Allegiant flight into Dallas Love Field

JS

Veteran
Aug 24, 2002
DFW
Visit site
I saw an Allegiant Airlines flight on approach to DAL this afternoon (Oct 20). They don't have any scheduled flights to DAL, only DFW.

I'm just curious if anyone would be able to tell why that was.

I don't think DFW had any issues today in case it was a diversion.

Sorry you cant go back that far without purchasing the info, but when I see planes that arent usually at the airport, I check it out at flightaware.com . You can check 24 hours or so and it gives the flight and a/c info and where it flew in from and was headed. Next time?

I checked that when I saw the OP. The plane came in from ICT and left for Bull Head City AZ (IFP) - a small town with a 1-runway airport near the southern tip of Nevada. Have no idea why it went there, but the ICT-DAL may have been a charter.

Jim

I live next to Love. Lots of aircraft from other airlines fly in for maintenance. Remember DalFort (Old Braniff maintenance) has a large operation. See Alligent , US Express, Middle East private jets, there this week alone. Love does a large amont ofmaintenance for charters as well.

It sounds like it may have been a gambling junket charter to Laughlin Nev, which I believe is across the river from Bull Head City AZ.

Charter flights are subject to the Wright Amendment, but different rules apply.

SEC. 4. CHARTER FLIGHTS AT LOVE FIELD, TEXAS.
(a) IN GENERAL.—Charter flights (as defined in section 212.2
of title 14, Code of Federal Regulations) at Love Field, Texas,
shall be limited to—

(1) destinations within the 50 States and the District of
Columbia; and

(2) no more than 10 per month per air carrier for charter
flights beyond the States of Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma,
Kansas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, and Alabama.

Source