Aligning shuttle bases (DCA,LGA,BOS)

lildutchgrl

Advanced
Apr 4, 2007
I just read that they are aligning the f/a shuttle bases and John O from BOS is going to be overseeing the three bases. It makes me curious if this is the first step in combining these bases all together. A couple of people have chosen to retire and there is an opening now for a supervisor in LGA.

Any thoughts? <_<

Here's the letter:
July 21, 2008
T
To All Flight Attendants:
I would like to make you all aware of some changes that are taking place within our InFlight Operations team. These changes, although difficult, are intended to assist us in reducing our operating costs while continuing to allow us to offer our employees a high level of support.
Effective immediately, we are aligning all three “Shuttleâ€￾ domiciles (BOS/DCA/LGA) under one umbrella. We believe the common operating platform along with the close proximity of these locations will enable us to maintain our current operating standards in a more cost effective environment.
John O'Brien, currently our domicile manager in Boston has agreed to serve as our new regional manager for all three locations and will report directly to me. As a result of this realignment, our current domicile manager in Washington, Sharon Haynes-Windham has elected to retire from US Airways. InFlight Supervisors Sheilah Fraites and Bonnie Tyler will continue to support the DCA-based flight attendants and will report to John O'Brien.
Our current InFlight Manager in New York, Terri O’Leary has also elected to retire from US Airways. Therefore, we will be posting a supervisor opening for the LGA domicile. We would like to express our sincere appreciation to Sharon and Terri for their dedication and commitment to US Airways. We wish them all the best moving forward.
Record oil prices and a softening economy dictate that we respond aggressively and decisively to reduce our costs and grow our revenues. These changes demonstrate our commitment to redefining how we operate in today’s business environment. Thank you for your continued commitment to providing our customers with the best possible onboard experience.
Sincerely,
Stephen S. Kingsley
Managing Director – InFlight Services

I just read that they are aligning the f/a shuttle bases and John O from BOS is going to be overseeing the three bases. It makes me curious if this is the first step in combining these bases all together. A couple of people have chosen to retire and there is an opening now for a supervisor in LGA.

Any thoughts? <_<

Yeah, I think it's amazing that two out of the three base managers have opted for "retirement. " How convenient is that? I also find it amazing that SK hasn't been "forced" into retirement.

BOS and LGA pilots have been overseen by the same Regional Director of Flying for several years, so combining the Inflight offices doesn't appear to be that radical of a change.

BOS and LGA pilots have been overseen by the same Regional Director of Flying for several years, so combining the Inflight offices doesn't appear to be that radical of a change.
It's pretty radical for the two managers. One day you have a job, and the next day, you're 'retired'. Sharon is a single mom to a young daughter. She has her Masters and management experience so hopefully, she will be okay, but Masters-prepared managers are a dime a dozen in Washington. I wish her the best.

It's pretty radical for the two managers. One day you have a job, and the next day, you're 'retired'. Sharon is a single mom to a young daughter. She has her Masters and management experience so hopefully, she will be okay, but Masters-prepared managers are a dime a dozen in Washington. I wish her the best.

Me too, I liked Sharon especially...She's someone you can really get along with and chat about anything without worrying :)