Alaska gets on board with sharing tax cuts with employees

With all this glee about a $1000 bonus, maybe we should put it in perspective. By the time you take out the taxes--and remember all but 7 states will take a state income tax cut from the bonus as well as the Federal cut--you'll barely have enough to make 1 monthly payment on that giant pickup truck you bought last year. At last, mother can have that operation.

Ok. Pen to paper. 1,000.00 Bonus. As in our case we are receiving them Mon. I read that bonuses are taxed at a flat rate of 25% when given in a separate check. So there goes 250.00. Most here are in the 25-28% tax range. I have no state income taxes. Although the are suppose to take out my 401K and retirement contributions which are at 10% currently where the co. matches 9.3%. So that's somewhere between 34.3% and 37.3% total from bonus. I only expect to see 600-650 after deductions are removed. But hey, that's still more than I had coming to me without Trump and the tax cuts. Not sure what state tax rates are but could it be as high as 40-50% by the time all considerations are taken out??