All Aurlines

harleyrider

Feb 14, 2003
:angry: It's time for all the employees at every airline to forget the logo on your shirt and realize what is happening to our jobs. Everyone of us, were proud to work for our company, but time is changing. Employees, at Delta, American, United, American West, Jet Blue, and every airline that I didn't mention, it's time to wake up. Southwest, you are at the top of the industry and I congradulate you all on your new contracts. With all the airline employees, at all the other carriers taking major concessions, giving all low cost wages, don't be surprised when your management team comes to you and asks you for concessions. Don't think it will not happen. It's time to realize, that what happens to one employee group at one airline, will eventually happen to all other employee groups. So this is my pipe dream. To stop, the downward spiral of our wages by greedy management teams, like at USAirways, we need to band together as one. Send a message to all management teams that we, are not going to stand by and watch management fill their pockets, while employees are forced to take concessions to save their jobs. We need a nationwide strike, shut it all down, just like the day after 9/11, not a airplane in the air. Maybe then, some people in Washington will look into some of the crooks that are in management and start making them accountable for their actions. The airlines don't need to be another Enron. Don't wait, tomorrow maybe to late.

AMEN to that but the sad thing there will always be some that feel that they should give all that the companys want. If it means working for free they will.
Like it was said WN making it now but when you have more LCC starting everyday someone will loose,one day we will be able to talk about how nice it was to fly were people dress up and were nice to each other and were happy to fly instead of what we have now days were alot of pigs fly and it never there fault that they broke something,ran in to someone or other rude thing that happens not-me

shut the hole thing down and reboot and maybe we can fix it

"If the employees come first, then they're happy," Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines co-founder is quoted as saying. "A motivated employee treats the customer well. The customer is happy so they keep coming back, which pleases the shareholders. It's not one of the enduring Green mysteries of all time, it is just the way it works."

PineyBob said:
Hey Herb? Have you watched "Airline" lately? It's on the A & E Network and it features hundreds of your well treated and motivated employees treating the customer like crap in many cases.

Look to CO for a beTter example of leadership
[post="196545"][/post]​
the customers must like being treated like "crap" as you say piney, because they continue to return in mass. or could it be that $99.00 round trip that keeps them coming back? Irregardless southwest continues to fill'em up and turn a profit, when the others have record load factors and lose money! funny how their labor cost dont seem to be a factor at southwest which BTW is better than some legacy carriers. we are sick and tired of being compared apples to oranges, you either adapt and manage or go belly up! :up: :shock: :blink:

PineyBob said:
Hey Herb? Have you watched "Airline" lately? It's on the A & E Network and it features hundreds of your well treated and motivated employees treating the customer like crap in many cases.

There's a novel idea, treat the customers like crap instead of the EMPLOYEES! Maybe that's been our problem all along! Hmmm? :D

PineyBob said:

[post="196545"][/post]​

Bob,

Call it what you will....they are laughing at all of us...all the way to the bank!

local 12 proud said:
"If the employees come first, then they're happy," Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines co-founder is quoted as saying. "A motivated employee treats the customer well. The customer is happy.

SKY HIGH states: YOUR AGENTS at LAX look like ZOMBIES. Herding thousands of passengers around daily. It's taken a toll of them. It shows in their faces.

PineyBob said:

[post="196545"][/post]​
go to the southwest forum and see how many employees are irate about the the treatment they recieve from the company. WN hedged fuel and runs a tight ship, but beyond that they also recognize thier most valuable asset is the "EMPLOYEE". CONTINUE TO KICK YOUR DOG AND SEE IF HE DOES'NT TAKE A PIECE OF YOUR A$$! :blink:

PineyBob said:

[post="196545"][/post]​

"Airline" shows the "man bites dog" stuff. Been here 11 years people either love us or hate us, but we are what we are.

I am in stores (MX) but I have help put in child seats for passengers for an aircarft I was delivering a part to when an op's agent needed an extra hand. I have had flight attendant stop in for superglue when they had a broken nail. I have had pilots stop in for earplugs or a headset if theirs is broken. I have help unload bags when the ramp needed help. My story is like everyone else here we all help each other and I have never heard anyone say, "that's not my job." The impression you have us is wrong Mr Piney.

Also regarding CO I remember talking to one of our pilots that worked for Texas Air. He held Continenal in the highest regard, once the swearing was done.

As some of my fellow WNers have said here Mr. Pinehead, don't be judging WN by the TV show.

It appears that WN isn't afraid to show the true side to air travel, the side that ALL passengers know. Perhaps if Usair and others keep their heads in the sand then everything will be ok, to them, lol. I've talked to a lot of passengers who say they like the fact that WN shows the true side of what its like to fly. It real life you jokers out there, get used to it.

Hey bubbleboy, man are you active dude. What he says is true however. I know there are plenty of times Im helping him out, stocking the shelves, getting parts out for AOG, etc. I have parked a/c, brought down luggage from the jetway, helped pick up the a/c between flights, in other words helping any and all employee groups I can. The beauty of it is we all do it because we want to and don't have to worry about someone filing a grievance, like what would happen at Usair when I was there...terrible time there, yuck, :down: .

Skyhigh, I see you still are what your name sez. Zombies, thats a great line....zombies are what the employees of Usair are looking like these days, not WN's employees, get it straight.

The one great thing about that awful show is that it had made alot of people never want to fly that airline. Finally Southwest is p*ssing in it's own pool instead of others for once.

Light Years said:
The one great thing about that awful show is that it had made alot of people never want to fly that airline. Finally Southwest is p*ssing in it's own pool instead of others for once.
[post="196606"][/post]​
I was on a flight back from Houston to Baltimore. Infront of me was a passenger that complained the whole fight how she would never fly Southwest and how her company had booked her on our AWFUL airline for a buisness trip. Since her company was footing the bill why shouldn't she go on an airline with first class. They must have really disliked her to put her on us. I felt really bad for her the whole flight. We arrived 10 minutes early to the gate I don't remember her complaining about that.

Piney just doesn't understand the SWA philosophy. I read an interview once with HERB, before his retirement and what he told the new bosses of SWA. He said and I quoteâ€￾ What makes SWA a success story is the employees at SWA." And the reason my employees are so successful is because of my business approach at the airline. I run the airline with three major goals and they are:

1. The employees come first!

2. The customer comes second!

3. And the shareholders come third!

You remember these three things and SWA will ALWAYS be a success!!!

Noble concept, to bad other management teams in the airline business haven't mimicked this business philosophy.

But you have the BIG Air Lines like UAL, USAIR, AA, NWA, and ECT. ECT. They do things just the opposite.

1. The shareholders come first!

2. The customer comes second!

4. XXXXXXXXXX

5. XXXXXXXXXX

6. XXXXXXXXXX

100. And the employees ALWAYS come DEAD last!!!!!!

I don't see anyone going backwards at SWA, they will eventually be the HIGHEST PAID folks in the entire airline industry.

One of the many problems with current management, is the fact the continue look at the employees as a liability. Not an asset. They just dont get the concept. They are not "airline" men, as with the case of Herb. They have no passion toward this business. It's just another case of grab the money and as much of it as they can. This was proved when Glass and his group came in to clean up the labor "problem". Until the entire rats nest in CCY is changed, nothing will change with the company. We've got the new guys there that are just there for the money, and the old school boys, like Crellin, who couldn't think "outside" the box if his life depended on it. It's all just business now, with the bean counters calling the shots.

Latest posts