AL Govenor

Ms Tree

Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
AL govenor speaks
"Now I will have to say that, if we don't have the same daddy, we're not brothers and sisters," he added, according to the paper. "So anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I'm telling you, you're not my brother and you're not my sister, and I want to be your brother."[/quote]

May be he should have showed up at Congress when they read the COTUS. May be someone can send him a copy of the 1st amendment. The part that address the separation of church and state may be of particular interest to this idiot.
After his speech, Bentley said he did not mean to insult anyone.
Well crap, that makes it all better.

"The governor clearly stated that he will be the governor of all Alabamians — Democrat, Republican and Independent, young, old, black and white, rich and poor. As stated in his (inaugural) address, Gov. Bentley believes his job is to make everyone's lives better," the statement said.

Um, point of order, what about the little religious thing he said?
The official with the Anti-Defamation League, which fights discrimination against Jewish people, said it sounded like Bentley was using the office of governor to advocate for Christian conversion.

"If he does so, he is dancing dangerously close to a violation of the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which forbids government from promoting the establishment of any religion," Nigut said.

Ya think?

And people wonder why the 'South' has the reputation it does. They elect people like this guy and then they wonder why people make fun of them. Now we wait for the "OH, that's not what he meant to say" speech.

Reactions: 2 people
I grew up in Alabama. I hope none of what he said surprises you. They are real patriots down there and want a return to the Constitution of our forefathers, not the pinko-liberal mish-mash that the government has become--unless, of course, you want to enforce the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution as written. It should be Freedom of Religion as long as it's Baptist (everyone knows that Catholics are not Chrischun, because Chrischuns don't worship idols like them Catholics do). Freedom of the Press as long as it supports what I want to do and opposes anything proposed by those liberal, God-hating Democrats. Freedom to petition the government as long as what you want the government to do is take away others welfare rights, run them towel-headed Mooselums out of town, or shut down the Catholic church in my neighborhood for practicing idol worship.

Of course, the joke of their opposition to anything Democrat dates only from 1964 when a Democratic Congress passed the first Civil Rights Act. Prior to that you could hold the Republican state convention in a phone booth in any of the states of the old Confederacy. To say that someone was Republican had to be spoken behind one's hand--just as if you were going to say "You know, she's been married 3 times" or "None of those children has the same daddy. Bless her heart." :lol:

I wish I could say it surprised me, unfortunately it does not. I am saddened by it. I am saddened by the fact that the state can elect such a person that has such little regard for people with other beliefs. I am saddened by the fact that they and the governor are so ignorant of the COTUS.

I read another pieces on this where they quoted someone as saying this was just 'another Alabama moment'. The south has a reputation as being backwards and ignorant and this is why. They elect evangelical far right nut jobs who have absolutely no respect for other religions and other beliefs.

I had an interest to travel to Alabama and spend some tourist dollars there, I guess I'll have to scratch that one of the bucket list. I hope others will do the same.

Am starting to believe Lincoln was wrong. May be he should have let the idiots leave and be separate. B)

Reactions: 3 people
Yuck it up Neanderthals, your bigotry is on full display again.

Im personal more disgusted by liberal elitists who choose to murder their own.

Williams said during a press conference Wednesday that Gosnell "induced labor, forced the live birth of viable babies in the sixth, seventh, eighth month of pregnancy and then killed those babies by cutting into the back of the neck with scissors and severing their spinal cord."

As long as we’re discussing the conditions that lead to murderous behavior, let’s talk about million-dollar industries which profit from a process they won’t describe as death, with targets they refuse to identify as human beings. Freshly minted presidential candidate Herman Cain has been calling for the government to defund Planned Parenthood, which he regards as a holding a “racist agenda,” since “75% of their clinics are located in black neighborhoods.” Why should anyone be surprised that we get more of what we subsidize? It’s a law of both economics and human nature.

Reactions: 5 people
I think Alabama is a wonderful state. All the people who think like the the Governor should move there.

They would enjoy each others company and a fence could be built to keep them in.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Alabama is a wonderful state. All the people who think like the the Governor should move there.

They would enjoy each others company and a fence could be built to keep them in.

That sounds like a plan. At least that way we know where all the crazies are located.

He said he was sorry, like that makes all the difference. All he said was that he is sorry people were offended, not that he was wrong. What an arrogant narrow minded narcissistic little blow hard. How does some one get off believing that they are superior to others who do not believe as they do? How does someone that stupid get elected into office .. OK granted it is Alabama but still?

Im sorry

What an arrogant narrow minded narcissistic little blow hard. How does some one get off believing that they are superior to others who do not believe as they do?
Maybe you should start by asking that reflection in the mirror first?

Reactions: 5 people
Now, if he were a Muslim and said "So anybody here today who has not accepted "MUHAMMAD" as their savior, you're not my brother and you're not my sister, and I want to be your brother" it would not be an issue, unless people complained and then they would be labeled "Racist" by the Libs and the NAACP !

Tell me I'm wrong Libtards !

Now, if he were a Muslim and said "So anybody here today who has not accepted "MUHAMMAD" as their savior, you're not my brother and you're not my sister, and I want to be your brother" it would not be an issue, unless people complained and then they would be labeled "Racist" by the Libs and the NAACP !

Who could disagree with such incomprehensible gibberish?

Libtard bigots wouldn't be welcome anyways, so go ahead and fence yourself in. :lol:

Reactions: 4 people

Latest posts