(Almost) Great Experience on US

SVQLBA

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Having followed the discussion on this board for a while, I had a chance to experience US again with my family over Christmas, doing CLE-PHL-MUC on the 22nd and returning on 1/1. (I''m a dividend miles member, but not a US FF, being based in CLE.) The staff at all points were superb - no-one would have guessed that Ch7 had been threatened just days before. In particular, the CSR at gate 12 in Cleveland who not only made my 4 yr old welcome and happy despite a 90 minute delay outbound, but recognized her and chatted with her when we returned, a bit be-draggled, after 18hrs travelling back, 10 days later. Also, the FAs, especially on the US 15 return, were a class apart - friendly, helpful -- truly seemed to be enjoying what they do, unlike so many.
The downside, PHL was truly horrible on the return connecting from Term A to F -- from customs to baggage recheck to security, the place was totally swamped by a few simultaneous European arrivals. Separate security for connecting int''l pax would be a big improvement. As would extending the Term F Shuttle to run to A, not just C.
Can''t say I''d recommend to anyone connecting internationally at PHL after that, but a great experience on US overall anyway.
BTW - the pax on US14 o/b were entertained (!) for 2-3 hrs watching the mechanics troubleshoot a leaky #2 engine on the 767.

Intl. arrivals in Philly will be much improved when terminal A-West opens in a few months.

U employees should be proud. This just goes to show you that U still presents a GREAT PRODUCT and has GREAT EMPLOYEES.[BR][BR]Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!![BR][BR]Phillyguy[BR][BR]

I used to tell folks that flying a trip through PHL took 10 minutes off my life, so I avoided it. I'll have to say that my last few trips thru PHL have been very smooth. Maybe down to 1 1/2 minutes per trip!

You guys do a great job!

A320 Driver

Given the choice, I have no problem heading TO Europe using PHL as the departure gateway. PHL has the spare aircraft and PHL has the Envoy departure lounge. I will ALWAYS return thru CLT or PIT if it's an option. The ordeal one must endure when deplaning, getting bags, customs, immigration and then the horrid lines to connect will ruin your day.

Does anyone know when the new PHL INTL. Terminal is going to open?