced story.

You are exactly right on that the NW has the press in their pockets. Those stories they ran in August were just retarded. JMHO. Comparing WN and NW like if they were the same company? Then spotlighting MX that are making like $10/hr now? Oh puuuuuuuuullllease. There are jobs out there if you look.

One thing I Love about the press...HOW COME they know when we are getting laid off before WE DO? :shock:
Loved it back in October when my neighbors found out they are getting laid off on the 5 o clock news.
:down:

So tell me 'Cods, isn't this where you whine, cry, and squeal like a beeytich that I'm not posting positive :rolleyes: stats about Scab Air? Keep waiting....I'm trying to find a positive scab story, but I'm fresh out at present. :huh:

Things change, very true 'Cods. However one fact that will not change is Scab Air is tanking, and scabs better step up a whole lot more. A 4.7% slip is a bad news for the SUPERscabs like you 'Cods. :ph34r:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/060517/1289494.html?.v=3

Wow :shock: :shock: :shock:

.......and they want to cut FAs down even more???

Well their maintenance is in the tank why not CS???
I have two comments about this issue.

1) The margin of error on this study is 2-3 points which suggests that UA, AA, DL, US and NW were all statistically in the same boat, per the excerpt below from a Pioneer Press article. Again, I know you guys love to harp on bad news for NW, but you're also backhandedly throwing stones at all of the other airlines that had a statistically equal score.

Continental received a 67; Delta, 64; United, 63, American and US Airways, 62 each, and Northwest, 61.

A difference of two or three points is not significant, given the survey's margin of error, said Fornell

2) Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't a customer service survey a reflection of the professionalism, competence, and courtesy of our front-line ground, reservation, and inflight personnel? On-time statistics show NW towards the top of the heap in 2005, so we know it can't be driven purely by on-time/operational issues. I guess it seems like everyone that is piling on as a result of these survey results are in essence criticizing the performance and professionalism of the front-line people that you are supposed to represent. If these people are truly professionals, labor/managament disputes shouldn't lead to poor customer service, should it?

If these people are truly professionals, labor/managament disputes shouldn't lead to poor customer service, should it?

I would bet the other way...NW is suffering from poor customer service because of labor/mgmt. disputes. Couple this with the constant psychological warfare the company wages with it's work groups and policies that contradict the very mission statement of NWA, and you have a recipe for being dead last.

that is so true Kev. It was like that at US during both stints of Ch11, but I think it went worse during the second as more CH7 threats and then the outsourcing all took a severe toll on US

I would bet the other way...NW is suffering from poor customer service because of labor/mgmt. disputes. Couple this with the constant psychological warfare the company wages with it's work groups and policies that contradict the very mission statement of NWA, and you have a recipe for being dead last.
I tuess that doesn't square with me. Why does a dispute between mgmt/labor necessarily drive labor to treat customers poorly? Why can't that dispute just stay between mgmt and labor? Why is there not a professionalism amongst the labor groups that would allow them to compartmentalize their job duties from the other items? I truly do not understand the mindset of an individual that would treat a customer poorly because they are upset with their boss.

I tuess that doesn't square with me. Why does a dispute between mgmt/labor necessarily drive labor to treat customers poorly? Why can't that dispute just stay between mgmt and labor? Why is there not a professionalism amongst the labor groups that would allow them to compartmentalize their job duties from the other items? I truly do not understand the mindset of an individual that would treat a customer poorly because they are upset with their boss.

I don't think there is ever any malicious intent. It seems to me that over time for most people it gets harder and harder to keep caring.