ALASKA AIRLINES CONTRACT PREAMBLE- Represented by AMFA

PREAMBLE
3 Alaska has earned a decades-long reputation for providing
4 distinctive, quality service. In order to continue to outpace the
5 competition in this rapidly changing industry we must strive every
6 day to provide a safe and reliable operation as well as a great
7 experience for our passengers. We recognize that AMFA
8 employees are core to our operation, and having them willingly
9 engaged is critical to our future success.

12 AMFA and Alaska Airlines management recognize that an
13 effective partnership based on mutual respect, trust and candor,
14 will improve the long term profitability and competitiveness of
15 Alaska Airlines and is beneficial to the AMFA employee group. In
16 order to take full advantage of all opportunities, labor and
17 management must embrace collaboration as the means to build
18 an innovative and effective team; a team fully focused on the
19 future.
21 Alaska and AMFA jointly strive to elevate the moral,
22 intellectual, and social conditions of its Aircraft Technicians and
23 Airline Support Personnel by maintaining a “Safety First” culture.
24 We recognize that AMFA members are highly skilled and
25 responsible individuals with a public trust, who continually strive
26 for higher standards in aircraft maintenance, servicing, and
27 handling in the interest of safety.

29 Alaska’s AMFA employee’s should be well compensated
30 and enjoy a high standard of living and job security. In order to
31 make our career a continued success in this intensely competitive
32 industry, we must be committed to constantly making our
33 business stronger and more successful.

35 Our mission is to be universally recognized as a great
36 Company with a high performance culture. Alaska management
37 and AMFA encourage a small company feel where employees
38 demonstrate genuine care and concern for one another which will
39 foster open, honest conversations between employees at all

TWU- 2012 contract preamble

PREAMBLE

THIS AGREEMENT, entered into this 15th day of April, 2003 DOS by and between AMERICAN AIRLINES, INC (hereinafter sometimes referred to as the "Company") and TRANSPORT WORKERS UNION OF AMERICA AFL-CIO (hereinafter sometimes referred to as the "Union"), as representative of the employees within the United States in the classifications listed herein, pursuant to the terms of the Railway Labor Act, as amended, in the mutual interests of the employees and of the Company to promote the safety and continuity of air transportation, to further the efficiency and economy of operations, and to provide orderly collective bargaining relations between the Company and its employees, a method for the prompt and equitable disposition of grievances, and for the establishment of fair wages, hours and working conditions for the employees covered hereunder. In making this Agreement, both the Company and the employees hereunder recognize their duty to comply with the terms hereof and to cooperate fully, both individually and collectively, for the accomplishment of the intent and purpose of this Agreement.

Here is Alaska Airlines holiday pay rate. I got this info from their current contract.
See attachment.

10 holidays. A 20 year AMT on afts makes $84.59 per hour on holidays.
Base pay: $31.87 + .15 longevity +.51 shift diff. +$4.25 license.
Base pay +1.5 times plus other premiums listed.
If a AMT works O/T on a holiday he gets TRIPLE time.

Which union represents Alaska Airlines? Not the TWU or the IAM or the Teamsters.
Who is left? AMFA.

Below is a Merry Christmas from the TWU.

Holiday Pay rates on Christmas Day.

UAL mechs I
BT $76 an hour ( under AMFA contract)
Delta mechs non-union $76 an hour
SWA mechs AMFA $90 an hour
USair mechs IAM after 2 BK $64 an hour
AA mechs TWU $45 for the past 9 years

Rough numbers, but you get the point.

--
AA-Bankruptcy.png

Reactions: 2 people
Well, another one who just doesn't see the big picture. Our consultants have told us that respecting the employees is a waste of valuable bonus spending time. So, please don't bring this up again. OK? ( :lol:)

Maybe you should read it again as you only got a small portion of the big picture!

Nice post Chuck. Some how the blind in Tulsa need to see this. How in the hell can we succeed if we can not convince the AMT's in Tulsa that refuse to sign a card or even educate themselves? Things will be getting more complicated and confusing pretty soon if we do not get AMFA on the floor representing AA AMT's. This potential merger rumor has its issues. Too many unions representing similar work groups at USAir. Add AA in the mix and we have a Cluster-Phuck. Then it will be too late for the non signers to act. I can just hear them now. What happened? How could this happen to us? Why? Where is the TWU international? What are our options? You get the point.

Nice half truth post Chuck. Left out that all of overhaul was outsourced or 50% of the work force to get those rates. Chuck when will you being doing the road show for AMFA telling them that overhaul will have to go so you can get language for triple time? You won't because TUL will kick your phony tough guy NY butt.

You cherry pick facts like Bob. You two should join UFW because you can pick cherries like no other.

Nice half truth post Chuck. Left out that all of overhaul was outsourced or 50% of the work force to get those rates. Chuck when will you being doing the road show for AMFA telling them that overhaul will have to go so you can get language for triple time? You won't because TUL will kick your phony tough guy NY butt.

You cherry pick facts like Bob. You two should join UFW because you can pick cherries like no other.

ok then tell me all the great accomplishments the TWU has done for their members in the last several contract negotiations? we gave up major concessions and still lost jobs!!!! we had 16,760 eligible voters in title 1 and title 2 in 2003. Now we have 11,000 at best. I thought we preseved jobs. Now with this agreement we will go from 11,000 down to 7500 to 8000 members and we gave away our careers, for what? Cherry picking is the prime choice of people like john hewitt and the TWU international officers. Jim Little said " we will fight like hell" where did that happen?
you know the chant of the twu at picketing
"UNION" .........POWER!
UNION..........POWER!

what i have witnessed it should be the TWU chant:
"UNION............ CONCESSIONS
UNION..............CONCESSIONS

the jobs in Tulsa will go away by themselves due to contract language and aircraft retirement. I have no control over that and I blame the owners of our contract and the advisors for allowing such damaging language to be in the agreement in the first place!
if it does happen that way then we gave away the jobs for nothing just like in 2003. cherry picking I think not, this is fact

Reactions: 3 people

Be sure and keep driving that overhaul vs line wedge in deeper. And then next week wear in your t-shirt with the slogan that says "United We bargain - Divided We Beg", or maybe some other hogwash slogan that claims TWU is strong and united. You are such a fool,

Reactions: 5 people
It won't be long until 700UW (Overspeed for the IAM) comes along to say how great the USAIR IAM agreement is when it's really an awful, horrible agreement that is only marginally better than AA TWU.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people

Listen up, any so called union that gives up scope, pension, and retiree medical is no longer a union!!
Tulsa has put their fate in the hands of the new contract, they will shrink on their own without any input from me or any line station. As much as you want to start an anti chuck campaign i have no effect on the head count reduction built into the new agreeement. The questions should be directed at the owners of the contract why they allowed such weak language again in the contract to allow the reductions at the will of the company!

The TWU have reduced our headcount in title 1 by almost five thousand people since 2003.....and the headcount will reduce under this new contract further and you say it is my wish to reduce Tulsa? The contract language will take care of it for everyone.

when are you going to come around the line stations and tell them how good they have it! in fact, bring Gless with you he should be able to explain it since he came from this local.

Reactions: 5 people
Listen up, any so called union that gives up scope, pension, and retiree medical is no longer a union!!

I agree with you on all counts except for the pension piece (not talking about accrued benefits/vesting). A 401k with both an excellent contribution and match actually empowers the membership much more than being beholden to a pension.