Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KSUpilot

Jun 6, 2006
Which one do you like better, the old tan and green color scheme or the new white and green color scheme?

Not that my opinion counts for anything (I work for US and with FL making money and growing who cares about the livery), but I just can't get too fond of the new livery. It's not the colors - it's the green rising toward the front that I don't like. For that reason and that reason only, I like the old livery better.

Jim

Not that my opinion counts for anything (I work for US and with FL making money and growing who cares about the livery), but I just can't get too fond of the new livery. It's not the colors - it's the green rising toward the front that I don't like. For that reason and that reason only, I like the old livery better.

Jim
I remember when the first bird came from Boeing and it was the first 737 with the new livery. We all thought, NFW, the 717 will look like crap with Blue engines. At first we hated it and even told the VP who came up with the scheme our thoughts, which did not go over well. :lol: As time went, it seemed to grow on us and IMHO, the Beige looked terrible as it fades to fast. I have to agree with Jim about the nose.... makes it look like a boat or fish. But hey, we made a few coins this Quarter so I'm cool with it. :up:

I'm with the above posters....the lines of the new scheme just don't work with the lines of a Boeing (717 or 737). Looks like it was conceived by a VP's wife. :down:

I'm with the above posters....the lines of the new scheme just don't work with the lines of a Boeing (717 or 737). Looks like it was conceived by a VP's wife. :down:
I don't know about his wife but inquire to the VP of Marketing, that will get you close. I like it when we have to change a nose cowling from a new livery and strap on a beige one <717 Fleet>..... Reminds me of the old Jethro Tull song line.... snot running down his nose....

Then again, at the end of the day, we make a few bucks to eat on and get folks to where they want to go. I thought our livery sucked until I saw the Pink Song plane. That made ours look ok. I'm still not in love with it but, Who cares? Its a fricking airplane and if it flies safely, I'm happy. Artists we are not, a LCC we are. Just trying to get through life as painless as the rest of you...

I like pieces of both the old and the new. I love the blue engines but hate green like others mentioned. I loved the cream/tan/beige. I can't even draw a stick person so who I am to say.

When I first saw the new livery, my first impression was that the blue engines just didn't match the green and red stripe. Now the blue looks OK, but I have to agree that the "swoosh" effect of the green rising up to the nose just doesn't look right. A smooth taper front to rear would have been a more attractive choice, but hey if it makes money, I can live with it.

I do think the the airtran.com slapped on the inside winglets on the 73 is a bit tacky.

When I first saw the new livery, my first impression was that the blue engines just didn't match the green and red stripe. Now the blue looks OK, but I have to agree that the "swoosh" effect of the green rising up to the nose just doesn't look right. A smooth taper front to rear would have been a more attractive choice, but hey if it makes money, I can live with it.

I do think the the airtran.com slapped on the inside winglets on the 73 is a bit tacky.

What the heck, it's advertisement. Consider that the more focals that Book using the website, the less you need in Reservations.... less cost, more profit. I'll take tacky if it's profitable. I just hope we don't do the Wendy's Cup thing again..... Now that was Tacky.... :lol: I do hope we "ink" a deal with Andretti/Green Racing for 2007 as an Asssociate sponsor... Danica Patrick has excellent PR value. Now, if she can just win a race.... Tough chore competing with Penske and Ganassi teams.

Anything has to beat Southwest paint job. What the f&@k were they thinking???.... Periwinkle,burnt orange, and brown???

TWA has be best looking livery of all the airlines past and present, with the exception of the last one that Ozark had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts