700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
Alabama's ties to US Airways come to a close
Tuesday, September 27, 2005
MICHAEL TOMBERLIN
News staff writer
David Bronner's tenure as chairman of US Airways Group ends today when the airline is expected to emerge from Chapter 11 bankruptcy, costing Alabama's pension fund $240 million.

The head of the Retirement Systems of Alabama pumped that sum into the troubled airline company in March 2003, betting it was ripe for a comeback after slipping into bankruptcy after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. RSA got a 36 percent stake for its investment, which has since been written off.

Click for Story

700UW said:
Alabama's ties to US Airways come to a close
Tuesday, September 27, 2005
MICHAEL TOMBERLIN
News staff writer
David Bronner's tenure as chairman of US Airways Group ends today when the airline is expected to emerge from Chapter 11 bankruptcy, costing Alabama's pension fund $240 million.

The head of the Retirement Systems of Alabama pumped that sum into the troubled airline company in March 2003, betting it was ripe for a comeback after slipping into bankruptcy after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. RSA got a 36 percent stake for its investment, which has since been written off.

Click for Story
[post="306030"][/post]​

fae thee well

The implication here being that somehow the RSA is responsible for US Airways problems. If it weren't for the RSA, you wouldn't have made it to the merger with AW. You would have gone Ch. 7 in the FIRST bankruptcy.

jimntx said:
The implication here being that somehow the RSA is responsible for US Airways problems. If it weren't for the RSA, you wouldn't have made it to the merger with AW. You would have gone Ch. 7 in the FIRST bankruptcy.
[post="306039"][/post]​

Where do you see that "implication". You didnt live through the Bonner era, so dont even start your ####. US appreciated the investment of the RSA, we did not however appreciate the #### we had to take from bonner in return.

My, my! A little touchy at the New US Airways, aren't we? Hope your potty mouth and attitude don't carry over to your customer interactions. You'll be back in front of the judge in no time--except it won't be for the 3rd reorg. It will be for permission to print signs for the yard sale.

Oh I forgot myself for a minute....

First off, you're a flight attendant,
Second, you're one of crandalls little bois,
and then there is the whole Texas thing, lol :lol:

jimntx said:
[post="306039"][/post]​

jimntx,

Remember that TPG was outbid by Bronner. We'll never know what would have happened if they had been the successful bidder, but their track record is reasonably good (Siegel's tenure at Gate Gourmet nonwithstanding).

Jim

Screw Bronner and the Golf Cart he rode in on.

Bronner smelled a profit on our backs....otherwise he wouldn't have invested his $240 Million. he bet...he lost. Tough Toe Nails

Bronner was his own worst enemy...as he scared our customers all too frequently in the press with words about U going out of business. This drove away paying customers , but of course we know that was an attempt to try to scare the employees at the same time into giving away everything.

In the case of employee givebacks He had more than his share of success ....but with Union members that won't stick together...maybe it wasn't such a tough act after all?

Frankly the RSA being the hell out of U and hopefully avaition as a whole should be viewed as a positive step for the entire industry...hopefully they won't be in the aviation leasing business beyond this point either...as that is what put him in our pockets to begin with. The F-100's cost us all plenty when you view it in the big scheme of things.

Now if I had stopped to think of a response, instead of beign reactionary, I may have sounded perhaps 1/2 as intelligent as your response. Thank you for putting into words what, at the time, I was too ignorant to.

And dont even get me started on those damn f100 saunas

bartsbutt.gif

nycbusdriver said:
Bronner and RSA aren't totally out of the picture.

There are several lawsuits pending in federal court to which RSA (as a defendant)will have to answer eventually.

Maybe the $240 million loss is just the start.
[post="306185"][/post]​

I agree. Bronner has been very, very quiet for quite some time. Maybe one of his lawyers told him to pound salt ;)

Here's to Bronner/RSA having to fork over some "pork"...

Softlanding